• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

The Llama

I love having a third garage, 24 cars and counting.

Hunting for rare NPC cars.

Damn, I have like 3 cars and 2 motorcycles and I'm not sure what else I need! Maybe if I build up enough $$$ I'll feel comfortable buying random stuff but I "only" have ~$1m or so, so I'm not sure what else to get.

psn

Still not able to save.. Rockstar ffs, I want to go to sleep...

Edit: Servers are up again. And they deleted the latest 250k challenges...

Damn, I have like 3 cars and 2 motorcycles and I'm not sure what else I need! Maybe if I build up enough $$$ I'll feel comfortable buying random stuff but I "only" have ~$1m or so, so I'm not sure what else to get.

My collection of cars is worth millions it makes up for my incredibly small penis.

Is there a known bug with matching people and their aiming mode? My friend and I both set it to "free aim - assisted" in single player. When I join his Online session though, it tells me I have to change my aiming mode and it puts me on full free aim. He doubled checked, and while were were both in the same session, I was on "free aim" and he was on "free aim - assisted". When I quit back to single player, I saw a message that said, "aiming mode reverted to free aim - assisted."

Does the game maybe force higher level players to play with less auto-aim if they join in with lower levels? He's level 32 and I'm 56.

I love having a third garage, 24 cars and counting.

Hunting for rare NPC cars.
That's a great idea. Once I fulfill my car buying fantasies...I may just do the same. Can't think of much else I'd like to stock up on, aside from gang cars. I'm sure inspiration will hit me at some point though.

Now I want high end homes...like Franklin's...except with a car hole that holds ten cars....
Is there a known bug with matching people and their aiming mode? My friend and I both set it to "free aim - assisted" in single player. When I join his Online session though, it tells me I have to change my aiming mode and it puts me on full free aim. He doubled checked, and while were were both in the same session, I was on "free aim" and he was on "free aim - assisted". When I quit back to single player, I saw a message that said, "aiming mode reverted to free aim - assisted."

Does the game maybe force higher level players to play with less auto-aim if they join in with lower levels? He's level 32 and I'm 56.
That is the first I have heard of this, combining aiming sessions. I could kind of see joining the full on aiming mode with their respective "partial" setting too, but then again it does kind of cheapen things for the full free aimers :(

Ted

Apologies to the GAF'ricans that invited me to missions, free roams, races and parties last night that I either missed or skipped.

We had *ahem* a few drinks after work last night to celebrate Christmas and by the time I got home I was way too lashed to be anything other than a pain in the arse and a huge liability to anyone playing with me.

In that state randoms are the only correct people to play with so I spent yhe evening falling off things, crashing and setting fire to myself in other peoples games. :)

I don't think it is a deliberate game decision but don't know for sure.

I have heard vaguely of a few possibly exploitable glitches that could result in a player having aim assist in a free roam session but I've not experimented to confirm it.

It's probably a bug but if you continue to experience it post again, I'm curious.

Tigress

Still not able to save.. Rockstar ffs, I want to go to sleep...

Edit: Servers are up again. And they deleted the latest 250k challenges...

Deleted or they got spammed off? I've noticed it will only show me the recent ones and sometimes none are 250k (happened a few times today where I had to wait for some one to add one. And yes, I caved).

The controls have been vastly improved, it not longer feels like it's lag and makes Shooting in FP way better. I'm happy for this update :)

jay23

I did a 250k challenge yesterday, but it disappeared after 1 run. I wonder if bookmarking it would allow me to run it over and over again.

Also when is the snow supposed to drop? I read something about having snowball fights.

I did a 250k challenge yesterday, but it disappeared after 1 run. I wonder if bookmarking it would allow me to run it over and over again.

Also when is the snow supposed to drop? I read something about having snowball fights.
Don't have the game till next week but I think it may be only on certain areas? The screenshot of snow showed it was on some sort of a mountain.

Does one have to be very good to win these challenges?

How many people use ADS regularly? I've found a lot more success not using ADS normally and using just the regular slight zoom-in aiming mode, and using ADS for precision shots. Am I weird?

Playing with caffe_inne now. Who are you? :)
I'm horribly late on this, but I am putting together some sort of doc so we can all access it, and cross reference PSN names to Gaf names to Social Club names. Not everyone in the crew posts here, let alone comes here. I know we have some strays in the crew too (non gaffers...don't mutiny on me, it was an honest mistake, I swear!!). With a 1k crew limit...I'd not that pressed to boot them. Now, if the 300 limit was still in effect, I'd be singing a totally different tune..

waypoetic

Banned
Too many of you are using assisted aim :/

EDIT: Ted, you on tonight? I'm gonna go the store and get something to snack on but i'm down for some GAF-sessions tonight

Too many of you are using assisted aim :/

EDIT: Ted, you on tonight? I'm gonna go the store and get something to snack on but i'm down for some GAF-sessions tonight
One complaint I have is that it seems now, if you join a friends lobby where it changes your aim settings, it doesn't auto revert back to your original settings once you quit. I've had to reload a crew session several several times now because I was left on assisted aim from joining a friends room :\

dork

Banned
i still don't know what Im' doing online. I launched it once and just heard people yelling. Then i found a mission starter? And nothing happened? How do you actually play the game online lol? Note: i don't want to do racing missions, i want to shoot fools.

