• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Tigress

Good games last night (well morning really for me).

Just one little thing, when doing co-op missions it is really useful to at least have a way of hearing your other players even if you can't respond. I tend not to speak online unless have to if my other half is around and watching the TV but will almost always have an ear bud in just to hear any plans.

Also, blowing shit up is fun, and not the end of the world if it goes awry... :)

I was just tired and didn't feel like talking (I'm actually kind of shy so I tend to feel awkward and being tired just makes it more of an effort to try not to be awkward).

And, me have plans? What? (Though I think if we try that van mission again let me drive and the other person shoot, I'm even worse at shooting from a car than I am at driving ;) ). Also, I am better at staying far and sniping or using cover rather than running up close and trying to run and gun (I take too long to aim and tend to die if I have to try to aim quickly while getting hit, especially with no auto aim).

woen

I killed 2 people near Michael's house, I got 1 star, I waited 'till the police search is off, and then I stole a police car near Michael's car and in front of a cop. I got 1 star and the cop...stole my car to chase me. After losing the star, I can still see the blue car icon moving on the map and I can follow the cop with my amazing car, driving around the city...and when I look inside the car, it's not a cop anymore.

Random GTA afternoon.

Darker

Banned
What's wrong with the turbo?

I've been winning races in my Dukes to earn it so I can get 5 bars of acceleration, so what's up?

Before you blame matchmaking which platform are you on and do you know your console's NAT level? Joining a 30 player p2p mesh is pretty demanding of your network connection and you aint joining populated sessions behind moderate or strict NAT, or if you experience regular packet loss or even have a router with crappy UDP handling (hey Virgin Media Superhub, what's up?)

Xbox one, the xbox is set as a DMZ so all ports are ready and avaliable, my Nat reads open, somedays it will say moderate but a router and modem restart usually opens it back up. My xbox is also set as a high priority in my routers QOS settings so there isn't really anything else I can do on my end.

I blame the matchmaking because I can play any other multiplayer game with zero problems, I find it hard to believe it can't handle 30 players in GTAO when It can handle 64 players in battlefield 4 without a hitch.

IMACOMPUTA

Well it's either split the player-base (not that it matters much, this game is huge and will be populated for years to come), or have everyone who uses assisted aiming demolish everyone who uses free-aim. I'd rather have the current setup.

Online should be free aim only. Or they should have made a special aiming mode similar to other shooters that has slight aim assist, but not a lock on.

waypoetic

Banned
Seeing as there's been rumours about december 23rd being the date for the next DLC and this alleged leak mentions the same date, well, it made me feel quite optimistic.

Mistel

Banned
Great! I recently got me a Heist-mobile. Thinking about getting a four person van too but i'm having no luck finding one...
That's because there's only 4 off the top of my head: bison, paradise, journey, and sadler. The bison which is a pick up that fits 4 in the cab and 2 in the bed is probably the best out of those.

waypoetic

Banned
That's because there's only 4 off the top of my head: bison, paradise, journey, and sadler. The bison which is a pick up that fits 4 in the cab and 2 in the bed is probably the best out of those.

Wait... What? Holy shit. I just googled it and the Bison can hold up to 6 people!

But i was thinking about the Speedo ( http://gta.wikia.com/Speedo ) and i've been to numerous locations on the map where it spawns (source: a youtube video) and... nothing.

Mistel

Banned
Wait... What? Holy shit. I just googled it and the Bison can hold up to 6 people!

But i was thinking about the Speedo ( http://gta.wikia.com/Speedo ) and i've been to numerous locations on the map where it spawns (source: a youtube video) and... nothing.
Can't own one it's not exactly a great van plus as you've experience it's not easy to get. Bison is faster, can be owned, be upgraded, and fits more makes it the better investment than a speedo.

Skenzin

Banned
I know this is a really really stupid question and I feel like a moran for asking but.. How can one just drop into some deathmatch. This online component of this game boggles my mind for some reason. /defeated ...ps4 version here.

I know this is a really really stupid question and I feel like a moran for asking but.. How can one just drop into some deathmatch. This online component of this game boggles my mind for some reason. /defeated ...ps4 version here.

Go on your character's phone, click on the Quick Job app, tell it to search for a random deathmatch.

First of all -
image.php
;)

Secondly - bring up your in-game phone (up on the d-pad), and select jobs > find deathmatch. Or press options, go to online > jobs > join job > deathmatch.

RdN

I believe it's: Press Start > Online > Jobs > Join Job > Deathmatch.

Edit: beaten.

Pull up your phone and go to the quick match option (not sure what it is actually called) its in the center row of icons all the way on the left. There you can select what gametype you wanna join straight away, or queue up for while you still play in free roam it will find other players to match up with.

Grinchy

Banned
The online has been working pretty well for me lately. What I do now is if I know I want to just do jobs, I connect to an invite-only lobby. It loads up in 15 seconds, and anytime I quit out of a match it puts me back into the invite-only lobby. That way I never face the 2 minute load screens.

And if I change my mind and I want to do free roam, I just have it find me a new session. It takes forever to load, but I've been getting into a lot of 20-27 player sessions when I want to.

How far between updates does Rockstar usually put up a DLC trailer? I know they had one for the flight school and maybe 4th of July... You'd think an update as big as heists would get one too

Tigress

Wait, how do we know heists are going to require a van? And I had no idea the Bison was a van and fit 6 people.

personally, I like my Granger (Bison is probably faster to tell the truth. I just like my granger anyways). Fits 6 too (two just have to hang off the side).

