• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Tigress

Is this your way of telling us you dive bombed the ground in a Titan?

No no no no... I made the picture perfect landing. By the book, exactly how a pilot does it. I even lined up with the runway perfectly and touched down at the end of it and had plenty of space. Sure, the plane was leaning for some odd reason but it's GTA and maybe it was just touchy and thought I landed a little crooked... and it won't control... better keep on that brake... oooooh, I left the gear up.. Crap, it won't let me put it down afterwords (hey, I don't expect realism in GTA ;) ). And, oh, crap, if I hadn't slowed down so much I could have coasted to the yellow spot. No, don't stop now!!!! You're so close... oh, come on, those engines can pull you scraping on your belly just a few more feet, right? Oh, come on, please? Oh, I'll get out of the plane, maybe it'll acknowledge it as a win. Nope, wants me to steal it now. Get back in, game realizes I'm f***ed and fails me.

(Second time around I actually did a pretty good landing but not as good as the first if you ignore the fact I had no landing gear the first time. Unfortunately I was on my controller with the sticky R1 and it decided to stick a little after landing. That time though I got close enough and the game accepted it).

Tigress

Sooooo best way to rake in the online cash? I'm assuming it's jobs? What jobs have the best payout:effort ratio?

Well, I'd say A Titan of a Job if you are good at shooting and landing a plane. If you aren't so good at shooting it may take longer (it takes me a little time to do on my own but with a sniper rifle, a good car for cover that I can move (and also taunt NPCs into coming into view), I can easily clear the NPCs out and steal the plane. It seems the hardest part is landing the plane (which so far I've been able to do fine except when I frikkin forget the landing gear ;) ). oh, and try to avoid missles into the hangar, if you blow up the cars in front of the plane you're going to have fun trying to get the plane out (and will damage it at least a little which will make it harder for you) or you might blow up the plane ;). You really shouldn't need to do so anyways. I so far haven't had trouble clearing people out on my own and honestly, if I find it easy, so should you ;) (though I usually do so with some patience too. I don't mind taking my time and making things go to my advantage first. in fact I hate timed missions cause I flub up a lot more if I feel pressured to do so in a certain time).

If you have a buzzard, Trash Collection (or something with Trash in the name) is good. Also Denial of Service is pretty easy with a buzzard and can pay decently (or ok at least). There's also one where you gotta take out 6 people that's pretty easy in a buzzard (can't remember the name) that is really easy with a buzzard (both Denial of Service and that one are timed but with a buzzard you should be able to do it).

Also, steal cars. If you don't know where to find gang cars (I used to on the PS3 version but don't anymore on PS4), go for Ballers. They're worth 9k and you can find them everywhere. Hell, if you have a garage for space store them up when you find them and just sell them when you first log on or any other time you are bored and you haven't sold one in a while. No waiting for when they start spawning.

I just got 9k off a armored truck today. A sticky bomb and a call to lester and it took me a minute or two to make that (ok, so it probably was 8k if you consider the price for the sticky bomb and lester call. Hell, you can just outrun the cops too, I just never feel like it when I do that one, don't know why).

Take a heli and hit up a few stores to rob. It's not going to net you much, but it's easy money. Even 4 stars is pretty easy to outrun in a heli (you'll keep accumulating stars as you rob stores. Wear a mask, you'll accumulate them slower. You'll really only have trouble outrunning cops in a heli at 4 stars. Also, the frogger is best for this as it handles well and is decently fast for a heli. The one that has guns only sucks cause it's so slow. The buzzard gets damaged too easy. One slight hit into anything and you're gaurenteed it'll start crapping out on you in a few minutes. The other non weaponed heli that spawns is ok for this as well but the frogger really is the best one as it still handles better and is faster. The Frogger is honestly my favorite heli in the game. The buzzard is useful cause it has missiles and guns but the frogger is more fun to fly).

Basically, these are some of my easy ways and if I find them easy, they shouldn't be too big a problem.

