• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

I applied as "Humpski" not sure if I got in or not. Can you be in more than one crew at a time? I'm already in one, so do I have to leave it before I can get in the GAF crew?
I just went through a good amount of requests this morning, I remember adding you up. Welcome aboard!
Hi guys! Just purchased GTA 5 on PS4 and my friend waypoetic has been telling me to get on Gaf and join the fun times ever since. I'm currently on a pretty much non existent level but I guess those things tend to work themselves out in due time!
That they do! Welcome to Gaf, and a prewelcome to the crew! Go to the R* Social Club page (& create an account if you don't have one), and then send me a message or FR on there. My name there is BaronVonBeans, and I'll get you added to the PS4 Crew.
Hmmm yeah switching to passive mode ain't a bad idea.
Heck yea, especially now that you are now safe in vehicles! So now you can fly your planes in peace from rampaging Lazers, deliver cars to Simeon (need to test High Priority Vehicles!) without the fear of a random knob coming by and shooting you for the lulz, cruise the boulevard on your ten speed in peace and more!! It's a great upgrade from last gen, for sure.

The gingerbread mask is hilarious. XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qeSnhAqMj4

15864204888_d5b562fb9d_o.jpg

16050967422_a5c6225579_o.jpg

Keep in mind you can't go in and out of passive while in the air. You have to be grounded for the interaction menu to work.

Anyway just got a special crate drop with $5k, 5k RP, a mini gun with full ammo (I'm level 62), and a special shirt unlock. Pretty sweet.

Too bad my tattoos glitch over the shirt. Really hope they fix that some day.

What are the best settings for controls? I turned the deadzone off and the controls are more responsive. Not sure what to do with look acceleration.

Tigress

While it definitely does suck for us flying lovers...the only solution I can think of is Passive Mode...

Yeah. That will work for the non jet. Unfortunately I need my guns for a chance at getting the laser and you can't change passive mode in the air. I guess it's fair but it may stop me going after jets as I usually die 10
Times to get one and it may just be too frustrating if I finally get one and a player decides to go after me.

Mistel

Banned
Yeah. That will work for the non jet. Unfortunately I need my guns for a chance at getting the laser and you can't change passive mode in the air. I guess it's fair but it may stop me going after jets as I usually die 10
Times to get one and it may just be too frustrating if I finally get one and a player decides to go after me.
It has a finite range you could just climb straight up or just not fly that low, if it's anything like the npc lazer missiles it shouldn't be hard to dodge at all.

Saganator

Curious if the 250k challenge races made it through the latest update? Searched the thread for "250k" and no one has mentioned it for a couple weeks.

todahawk

Nope! R* seems to be slowly unrolling out ALLLL the stops for Online from last gen. I have seen a few crate drops here and there on PS4 version. Occasionally, you'll see a message for a SUPER SPECIAL Crate Drop...those have the good rare clothing items in it. Usually you will know when they are coming. Also, the "flare" smoke will be gold, instead of green, at the landing location.

While I am saddened we can't fly like we used to...there is a slight bit of hope..Passive mode! Let them waste expensive ammo all day long.

Why's that? Don't let the homing missiles deter you! Passive that snit up, or practice dodging, either way is bound to be a little fun... Course, I could be totally wrong, and its something totally unrelated.

great idea, completely forgot about passive mode!

Is the Christmas stuff temporary?
Not sure but I have still have the 4th of july items in my inventory and that was supposed to be temporary or limited time or whatever.

Ted

Do you have to be a certain rank to use the homing launcher? And is it temporary?

Do the special festive vehicles go away after the event is over? No point in me buying the 40,000 truck if it'll disappear on me.

The missile launcher and prox mines are permanent, as are the vehicles. The outfits and masks you can buy and equip until early January (until the 5th).

If the fireworks launcher works like the July 4th one you can buy it and ammo until 5th Jan and after that it will stay in your inventory but you won't be able to buy any more ammo when you are out. I still have 11 fireworks left for the launcher from July but I'm pleased to know I can use them up now and restock at Christmas.

The missile launcher and prox mines are permanent, as are the vehicles. The outfits and masks you can buy and equip until early January (until the 5th).

If the fireworks launcher works like the July 4th one you can buy it and ammo until 5th Jan and after that it will stay in your inventory but you won't be able to buy any more ammo when you are out. I still have 11 fireworks left for the launcher from July but I'm pleased to know I can use them up now and restock at Christmas.

I couldn't find the proximity mines at the gun store, are they only attainable from crate drops?

gioGAF

If possible, please add me to the GAF GTA 5 Crew. I'm on PS4, PSN: Akuma_818

I have sent a pm to Baron Von Beans and sent a request via Rockstar Social Club. I would really like to have a good group to play with since regular open lobbies are filled with mostly atrocious individuals.

Thanks!

JRod2100

Neo Member
Just applied to the main Gaf crew. GT: JRod2100, I'm on X1 so applied to that one as well. Spent some time with the 360 version, but back for more on X1.

Aww. But I usually am using the jet just to have fun buzzing people (not blowing them up) with and the copters for getting to crates or robbing stores.

I'm kinda upset about this cause now people will shoot me flying around cause they can. Bad enough when there was a laser in the game when I had a plane or copter, now everyone on the ground is going to be shooting at me.
Tigress of course I wouldn't go after you. I am excited as a ground guy since I can finally defend myself properly against jet and copter trolls though.