Seeing as there's been rumours about december 23rd being the date for the next DLC and this alleged leak mentions the same date, well, it made me feel quite optimistic.

I think both are based on the same source... xkillx or whatever his name is 'leaks' (inspecting game code, I think) and then iCrazyEddy made a youtube video about it.

Hoping it's soon, but not holding my breath for 8 days away. I feel like Rockstar would have announced it by now if the much awaited for heists feature were available by Christmas. Surely it would spur some sales.

Mistel

Banned
And I had no idea the Bison was a van and fit 6 people.

personally, I like my Granger (Bison is probably faster to tell the truth. I just like my granger anyways). Fits 6 too (two just have to hang off the side).
That's what it's always been classified as, a granger is a smidgen faster than a bison.

MisterNoisy

Assuming the heist rumor pans out, I think I'll stick with my Huntley S as my go-to transport. Seats 4, good mobile cover with just enough height, handles well and it's pretty quick.

Ted

Can't own one it's not exactly a great van plus as you've experience it's not easy to get. Bison is faster, can be owned, be upgraded, and fits more makes it the better investment than a speedo.

The Speedo can be owned (insurance added) but cannot be modded (at least not legitimately in game).

Here's mine:

kx_7rDZ26E-YxCZ9PPX0jw_0_0.jpg

It's not fast but it is cool for doing jobs in. Two in the back able to use assault rifles from the rear doors is great.

There are a couple of rare spawns on the map (usually silver) but there is easy way to get a black one.

Do the mission Potshot. Steal the van from the weed farm (which is a Speedo but can't be stored) but then instead of delivering it to Trevor take it to Grapeseed and follow Grapeseed Main Street out to the back of town and on the road indicated on the map below you'll find a white run down supermarket. Outside of this store, directly next to a gas tank, will be a black Speedo every single time.

ivpUSErZNYSir.jpg

waypoetic

Banned
I decided to try and get the sheriff Granger instead but contrary to the how-to video i saw on YouTube you can't drive it in to LSC. I'm pretty far from my garage so i don't know if i can store it, but i guess Rockstar patched it and now you can't "exploit" it.

B4-ox9bIcAAOHj8.jpg

B4-rWWpIIAA4B81.jpg

EDIT: Tried storing it but nope..

Oh man. Heist info now up on R* site....it's all official...and incredible looking!! Time for even more money manking before this update...I'm sure everything coming out will wipe out everyone's bank accounts in no time flat!

What are the best things to invest money in? I have about 1.1 million and haven't really purchased anything. If you aren't given a crappy garage, I must have purchased one of them.

I'm only level 12, so just didn't know what things would be beneficial to buy now to have in the future. I'm assuming a house with a big garage.

Seems like we're getting non-combat outfit gloves! Woo!
Heists are awesome, but I also can't wait for all the little things too! New gloves?! HELL YES! More clothing too, bring it!
What are the best things to invest money in? I have about 1.1 million and haven't really purchased anything. If you aren't given a crappy garage, I must have purchased one of them.

I'm only level 12, so just didn't know what things would be beneficial to buy now to have in the future. I'm assuming a house with a big garage.
If you have a Social Club account, you get a free crappy garage. For upgrading, I recommend at least a 10 car garage, but really a 10 car WITH an apartment will save you money in the long run. For heists, you need a "planning room" which is in the upscale apartments. I think the cheapest is around 200k. Not sure if other living places have the planning room, but the cheapest 10 car apartment is the best bet in my eyes since you'll eventually fill that garage up, and want more space :D

Otherwise, I recommend a Buzzard attack heli, for missions, and a great 4 door car. There have been great suggestions in here for a four door car, and I recommend a Sultan or a Sandking. For fast cars, I say start with Sports class cars, then eventually upgrade to a super. Sports are cheaper up front, cheaper to mod, cheaper to replace if it get's destroyed. But almost just as fast as supers, top end wise.

waypoetic

Banned
Asked Rockstar on Twitter about being able to use personal vehicles during Heists and they said "no comment" basically. I just need to know if i gotta sell some trucks i got stored for Heist-missions :p

"We have not released any information about that. Official updates will be posted on: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire . *MCM"

I mentioned this in the heist thread, but now I'm curious. Does anyone play this in first person with free aim? If so, any tips? I really like playing that way but on co-op missions I seem to get popped any time I look from cover to see where the enemies are, or when I'm aiming.

Oni Jazar

I mentioned this in the heist thread, but now I'm curious. Does anyone play this in first person with free aim? If so, any tips? I really like playing that way but on co-op missions I seem to get popped any time I look from cover to see where the enemies are, or when I'm aiming.

You and me both. Blind fire works great but that's only when they are close enough.

Heists are awesome, but I also can't wait for all the little things too! New gloves?! HELL YES! More clothing too, bring it!

If you have a Social Club account, you get a free crappy garage. For upgrading, I recommend at least a 10 car garage, but really a 10 car WITH an apartment will save you money in the long run. For heists, you need a "planning room" which is in the upscale apartments. I think the cheapest is around 200k. Not sure if other living places have the planning room, but the cheapest 10 car apartment is the best bet in my eyes since you'll eventually fill that garage up, and want more space :D

Otherwise, I recommend a Buzzard attack heli, for missions, and a great 4 door car. There have been great suggestions in here for a four door car, and I recommend a Sultan or a Sandking. For fast cars, I say start with Sports class cars, then eventually upgrade to a super. Sports are cheaper up front, cheaper to mod, cheaper to replace if it get's destroyed. But almost just as fast as supers, top end wise.

You rock.

Top Bottom