Also, Rooftop Rumble is a favorite.

These Holiday masks are great.

BnvO1j5Y30m05Xwo10aUhA_0_0.jpg

kzfv3ib.jpg

NotBacon

Well, I'd say A Titan of a Job if you are good at shooting and landing a plane. If you aren't so good at shooting it may take longer (it takes me a little time to do on my own but with a sniper rifle, a good car for cover that I can move (and also taunt NPCs into coming into view), I can easily clear the NPCs out and steal the plane. It seems the hardest part is landing the plane (which so far I've been able to do fine except when I frikkin forget the landing gear ;) ). oh, and try to avoid missles into the hangar, if you blow up the cars in front of the plane you're going to have fun trying to get the plane out (and will damage it at least a little which will make it harder for you) or you might blow up the plane ;). You really shouldn't need to do so anyways. I so far haven't had trouble clearing people out on my own and honestly, if I find it easy, so should you ;) (though I usually do so with some patience too. I don't mind taking my time and making things go to my advantage first. in fact I hate timed missions cause I flub up a lot more if I feel pressured to do so in a certain time).

If you have a buzzard, Trash Collection (or something with Trash in the name) is good. Also Denial of Service is pretty easy with a buzzard and can pay decently (or ok at least). There's also one where you gotta take out 6 people that's pretty easy in a buzzard (can't remember the name) that is really easy with a buzzard (both Denial of Service and that one are timed but with a buzzard you should be able to do it).

Also, steal cars. If you don't know where to find gang cars (I used to on the PS3 version but don't anymore on PS4), go for Ballers. They're worth 9k and you can find them everywhere. Hell, if you have a garage for space store them up when you find them and just sell them when you first log on or any other time you are bored and you haven't sold one in a while. No waiting for when they start spawning.

I just got 9k off a armored truck today. A sticky bomb and a call to lester and it took me a minute or two to make that (ok, so it probably was 8k if you consider the price for the sticky bomb and lester call. Hell, you can just outrun the cops too, I just never feel like it when I do that one, don't know why).

Take a heli and hit up a few stores to rob. It's not going to net you much, but it's easy money. Even 4 stars is pretty easy to outrun in a heli (you'll keep accumulating stars as you rob stores. Wear a mask, you'll accumulate them slower. You'll really only have trouble outrunning cops in a heli at 4 stars. Also, the frogger is best for this as it handles well and is decently fast for a heli. The one that has guns only sucks cause it's so slow. The buzzard gets damaged too easy. One slight hit into anything and you're gaurenteed it'll start crapping out on you in a few minutes. The other non weaponed heli that spawns is ok for this as well but the frogger really is the best one as it still handles better and is faster. The Frogger is honestly my favorite heli in the game. The buzzard is useful cause it has missiles and guns but the frogger is more fun to fly).

Basically, these are some of my easy ways and if I find them easy, they shouldn't be too big a problem.

Also, Rooftop Rumble is a favorite.

sweet baby rays

thanks haha

I was just in free roam where a crate dropped. I went on the map instantly and 3 people were sat there readily waiting for it. How did they know?
Luck. They can drop on a dozen different spots on the map.

On a related note, today's exclusive clothing from a Special Crate is the BOBO shirt from San Andreas.

And unrelated question but why do randoms keep inviting me to their apartment?

I went to a mask shop but didn't see the holiday masks. Did I miss something?
They should be under the "Festive" category

komorebi

I'm trying to make heads or tails of this and I can't find a specific answer. I plan to transfer my dormant 360 character to PS4, but I also plan to get the PC version. Does anyone know if it will be possible to:

1) Transfer 360 -> PS4, then 360 -> PC and use the same character depending on what platform I'm playing on?

or a variation of that:

2) Transfer PS4 -> PC but still be able to use the same character on both?

I know you can only transfer a last-gen character once, but surely Rockstar must have for$een players that want to own and play both PS4/Xbone and PC versions... right?

