• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

I mentioned this in the heist thread, but now I'm curious. Does anyone play this in first person with free aim? If so, any tips? I really like playing that way but on co-op missions I seem to get popped any time I look from cover to see where the enemies are, or when I'm aiming.
I do all the time, but for cover, I *have* to use third person cover. The aimbot the AI has is too l337 for me, I can't keep with their w4llh4x. Glad there is an option for the auto camera switch!
I'm on PS4 and looking for people to play GTA Online with add me djblue_89
Go to the R* Social Club, and send me a freind request - it's BaronVonBeans there - and I'll add you in the PS4 crew.

Also - for anyone I *still* haven't added - I think I've gotten everyone that's applied, however it was done. The PSN requests are the hardest to do, but I think I got all those also. If I have missed ANYONE, please send me a message and we will correct that :D

Ted

Baron has already answered but for comprehensiveness at the top of the page:

I'm on PS4 and looking for people to play GTA Online with add me djblue_89

From the OP:

iZhMDlU36M9cU.gif

Crew information can be found at the Rockstar Social Club site, playing with a crew and/or friends makes GTA Online even better, so get it to it! Below are details of GAF related GTA V crews:

Playstation Platforms:
Gaming Age Family (NGAF) - Contact: BaronVonBeans (R* Social Club) / Baron Von Beans (GAF)
Events Planned: Currently None

It is also worth adding the PSN account GTAGAF.

This friends of friends list can be used to either add friends directly, check who is online or simply cross reference names to ensure you accept invites from GAF members.

igZhpfKeJDvWP.gif

XBox Platforms:
Please see this thread for sign ups for an XB1 crew.

Op, can you add this link to the OT for Gaf crew invites/signups. Going to create the crew this weekend.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=940078

Cross Platforms:
BritGAF (BGAF) - Contact: Unknown
Events Planned: Unknown

Ted

The other GAF crew

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/neogang/gtav

wow I'm still number one for both PS3 and 360

I think we broadly decided this had now outlived its usefulness.

Multiple crews were implemented due to the member limit which has since been revised upwards so to me it makes sense to bring everything under the same banner. The Gaming Age Family crew was used as Baron is still active and able to manage the crew.

If you or indeed anyone disagrees I'll add it to the OP. :)

Ted, get on dat title

On request the kindly Mr. Bish has taken care of it. Thanks Bish.

Ted

I'm still holding out that the Moonbeam will make it's triumphant return someday....

That was one badass van if I remember..

That was more a family van though so knowing R* it would end up being like the disappointing Youga. Even when you panel that not-so-bad-boy you still can't get in the back.

Legit mods for the Speedo and Burrito are what I really want. An armoured Speedo in black on some nice rims... hubba hubba.

Let's DO THIS!

I'll be no more than thirty minutes.

That was more a family van though so knowing R* it would end up being like the disappointing Youga. Even when you panel that not-so-bad-boy you still can't get in the back.

Legit mods for the Speedo and Burrito are what I really want. An armoured Speedo in black on some nice rims... hubba hubba.
Yea, it was family style, but maaaan that thing has some great powersliding potential. I loved it. Sadly I need to bite the bullet on my next purchase, though I am holding off cause of the next update potentially coming out soonish...but I have had this "on deck" for a little bit. Been holding off though, due to the potential update, and now I think I will be holding out even longer!

I think we broadly decided this had now outlived its usefulness.

Multiple crews were implemented due to the member limit which has since been revised upwards so to me it makes sense to bring everything under the same banner. The Gaming Age Family crew was used as Baron is still active and able to manage the crew.

If you or indeed anyone disagrees I'll add it to the OP. :)

There are more people in that crew than the other. I think its the original crew too. I don't know how many are active, and I'm only a representative in rank. It wouldn't hurt to add it.

Ted

Xbox One GAF Crew

Pretty dead outlook on the 360 crew(s). We've got heists coming up; no better time to begin networking than now.

If anybody can make a better emblem than the makeshift one I just put up, that'd be great:

I've added this to the OP. I've added your name as contact, do you mind if I link to your GAF profile and R* username?

