• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

The Llama

I've just done 4 $250k challenges in a row (actually why I came into this thread, I thought they'd fixed it). So... do it now because I feel like they'll fix it again soon.

with the sniper vs jet beating the jet is a seriously low ratio. A good pilot can dodge the homing as well. Just had a homing vs jet battle and I couldn't get the jet but he couldn't get me neither because he was scared to fly to close. Already loving the homing, its the closest thing to auto aim I will touch and its for taking out those pesky troll pilots. Free Aim for life.
Haha, yea, planes are the sniper rifles true enemy. And buildings. My success rate of sniping a plane pilot is next to zero. Helicopters, on the other hand....like shooting fish in a barrel...I was also holding off on buying the homing launcher, but your experience seems like the perfect time for it.
Just sent you a message through Social Club. My username on there is Krypton_Xenon.
Killer, will get to it soon.
When does the update roll out to PS4? The proximity mine is accessible but the homing missile is not. What mission unlocks the homing missile? This is the first game where I take my sweet time making my way through it.
It's live, now! The weapons *should* already be in your inventory in Single Player. For Online, they are along the far right side of the wall o weapons, where the other DLC weapons are located.
Who's playing tonight?
I have to make a bunch of crap for a holiday party, and I have to be up at the buttcrack of dawn for work tomorrow, so I have to call it an early night, but I should be on for a tad.

Pardon my ignorance, but where do I go to do the easy 250k challenges?
You're good! Go to Online > Playlists > Challenges > R* Challenges I think...the payouts will be listed in the window that pops up on the right. Keep in mind...whatever the challenge is, you have to front that much money to even try it. Should you fail...you lose that money...

It's live, now! The weapons *should* already be in your inventory in Single Player. For Online, they are along the far right side of the wall o weapons, where the other DLC weapons are located.
Actually, DLC weapons on NG unlock only after a certain mission point. Not sure which one specifically though.

E92 M3

You're good! Go to Online > Playlists > Challenges > R* Challenges I think...the payouts will be listed in the window that pops up on the right. Keep in mind...whatever the challenge is, you have to front that much money to even try it. Should you fail...you lose that money...

I have no issues with fronting, but are they easy wins or should I prepare for something specific?

I ran into this last night on a crew invite only server.

Simeon Green car ---> I deliver it ---> 4mins later ---> Armored Truck ---> 4mins later ---> Simeon Green car

It cycles like that on a loop. I even destroyed the Simeon car and 4mins later Armored truck. Right now it's doing it again. So if anybody wants an invite for this. Give me a reply lol. I'm on PS4.

I have no issues with fronting, but are they easy wins or should I prepare for something specific?
The Criminal Records race with 3 or more minutes for 5 laps is the standard for this. However, I'm seeing a bunch of different ones today including "250k in 10s"... not sure if I would trust those. Maybe someone else can vouch for them.

E92 M3

The Criminal Records race with 3 or more minutes for 5 laps is the standard for this. However, I'm seeing a bunch of different ones today including "250k in 10s"... not sure if I would trust those. Maybe someone else can vouch for them.

Thank you, will look into it today.

The Llama

I did one, which was an air race. It was a point to point, and the target was very close. Can easily be done in 10-15 seconds, if you know where the target is (the one I did, it was below me, not straight ahead, so it took me 20-30 seconds to find it).

gioGAF

I would also like an explanation on how to do the 250K challenges (preferably in detail). Really hurting for cash these days :-(

waypoetic

Banned
Where's the fun in gunning people down - over and over again - in multiplayer? You don't get any XP, money or nothing for it.

Fuck open lobbies, i'm staying in my closed invite only session..

Doing these challenges. After I finish on both of my characters I will have about 8 million, not trying to have a reason to depend on heists for money but just for fun. I hope these are still up tomorrow so I can get to 10 million and just sit happily.

Mistel

Banned
Where's the fun in gunning people down - over and over again - in multiplayer? You don't get any XP, money or nothing for it.
Depending on the circumstances you can get all of those things from doing just that. You get shooting skill increases off kills you make along with money they can drop. There's also the weapon skins that people may want.

The Llama

Fuck open lobbies, i'm staying in my closed invite only session..

I love it, but I'm also a terrible person. It's great when you can tell you're making the other person really mad.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Such a noob at this, but I'm loving just doing robberies with my friend. The other day we finally got into actual "jobs" robbing cars for simeon and drug deliveries. We only were able to get to that since we were invited, how do I get to these otherwise? I tried calling simeon but it's locked. Also if I buy stuff, does that stuff get bought for my crew as well?