Tigress

I'm trying to make heads or tails of this and I can't find a specific answer. I plan to transfer my dormant 360 character to PS4, but I also plan to get the PC version. Does anyone know if it will be possible to:

1) Transfer 360 -> PS4, then 360 -> PC and use the same character depending on what platform I'm playing on?

or a variation of that:

I know you can only transfer a last-gen character once, but surely Rockstar must have for$een players that want to own and play both PS4/Xbone and PC versions... right?

I am pretty sure R* clarified that recently and said that they would allow that (I am not sure if they will allow PS4 > PC or for you to just port your xbox 360 version to the PC though but they were going to allow you to port to PS4 from 360 and also from either 360 or PS4, don't know which, to PC).

Just picked up the Bitch'n Dog Food shirt from a Special Crate, so I guess that's the item for the day.

Damnit, I would have loved that one but no more time to play :(.

or a variation of that:

You can transfer twice, it wasn't going to be possible at first but Rockstar said that people who went Old>New can now go New>PC. The only thing is, it works like forking your character off. If you go up a rank on one platform, the rest won't mirror it as they're separate from there onwards.

komorebi

I am pretty sure R* clarified that recently and said that they would allow that (I am not sure if they will allow PS4 > PC or for you to just port your xbox 360 version to the PC though but they were going to allow you to port to PS4 from 360 and also from either 360 or PS4, don't know which, to PC).

Damnit, I would have loved that one but no more time to play :(.

Thanks for the reply. I've been studying the wording that Rockstar has posted. I'm getting the PS4 version tomorrow so I'm just trying to understand how this works.

You can transfer twice, it wasn't going to be possible at first but Rockstar said that people who went Old>New can now go New>PC. The only thing is, it works like forking your character off. If you go up a rank on one platform, the rest won't mirror it as they're separate from there onwards.

Aha! Okay, well that makes more sense. Kind of sucks that it gets forked but its understandable since Social Club tracks stats/progression from each system. Either way this is good news. I have money in the bank and cars in the garage man...I can't lose those.

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
Thanks for the reply. I've been studying the wording that Rockstar has posted. I'm getting the PS4 version tomorrow so I'm just trying to understand how this works.

Aha! Okay, well that makes more sense. Kind of sucks that it gets forked but its understandable since Social Club tracks stats/progression from each system. Either way this is good news. I have money in the bank and cars in the garage man...I can't lose those.

Here is R* link about it if you missed it.

https://support.rockstargames.com/h...layStation-3-to-PlayStation-4-Xbox-One-and-PC

Level 90 now on that home straight to 100!

If you want to grind, use a tank and play blow up 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SazxRzZWxwg

waypoetic

Banned
Level 63 here. All i care about really is the unlocks for my cars and having money to buy new ones. Whatevs with mission unlocks - i got you guys!

Striker

I've been climbing up fairly fast recently. Not sure what exactly I'm aiming for but the hosts have been putting the missions on Hard helps a lot.

I was around level 65 when I started playing on PS4 (at launch), now I'm level 93 I think. All I want is the minigun. I care about nothing else.

so just like the Valentine DLC there is a chance that the race cars will go away after the Festive DLC goes away?

ran out of money to buy them

hope the 3rd Apt is a forever thing tho

@brokenbeans PS4 sorry

Tigress

If you want to grind, use a tank and play blow up 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SazxRzZWxwg

That looks like a good amount of RP but if you want money there are better missions for that that you don't have to try to waste time to make the amount go up. I usually get about 19k for A Titan of a Job. Admittedly it takes me a while to do it cause I tend to go cautious and slow when clearing out the NPCs to steal the Titan. But I don't feel like I'm just trying to waste time. The job starting with the word trash in the name also seems to be pretty quick with not having to waste time to bring up money.

do we get to keep all the Special stuff like masks and clothing items after they are removed from the stores?

damn I feel stuck at 75

I don't know. I think for the clothing and masks the feeling is they are for Christmas only.