Thats the 360 crew , Founded Aug 28, 2013

PSN crew , Founded Aug 28, 2013
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/gaming_age_family

they were made when the original got to full I believe.

Founded May 9, 2012
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/neogang/gtav

I think the limit is 1000 members now.

You can have up to five crews to select from in your profile.

I've also added this. Can I add you as contact?

Thanks guys.

Great games tonight guys!

Yep, good fun all.

Tigress

I mentioned this in the heist thread, but now I'm curious. Does anyone play this in first person with free aim? If so, any tips? I really like playing that way but on co-op missions I seem to get popped any time I look from cover to see where the enemies are, or when I'm aiming.

I do.... even though Baron is right, the way they do cover is not very good for first person. I just can't get myself not to play first person unless I absolutely have to go third person (only time is when I need to pick something up or drop something off with the cargo bob)_.

I don't really have tips other than try to look first to see where they are and aim there,duck, and then go back up real quick (it should leave your aim right around where you last aimed rather than resetting it to some standard place. If it didn't reset my aim it wouldn't be a problem <- that's my huge issue with cover in first person. Also, the other issue is that it is more likely to glitch and not let you actually aim at all in certain spots. Third person does this too but not near as much and it's not near as finicky about whether it will do it or not).

Did loading get slower 0_o holy shit at the time it takes for me to A) log on B) quit after a match , boggles my mind since it's digital x I have a decent connection

So when trying to do mp the first week, it was a mess. Couldn't get through a mission without all 3 people disconnecting from each other. Is it stable now? (PS4)

Maligna

Banned
Noticed two things while playing last night.

1. You can't ride the roller coaster in first person mode. What a waste!

2. Put a bikini on my female character and went for a stroll on the breach. Noticed other females had slight jiggle physics, while my character has a chest like a marble statue.

Also, if anyone wants to play sometime my PSNid is Noirsombra.

Man, great games last night! Doing missions with 5, 6 gaffers was AWESOME! Can't say I have ever done those missions with that large of a crew. Really was awesome.

On a side note, I am going to be doing some experimenting, but I would like to plan SOME type of outing. I found.."something"...that requires 6 people at least, if not more. Once I get some details and things finalized, I'll post here to try to get something planned.
Btw, is there any way you can have the voice chat be recorded?
I don't think so...maybe if you stream the game, and include the mic, and then check out the archives? I have *no* idea though, this is just me spitballin ideas...
Great vid. I keep meaning to go back, and clip out the things that happen online...but....I always end up just playing more Online instead o_O

Tigress

:(

they should just make them stupid expensive instead of not allowing them at all

I kinda want to own a carrier but I'll settle for that huge boat we seen in single player

No, they shouldn't allow people to buy them... the lazer is already powerful enough and the don't allow it and I'm glad. But, like the lazer you should be able to steal it if you want to try.

It just shouldn't be so easy to get as just calling pegasus and getting it. And you know if they allow people to buy soon as a glitch is found to make money all those who like to take advantage of glitches (which includes every single person who likes to grief people) will have one.

Pennybags

Man, great games last night! Doing missions with 5, 6 gaffers was AWESOME! Can't say I have ever done those missions with that large of a crew. Really was awesome.

On a side note, I am going to be doing some experimenting, but I would like to plan SOME type of outing. I found.."something"...that requires 6 people at least, if not more. Once I get some details and things finalized, I'll post here to try to get something planned.

On the Xbox side, we're at an 11-sized crew at the moment, which isn't bad for something hastily thrown together a day ago, but this is the kind of thing I'd like to see once there can be enough people to have a group online simultaneously. Planning and organizing to bring people together isn't a skill I've exercised before, but I'd be willing to give it a shot for scheduled play every now and then.

For anyone playing the XB1 version or about to, I'm online now. Also feel free to add me, as I'm up for anything.

GT: Pennybaggs

Ted

Good games again yesterday folks. Enjoyed.

You couldn't edit out my near fail with the helicopter :p Fun game guys. I will be on later tonight if anybody wants to do some missions.

The voice chat at this point was great, the sound of a near miss is always funny!

Top Bottom