Such a noob at this, but I'm loving just doing robberies with my friend. The other day we finally got into actual "jobs" robbing cars for simeon and drug deliveries. We only were able to get to that since we were invited, how do I get to these otherwise? I tried calling simeon but it's locked. Also if I buy stuff, does that stuff get bought for my crew as well?

The Simeon cars are a thing that happen when you enter a lobby. There are two ways it can happen:

1 (most common) - He texts you at the start of a lobby with a list of cars he wants, and those cars start spawning. Delivering just one of the cars in the list completes it and deletes the text.

2 - Randomly, a green car icon will appear on the map. This is a priority car, and pays out more than the ones he wants from the method above. Delivering a priority car will get rid of the text.

Also, if you get in a car he wants, you get an instant 2 star wanted level, so bear that in mind because it's annoying as fuck when you aren't trying to do it.

No idea what the drug delivery thing is, sounds like an ordinary mission. As for buying stuff, it's every man for himself, nobody shares anything.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The Simeon cars are a thing that happen when you enter a lobby. There are two ways it can happen:

1 (most common) - He texts you at the start of a lobby with a list of cars he wants, and those cars start spawning. Delivering just one of the cars in the list completes it and deletes the text.

2 - Randomly, a green car icon will appear on the map. This is a priority car, and pays out more than the ones he wants from the method above. Delivering a priority car will get rid of the text.

Also, if you get in a car he wants, you get an instant 2 star wanted level, so bear that in mind because it's annoying as fuck when you aren't trying to do it.

No idea what the drug delivery thing is, sounds like an ordinary mission. As for buying stuff, it's every man for himself, nobody shares anything.

I'm noob to the point where I don't even know how to start those vote lobbies. The "jobs" my friend and I were doing up to that point were robbing convenience stores and stuff lol.

Tigress

I love it, but I'm also a terrible person. It's great when you can tell you're making the other person really mad.

And this is the reason I mostly stay in passive mode. Or just leave the server if I encounter some one whose whole enjoyment is just pissing me off. I don't really care for playing with people whose enjoyment is making me not enjoy the game. And honestly, I would support Rockstar allowing people who have been killed so many times in a row (without getting killed back by the person) by the same person to be allowed to have them kicked off the server (or put into bad sport even).

I know, you're going to say that could be abused. But the way I look at it is if the people who are fighting are friends and it is mutual fun, they aren't going to vote to have the person removed (and if your friend does, get better friends ;) ). Otherwise, it forces people to consider if they want to keep going after one person if that person truly is wanting to fight them or if that person wants to be left alone and will kick them off if they continue to persue them (basically it forces them to consider if the person is mutually wanting to get in a firefight). Or, is an asshole who will do it just to troll them back (and honestly, if some one's fun is making other people not have fun, I'm not going to cry if that person encounters some one else like them).

But, I know that isn't happening so I just leave the server if I encounter some one whose making my fun not be fun. There's no point in getting antagonized as it's only doing what they want anyways and sadly, I know I'm not going to be that person who was the wrong person to mess with (though I so wish I could be cause I would find that fun *grin*).

The Llama

And this is the reason I mostly stay in passive mode. Or just leave the server if I encounter some one whose whole enjoyment is just pissing me off. I don't really care for playing with people whose enjoyment is making me not enjoy the game. And honestly, I would support Rockstar allowing people who have been killed so many times in a row (without getting killed back by the person) by the same person to be allowed to have them kicked off the server (or put into bad sport even).

I know, you're going to say that could be abused. But the way I look at it is if the people who are fighting are friends and it is mutual fun, they aren't going to vote to have the person removed (and if your friend does, get better friends ;) ). Otherwise, it forces people to consider if they want to keep going after one person if that person truly is wanting to fight them or if that person wants to be left alone and will kick them off if they continue to persue them (basically it forces them to consider if the person is mutually wanting to get in a firefight). Or, is an asshole who will do it just to troll them back (and honestly, if some one's fun is making other people not have fun, I'm not going to cry if that person encounters some one else like them).

But, I know that isn't happening so I just leave the server if I encounter some one whose making my fun not be fun. There's no point in getting antagonized as it's only doing what they want anyways and sadly, I know I'm not going to be that person who was the wrong person to mess with (though I so wish I could be cause I would find that fun *grin*).

I mean, at least personally I'm not the type to just harass the same people over and over unless they're fighting back. A lot of the enjoyment I get is basically finding someone and we'll end up following each other around for 10-15 minutes just battling each other and trying to kill each other. It's pretty great, especially when others try to get involved XD.