Keep at playing the game. Start doing a string of missions with people (particularly people you are having fun doing missions). I find that time goes by fast and it feels like less grind and rp and money builds up. I think I leveled up from 98-100 yesterday doing missions with people from here. We had a blast (I just wish I knew who one fo them was. He was a Neogaf member but I don't think he has the same name on here as his PSN name. The other I think I know who he was as I had already friended him... hint hint person I was playing with, who were you? <- you would know it was me cause my PSN name is pretty much what I use here but with numbers ;) ).

Level 63 here. All i care about really is the unlocks for my cars and having money to buy new ones. Whatevs with mission unlocks - i got you guys!

Yeah, but 100% armor for the cars is level 100 (I wanted level 100 for the armor and for the rocket launcher).

I was around level 65 when I started playing on PS4 (at launch), now I'm level 93 I think. All I want is the minigun. I care about nothing else.

Heh, of course you want the thing that requires the highest level ;). I wouldn't mind a minigun but it's not a huge goal of mine so I'm not as impatient to get it.

@brokenbeans PS4 sorry

I'm pretty sure the 3rd apartment thing is permenant. I am going to wait to buy one cause I don't need one yet and I'm still holding out hope they'll put some better locations. I refuse to buy less than a 10 car garage but I'd like to buy one out near where Trevor is to space out my safe houses. I'd also like to actually have another apartment/house rather than just a garage but that is really low priority (only if location is right and I have the money to waste). Right now my best option is a 10 car garage near the airport cause all the apts are way too close to each other to make good spacing for a safehouse.

waypoetic

Banned
When i bought a garage yesterday i only had one empty space left. Made me question whether or not you could actually own three apartments/garages.

Ted

Fun games again last night with fellow GAF'ricans. Good work folks.

so just like the Valentine DLC there is a chance that the race cars will go away after the Festive DLC goes away?

ran out of money to buy them

The additional property, weapons and vehicles are permanent. The outfits and masks you can buy and equip until early January (the 5th).

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52367/the-gta-online-festive-surprise

When i bought a garage yesterday i only had one empty space left. Made me question whether or not you could actually own three apartments/garages.

Did you already have some cars in storage from a previous down size or did you accidentally replace an existing garage? You should actually see three individual garage slots when you phone your mechanic.

waypoetic

Banned
Got my 10-car garage apartment, bought a 6-car garage and it asked me which one i'd like to replace and i was like "replace? i WANT TO ADD ONE!" and i only had one empty slot.

Looked like this:

* Apt. adress bla bla
*Empty

do we get to keep all the Special stuff like masks and clothing items after they are removed from the stores?
If you continue to wear it, then you can keep it... until you remove it. I had last year's Santa hat on until the next generation version came out lol
Grab a Special Crate!

At above post: maybe the third slot doesn't show up until you use your second.

Tried playing this for the first time yesterday and had a lot of trouble staying connected.

Also, is there any way to mute everyone by default?

IMACOMPUTA

Move the cars around for blow up 2 really close to each other, place 1 c4 in the middle and then drive back to Simeon's in the banshee (its behind ammunition) .
Park in the parking spot behind simeons and detonate the c4. Instant win.

That's the easiest mission I could find.

todahawk

Got my 10-car garage apartment, bought a 6-car garage and it asked me which one i'd like to replace and i was like "replace? i WANT TO ADD ONE!" and i only had one empty slot.

Looked like this:

* Apt. adress bla bla
*Empty

I think it's supposed to look like that since you can trade in a property if you want an upgrade. I bought a 6 car garage by Zancudo and it did the same thing.

Ted

Since the 1.05 patch notes includes a reference to the turbo bug being fixed I did a little testing and it definitely seems to be working as expected again.

An average of three timed runs over a defined straight in a fully upgraded Blista Compact with no turbo gave a time of 20.74 seconds whilst the exact same car with a turbo gave an average time of 20.19.

Time to spend a fortune re-adding the chuffing things, a discount on the in game cost would have been appreciated given they acknowledge it was a bug.