Renta

Banned
i still don't know what Im' doing online. I launched it once and just heard people yelling. Then i found a mission starter? And nothing happened? How do you actually play the game online lol? Note: i don't want to do racing missions, i want to shoot fools.

There are so many penalties you can get from shooting fools, so it's all super discouraging now in free roam. And deathmatches are usually a wasteland for me unless I'm playing with friends (This is free-aim, btw).

Kind of wish they'd do a "chaos mode" for a day or two where nothing is gained nor loss in free roam. Everything is free, no bad sports, no mental states, and maybe no cops.

I'm horribly late on this, but I am putting together some sort of doc so we can all access it, and cross reference PSN names to Gaf names to Social Club names. Not everyone in the crew posts here, let alone comes here. I know we have some strays in the crew too (non gaffers...don't mutiny on me, it was an honest mistake, I swear!!). With a 1k crew limit...I'd not that pressed to boot them. Now, if the 300 limit was still in effect, I'd be singing a totally different tune..

Ah cool. First game I went afk to pour a drink and the second everyone dc'd (I'm guessing I dc'd). I wanted to say sorry. I was having a loaf of fun. I'm too drunk to play that game now. Stupid crew achievement didn't unlock for me.

I'm sure psn is the reason behind trophies not unlocking. It does it in dragon age too.

dork

Banned
There are so many penalties you can get from shooting fools, so it's all super discouraging now in free roam. And deathmatches are usually a wasteland for me unless I'm playing with friends (This is free-aim, btw).

Kind of wish they'd do a "chaos mode" for a day or two where nothing is gained nor loss in free roam. Everything is free, no bad sports, no mental states, and maybe no cops.

Yeah i didnt wanna kill anyone in freeroam. I thought there was an actual mode to play...i dont enjoy racing so thought there was other stuff.

Grinchy

Banned
Is everyone in our crew playing with Free Aim controls? I want to join up, but I'm continually told that the targeting mode is different than what I'm using, so I just stay put.

Finally played a 20+ free aim lobby last night though. The game modes are really good when there's enough people playing.

I remember on PS3 I always wanted to do free aim lobbies. I liked the idea of people having to actually aim at me while I was driving my car.

But when it comes to missions, I think free aim is just too bad for how accurate you need to be. There is just so much input lag. I've gone back to just locking onto everything like a scrub.

NomadX

Neo Member
Any active players willing to take a newbie on in their crew? My christmas wish is to extend the life of GTA V for me.

PSN: Nomadx80

I dream of playing a 30 player race someday. Matchmaking makes it impossible and we should try to set something up.

so the game is still broken. As far as I see every site needs to go back and change there reviews. If people think rdr2 wont be the same mess, they are crazy. I won't buy another one of there games till they fix gta 5.

My ps4 name is TJ-S-G. If u feel like adding me. I'll play cod aw and this most late nights. I'm on the west cost.

Tigress

We're four guys playing and we keep inviting a bunch of other GAFers but no one accepts

I was too busy trying to do the Titan job on my own and succeeded but not without a lot of fuckery at the end when I landed past the runway and tried to maneuver a large Titan around telephone poles and other stuff roll it back on the runway.

Now I'm waiting for a special crate to drop so I can lose it to some other player. Is there anything unique that wasn't from a previous weekend special in them?

And now that I'm waiting for a special crate Martin finally invited me to trash talk.

What are the penalties for shooting people? Getting a wanted level?

Juice

Who manages GAF STREET (GFST) on PS4? Trying to join but I need them to approve.

Or is there a more official PS4 crew that will have me?

My PSN is SirJuiceALot

Tigress

Public service announcement. When delivering a plane on a mission you can make the most perfect landing ever but it won't matter if you don't notive your landing gear is up. Bonus if the landing is so perfect you probably could have coasted to the delivery point if you hadn't started to brake hard before you noticed your gear was up. This will be heartbreaking when you are a few car lengths from your goal but you still fail.

Public service announcement. When delivering a plane on a mission you can make the most perfect landing ever but it won't matter if you don't notive your landing gear is up. Bonus if the landing is so perfect you probably could have coasted to the delivery point if you hadn't started to brake hard before you noticed your gear was up. This will be heartbreaking when you are a few car lengths from your goal but you still fail.

Is this your way of telling us you dive bombed the ground in a Titan?

Top Bottom