But seriously, what else are ya supposed to do in free roam mode?! I feel like half the point is to kill other people and cause general mayhem. I don't get people who are offended that people are trying to kill you in free roam, its much of the point!

having the buzzard in any missions online is game breaker lol it's amazingly fun too to cover friend on the ground, clear the zone, let them steal the boat/car/coke and cover them from the air by blowing up any enemies vehicules coming for them

GQman2121

Banned
Is everyone in our crew playing with Free Aim controls? I want to join up, but I'm continually told that the targeting mode is different than what I'm using, so I just stay put.

Finally played a 20+ free aim lobby last night though. The game modes are really good when there's enough people playing.

MisterNoisy

Heh. I created a second toon just for four more swings at the 250k challenges. Hopefully they don't patch it out too quickly - I've got ten more garage slots to fill.

Go home, put a bounty on the head of the player that annoying you and relax yourself watching him trying escape from the other players

Tigress

I mean, at least personally I'm not the type to just harass the same people over and over unless they're fighting back. A lot of the enjoyment I get is basically finding someone and we'll end up following each other around for 10-15 minutes just battling each other and trying to kill each other. It's pretty great, especially when others try to get involved XD.

But seriously, what else are ya supposed to do in free roam mode?! I feel like half the point is to kill other people and cause general mayhem. I don't get people who are offended that people are trying to kill you in free roam, its much of the point!

I get offended when I'm not fighting back and making a point of showing I'm not interested (So it sounds like I wouldn't have an issue with you. It's the people that keep going after me when I make it a point to run away and not fight back that piss me off). And keep in mind this is an open world game and different people will have ways of having different fun with it. I'd rather help people get away from the cops or rampage against them then fight the players in general. Even if I'm doing a war against players Id rather do something like a manhunt where we agree to rules like turning off the minimap so we can't see where each other are and turning off names above players so we can attempt stealth moves like blending in with the NPCs. Or doing stuff like having some one at "damsel", a group play kidnappers, and another rescue group (minimap off again ;) ). I just don't get into the random gunfights tbh. If I wanted only that I'd play an FPS ;).
Go home, put a bounty on the head of the player that annoying you and relax yourself watching him trying escape from the other players
That's a waste of money. Ever notice most people leave the server when they get a bounty? I am willing to bet they are going to go to an invite only server to serve the wait time so they can keep it.

After the race, I think you rob a store, grab and insure a car, and I think there was a eight-player team deathmatch. After that it should drop you into freeroam.

How can I tell if I'm in free roam? Like I can go l around the map but I don't see any other players around unless I go into specific matches or races. I thought there was an open area with people just running around.

Sorry I'm new to this completely.

Large group of us playing. Bout 7 of us in a lobby, felix is hosting. Join up!
How can I tell if I'm in free roam? Like I can go l around the map but I don't see any other players around unless I go into specific matches or races. I thought there was an open area with people just running around.

Sorry I'm new to this completely.
Press down on the Dpad twice, or a few times. It will show a list of everyone in the room. Also, heck the map and zoom out, you will see other people as white-red dots. We have a room going if Ya wanna join, too!

psn

I'm noob to the point where I don't even know how to start those vote lobbies. The "jobs" my friend and I were doing up to that point were robbing convenience stores and stuff lol.

You can just press the options button (ps4, all other consoles: start) and go to the online tab. Click on "Jobs" and host a job from rockstar. This is the easiest way to start a mission until you finally unlock simeon gerald etc.

Portugeezer

Large group of us playing. Bout 7 of us in a lobby, felix is hosting. Join up!

Press down on the Dpad twice, or a few times. It will show a list of everyone in the room. Also, heck the map and zoom out, you will see other people as white-red dots. We have a room going if Ya wanna join, too!

I should check this thread more often.

I'm assuming we all will coordinate heists here when they are released since it will cost the heist host money to do it and I trust gaf people.

Anyone else having issues connecting right now? Rockstar game services down and all that
I just quit, and it was failing to save before I did. I didn't do anything that required saving, but still, there seems time a little hitch going on right meow.

Good games though! Was good fun, as always. Glad to see more and more people out and about.

I can't connect to online, and when I try to play story mode it freezes and I have to close the app from the home screen. PS4. Not sure what to do!

Edit: let it sit there for 5 minutes and it unfroze. Weird! Noticed it set all my controls back to default though.

Top Bottom