On an unrelated note, the OP has been updated, I have re-ordered the information and bumped crew details higher in the post. Hopefully this will help to help minimise "how do I join a crew" questions.

I'm also working on some changes to the patch information formatting to ensure the OP remain streamline and the details are in the FAQ.

Grab a Special Crate!

Or do a Survival to wave 8/9/10 and pick one up. You'll keep the mini gun and ammo until you log out (or at least you used to and I think it still works).

Hold the touch pad (or XB1 equivalent control) to bring up the interaction menu, scroll down to find the voice chat options. Alternatively, join a one person party and make sure chat priority is set to party rather than game (in the party settings).

todahawk

Joined a random survival job and it came up as a playlist with 6-30 people? Said it was created by R*. It shit itself launching so I never got any further... weird.

If you continue to wear it, then you can keep it... until you remove it. I had last year's Santa hat on until the next generation version came out lol

Grab a Special Crate!

At above post: maybe the third slot doesn't show up until you use your second.

oh I see you should keep the clothes on to keep it

I change cloths too often
if only the characters you can make were more attractive the masks helps lol

Hold the touch pad (or XB1 equivalent control) to bring up the interaction menu, scroll down to find the voice chat options. Alternatively, join a one person party and make sure chat priority is set to party rather than game (in the party settings).

Thanks.

I went crazy this weekend with my cars....putting in quote boxes because of the amount of incoming pics...guess you can say I went a little overboard..

All the Comets are modeled after authentic Porsche GT3 RS (and the RS-R) paint schemes, from the dealer. I have one more in the works, too xD
Any active players willing to take a newbie on in their crew? My christmas wish is to extend the life of GTA V for me.

PSN: Nomadx80
Sent you an invite to the GAF Crew.
My PSN is The_R1s1ng_Gam3r

Please add me to the crew! :D
Please send e message on the R* Social Club site, my name is BaronVonBeans. Please include your Gaf name!
Who manages GAF STREET (GFST) on PS4? Trying to join but I need them to approve.

Or is there a more official PS4 crew that will have me?

My PSN is SirJuiceALot
There is indeed a more official Gaf Crew, Gaming Age Family. 300+ members, and growing. Please send me a message on The Social Club with your Gaf name, and you're in.
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/gaming_age_family
Can someone please tell me how I can join Neogaf's GTA Online crew? My PSN is ingueferroque. Desperate for some good souls to play with in GTAO!

Edit: Joined the Neogang! :p

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/neogang
Similar to what I said to Juice, we have a more populated Gaf Crew, for PS4 players. Send me a Message on Social Club with your Gaf name.

Hey Baron I sent a request on Social Club under the name bkarevolutionary. I'm already in NeoGANG but rarely ever get matched with anyone in it.

All the stuff you buy stays with you. I still see some people wearing that creepy ass cupid mask from Valentine's day.

Tried playing this for the first time yesterday and had a lot of trouble staying connected.

Hold down the touchpad (PS4) or the menu button (XB1) to bring up the Interaction menu. Learn it...Love it. The Interaction menu should be everyone's friend. From here you can scroll down and toggle what chat channel you want to hear. You can mute everyone, set it to friends only or friends and crew, etc.

Also, the Quick GPS is probably the most handy thing to use in the Interaction Menu. You can select your house, mod shop, store, personal vehicle and it will instantly place a waypoint on the map. Can even quickly mark objectives when on a mission.

Another Interaction Menu tip is that you can toggle some things in your inventory. Like "masks"... For example, while you are wearing a mask and rob a liquor store, while you are getting away from the cops if you toggle the mask off you will lose one star from the wanted level.

Has it started snowing, guys? I remember it being really cool to play around with.

I'm guessing Christmas Eve through New Years.

Striker

Is there a iamrobk who posts in here? I saw he was in my lobby in free roam and while he was doing a Gang Attack I went there to join him. I drop down from the steps and step toward him and he guns me down. He had to have seen my clan marker.

Top Bottom