Vorheez

Hey guys I posted this in the other thread but maybe one of you guys could help me

I'm finding the sliders a little confusing, what should I set them at for the biggest improvement? I have my deadzone at zero, but what about acceleration?

Hey guys I posted this in the other thread but maybe one of you guys could help me

I'm finding the sliders a little confusing, what should I set them at for the biggest improvement? I have my deadzone at zero, but what about acceleration?

Try setting the acceleration to max, or close to max. Then just tweak your aiming sensitivity until you find the setting that feels right.

analog sticks lean? don't know what that means so I will set it to like 1% and see if that feels playable for me. Thanks info.

Lean is when they don't go back to the center properly and "lean" away a bit. For example, my Xbox controller is worn from use so the analogs wobble a little bit. If you had no deadzone, then any movement, including the unintended lean, would make the camera move. Just fiddle with what works but keep it as low as you can.

Volcynika

I sent a request to join the GAF crew but haven't had a chance to send a PM to Baron Von Beans. Will try to remember to do that if I'm not in yet!

Glad to see more new faces popping up, will be getting to all the recent applicants here very very soon.
Edit:All recent applicants that sent me notifications are in! As I've said before, if you or anyone you know have applied and haven't heard anything, please PM me. I see more blank crew requests, with no notification with them. Just checkin!
Keep in mind you can't go in and out of passive while in the air. You have to be grounded for the interaction menu to work.
and you can't change passive mode in the air.
I've got good news for you both....

...you can do it in the air now!
I still have 11 fireworks left for the launcher from July but I'm pleased to know I can use them up now and restock at Christmas.
Same! I used some of my ground fireworks to celebrate the PS4 release, with a little launcher fanfare. But now...! Will be used freely until the last day, for the restocking and hoarding of them again...myyy preciiouuuss.......
Tigress of course I wouldn't go after you. I am excited as a ground guy since I can finally defend myself properly against jet and copter trolls though.
Whaddya talkin about? We've had a great anti aircraft weapon available for a while now! The heavy sniper rifle has been available since launch :p

Whaddya talkin about? We've had a great anti aircraft weapon available for a while now! The heavy sniper rifle has been available since launch :p

with the sniper vs jet beating the jet is a seriously low ratio. A good pilot can dodge the homing as well. Just had a homing vs jet battle and I couldn't get the jet but he couldn't get me neither because he was scared to fly to close. Already loving the homing, its the closest thing to auto aim I will touch and its for taking out those pesky troll pilots. Free Aim for life.

rubex75

Banned
That they do! Welcome to Gaf, and a prewelcome to the crew! Go to the R* Social Club page (& create an account if you don't have one), and then send me a message or FR on there. My name there is BaronVonBeans, and I'll get you added to the PS4 Crew.

Just sent you a message through Social Club. My username on there is Krypton_Xenon.

Tigress

I've got good news for you both....

...you can do it in the air now!

Mile high club >:) (sorry, I had to take that out of context).

Back on topic. Awesome.... they keep making passive mode better and better. Now if only they'd let me shoot NPCs in passive mode (cause NPCs can certainly shoot me when I'm in passive mode and I'd rather they fix that by letting me be lethal against NPCs in passive, just like I can hit their cars in passive, rather than making NPCs not be lethal to me).

If they did that, I'd never have a reason for invite only (or at least trying to make sure there are no PCs nearby when I go out of passive).

Yeah, but this means the trolls won't have to get a jet to try to shoot me down when I'm in the air (even if I'm not in a plane... people love using auto aim against planes... I can't say I blame them. I love going after police choppers myself and if there were NPC planes I'd go after those too). But, as Baron pointed out, there is now passive in planes.

It has a finite range you could just climb straight up or just not fly that low, if it's anything like the npc lazer missiles it shouldn't be hard to dodge at all.

LOL I don't think you understand how sucky I am ;). If a player decides to target me and is persistant, he will eventually get me (maybe even the first time). I mean I know how to dodge them but I will eventually make a fail and get hit (sometimes on the first try. At least one of the 10 x I try to get that plane that I fail I manage to get it but get shot down by a anti aircraft missile). The flying straight up method might work for me though (I try to dodge but sometimes I don't move drastically enough at the right time cause it does seem the best way to dodge is to move in a different direction right before it hits you. But i do think I'm getting better as I am realizing where I fail. Last time I failed I realized I wasn't moving drastically enough but going too mcuh still in a straight line. Hell, I've gotten to the point that with enough tries I can steal a lazer without help. Before I needed help and I still usually failed).

Tigress

Now I'm torn. I'll be tempted to do challenges to get stuff quicker but I know that once I run out of goals I'll lose interest (I have to have goals in a game. Even though I prefer open world I do like having some sort of goal that I eventually want to reach).|

Then again, I glitched all my SP characters to have max money and I'm still enjoying it, so maybe it's not so much in this game (but there is still story goals in SP and i notice I'm mostly doing missions now in SP. Actually, story goals are usually the best motivation for me).

Maybe I'll just use the challenges to get that monster truck. I don't really want to wait to get the jet and the monster truck (plus I gotta few cars I want and I do eventually want a Frogger Heli. The buzzard is nice for making easy money but the frogger I actually like flying. Best heli in the game. Too bad it doesn't have missiles *grin*).

Furyous

When does the update roll out to PS4? The proximity mine is accessible but the homing missile is not. What mission unlocks the homing missile? This is the first game where I take my sweet time making my way through it.

Top Bottom