• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 Demo/Forza 2 comparison (56K and trolls go back to Drivers Ed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prologue's demo doesn't look anywhere near that dark on my screen.

TheGreatDave said:
Well, I can't tell the difference. But then I have no interest in either game, so my mind hasn't been tainted.
A rarity indeed.

Gowans007 said:
from these screen shots I agree.

But then what about frame rate, gameplay, choice, online experience, handling, controls & sound?
You're looking at a great deal more subjectivity mixed with much less honesty than a visual comparison.

Y2Kev said:
??

(joking right?)

It runs at 13 FPS.

Oh that's right. Also the cockpit view is ultimately a disappointment. You can't tinker with the climate controls and you can't even roll down the windows and give the finger to other drivers.

Bookey

Professional Monk
need someone to post some more of the ruliweb shots, seem to look better than the gamersyde ones what are the different ways they take screens?

FFChris

Holtz said:
Are you blind? The cars aren't even close, and neither is the lighting. Falus post makes that very clear. Forza wins in environments seen so far, though.

As I said, the screenshots at the start of the thread. Did you not read my post?

Yes, F@lus' shots are a better comparison, and GT definately looks better there.

beerbelly said:
Come again? Saying GT5 have better cars due to experience, longer development time and a better leader is considered a defence force act? Why don't you shut the fuck up, other than hopping into a thread making snarky comments.
WhhaAAAaaaaaaaaa!!!

This is a snarky thread though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Red Blaster said:
Oh that's right. Also the cockpit view is ultimately a disappointment. You can't tinker with the climate controls and you can't even roll down the windows and give the finger to other drivers.

Kazunori feels great shame

jett

D-Member
gran-turismo-5-20070920030033510.jpg

I tried to find a comparable Forza 2 screenshot, but I don't think that's possible. Lulz.

spwolf

f@luS said:
REAL Ingame shoot from blim ( no crappy photo thing)
847_0014.jpg
Forza 2

GT5
1316_0016.jpg

also, while we are checking enviroments, lets check those powerlines in both F2 and GT5P demo... ehm, jag fest? what about those tires stackked on the side that look like boxes? At least i think thats what it is, since you cant recognize it. Also F2's grass is blurred all the time, even if you are stopped on the road.

there is also double amount of cars in GT5P demo and they all look considerably better than in F2. At 60 fps.

:D

Pistolero

First it was GT5 P vs PGR4 (That I can understand, hardly but I can imagine...)...
Then it became GT5 P vs Forza2...
In before GT5 p vs Forza 1 graphics...

Pistolero said:
First it was GT5 P vs PGR4 (That I can understand, hardly but I can imagine...)...
Then it became GT5 P vs Forza2...
In before GT5 p vs Forza 1 graphics...

Notice which game is always tied up in these comparisons? There's a reason for that.

BamYouHaveAids said:
The GT5P screens are dark. Dark like the black soul of death looming over it's apprehensive victim or like the PS3's future, whichever works.
BamYouHaveAids said:
The PS3's future isn't dark, it's bright like the color red!

Black is nothing but a far off dream.
You know it's a bad thread when a troll feeds itself!

Nice thread Sho Nuff.
Now about your car comparisons that you promised....

The best part about the GT series is the replays after you drive. Forza doesn't come close in that area, but everything else looks pretty much the same.

Core407

Banned
CapoAheaz said:
"uh yeah, GT5P demo environments look like shit." i don't see it. it looks great to me.

It doesn't look that good in the demo. :lol The grass in that picture is higher res than the one in the GT5 demo. I just threw that pic up there for shits and giggles.

I think the GT5 demo should be compared to Formula 1 on the PS3. I still think that is the top graphics for a racing game so far.

formula_1_10.jpg

Pistolero

HocusPocus said:
The best part about the GT series is the replays after you drive. Forza doesn't come close in that area, but everything else looks pretty much the same.

I think some people just lost it...seriously. No surprise we evoke the diminishing returns phenomenon when people who are arguably knowledgeable faill to perceive the difference between a game that contains two times the number of cars, at twice the resolution and framerate, AND looks better. I mean, it's not even funny...
Of course they would look "the same"...what were you expecting, flying bald donkeys in GT5 ?

jett said:
gran-turismo-5-20070920030033510.jpg

I tried to find a comparable Forza 2 screenshot, but I don't think that's possible. Lulz.
Ammount of cars is amazing, and at the gt5 detail it's even more amazing.

But that is from promo/photomode so you fail.

Gattsu25

Banned
HocusPocus said:
I love the GT games and have probably watched a whole 3 replays across all of them.

spwolf said:
also, while we are checking enviroments, lets check those powerlines in both F2 and GT5P demo... ehm, jag fest? what about those tires stackked on the side that look like boxes? At least i think thats what it is, since you cant recognize it. Also F2's grass is blurred all the time, even if you are stopped on the road.

there is also double amount of cars in GT5P demo and they all look considerably better than in F2. At 60 fps.

:D
:lol

Seriously?

tha_con

Banned
16 Car Racing Grid > 8

1080p > 720p

Cockpit > No cockpit

Wheel Support > Shitty Wheel Support

I think it's easy to see which is the 'better' game here. No contest.

SuperBonk

I love how graphics are the only important thing in racing games now and thus GT is always compared to Forza even though they are both absolutely atrocious in the gameplay department. AKA the department that I spend my $60 on.

ypo

:lol These shots actually make lighting in Forza 2 look better. Great shots. Incredibly accurate comparisons. :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
SuperBonk said:
I love how graphics are the only important thing in racing games now and thus GT is always compared to Forza even though they are both absolutely atrocious in the gameplay department. AKA the department that I spend my $60 on.
??? Forza 2 has amazing gameplay.

tha_con

Banned
SuperBonk said:

Why not? It worked for Gears of War which was an average game, but very pretty, and it seemed to sell well.

It seems like you aren't a sim fan though. Go play Burnout?

Tk0n

jett said:
http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/6779/1316_0014.jpg

Man, I tried again to find a comparable screnshot from Forza 2, but nothing came up.

quick, let me take a pic of a damaged car in forza...

yawn....

SuperBonk said:

That's good because you're not paying anything for the GT5P demo!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
jett said:
1316_0014.jpg

Man, I tried again to find a comparable screnshot from Forza 2, but nothing came up.
This is the funny part... GT5 doesn't look like that on my TV. It looks much, much better.

InterMoniker said:
You know it's a bad thread when a troll feeds itself!

Nice thread Sho Nuff.
Now about your car comparisons that you promised....
I was hungry - hungry for justice that only trolling could deliver. I had to hit Sony where it hurts, right in their message board integrity.

Besides isn't it the unwritten rule to do the opposite of what the title and OP ask? Sort of like how a thread ask for intelligent replies and instead you get CATZ, bitta tears replies, and nonsensical rants.

spwolf

tha_con said:
16 Car Racing Grid > 8

1080p > 720p

Cockpit > No cockpit

Wheel Support > Shitty Wheel Support

I think it's easy to see which is the 'better' game here. No contest.

no cockpit in forza? seriously?

Isnt GT5P 60fps also vs how much for Forza?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
spwolf said:
no cockpit in forza? seriously?

Isnt GT5P 60fps also vs how much for Forza?

Gattsu25 said:
I love the GT games and have probably watched a whole 3 replays across all of them.

That's personally my favorite part of the games as it's the only time the game looks like the screens I'm suppose to be jonesing about in this thread. :)

No surprise we evoke the diminishing returns phenomenon when people who are arguably knowledgeable faill to perceive the difference between a game that contains two times the number of cars, at twice the resolution and framerate, AND looks better. I mean, it's not even funny...

Erm I was commenting on the original post only, and the framerate in Forza is 60 FPS. I'll admit that GT5 blows it away in really nicely done replay shots, but I don't see a huge leap with the in game shots. The guys behind the GT series know exactly how to position that camera for replays that make their cars look the best, and it's something that's always amazed me in how nobody else can pull that off.

I much prefer Forza 2 over GT5, but that's because of the physics (ie gameplay). GT5 will end up looking prettier, that's their MO. The GT games are normally some of the best looking ones when they come out -- and yes, the car models are incredible this time around.

Ashhong

Red Blaster said:
Yes but only two cars have it. Also it only runs at 20 fps in cockpit view.

Just seriously gtfo. Every car in the demo has cockpit view except the masked GT-R which is understandable because the car hasn't been unveiled. One the cars like the GT-R and IS-F are shown at the Motor Show they will unlock them WITH cockpit view. And 20fps? Stop trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom