• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Fidelity (RT) impressions

Markio128

So I downloaded GTA V (PS5) again to check out the new RT update.

Is it me, or does fidelity mode appear smoother since the update? I’ve played the game in this mode now for 10+ hours and found it nothing less than really enjoyable. I‘ve gone full 1st-person, with headphones and have to say it has been immersive and fun.

I could have sworn that I found the fidelity mode difficult to enjoy prior to the latest update.

Anyway, has anybody else tried it on PS5/Series X after the update? What are your thoughts?

The RT effects are decent as well, especially at night. I love how I can see the reflection of my own car as I pull up to the bumper of the vehicle in front.

Last edited:

lem0n

I'm still playing V on my Series X with the Xbox One copy. At this point in it's life cycle, do you think it would be worth triple dipping on this with the new updates? RT sounds awesome.

Edit: Gamestop had it for $15 new so I said fuck it. I spent more on lunch before. Lol

Last edited:

Spyxos

I played it on release and now with the update on xsx and it was always smooth for me in the fidelity mode.

Senua

Gold Member
it seems smoother fr. Maybe they had fixed the 30fps before RT patch
Locked 30fps? Next gen has arrived baby!

ROSy3Ai.gif

ReBurn

Gold Member
I'm still playing V on my Series X with the Xbox One copy. At this point in it's life cycle, do you think it would be worth triple dipping on this with the new updates? RT sounds awesome.
if you really enjoy the game then the 60 FPS option is nice. It plays so much better. I liked that more than the RT shadows. I haven't started it up since rt reflections were added.

damidu

rt reflections are really great and much more transformative than the rt shadows.
but still can’t measure up to the impact of 60fps gameplay unfortunately.

wish more devs support 40fps in these modes.
its the perfect middle ground for consoles

Last edited:

Markio128

Edit: Gamestop had it for $15 new so I said fuck it. I spent more on lunch before. Lol
Well worth it. Playing the game in 1st-person with RT is super immersive. I’m particularly enjoying the flying missions.

NinjaBoiX

rt reflections are really great and much more transformative than the rt shadows.
but still can’t measure up to the impact of 60fps gameplay unfortunately.

wish more devs support 40fps in these modes.
its the perfect middle ground for consoles
Yup, been playing Horizon ZD in 40fps, feels really good compared to 30.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
You just got used to 30fps again. That's how it works.
And I've not checked but maybe the 30fps implementation here is not this input lag hell like in other ps5 30fps games like demons souls.

Markio128

You just got used to 30fps again. That's how it works.
And I've not checked but maybe the 30fps implementation here is not this input lag hell like in other ps5 30fps games like demons souls.
I can’t recall DS because I haven’t played it for a while - and I did play in performance mode. Recently, TW3 I found almost unplayable at 30fps. And the weird thing is, is that I seem to recall GTAV not being much fun in fidelity mode when I first tried it.

Considering I’ve mostly been playing 60fps games, the fidelity mode in GTAV is surprisingly playable and fun. That’s why I wondered if anyone else had noticed.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I can’t recall DS because I haven’t played it for a while - and I did play in performance mode. Recently, TW3 I found almost unplayable at 30fps. And the weird thing is, is that I seem to recall GTAV not being much fun in fidelity mode when I first tried it.

Considering I’ve mostly been playing 60fps games, the fidelity mode in GTAV is surprisingly playable and fun. That’s why I wondered if anyone else had noticed.
Yeah. 60fps is fine in Demons souls but 30fps has 75ms more measured input lag tha. Bloodborne according to digital foundry … and to me. I’ve been saying this way before df.

God of war ragnarok also feels slower at 30 than it should be but thankfully 40 is there.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Current Gen refreshes are necessary. I'm saying Fall 2023.
nah. Refreshes would never end. It's just chasing pc power.
Optimize, cut corners where gamers will not see. Surely... SURELY the fidelity mode could run at 60fps if they tried harder

Markio128

I think the moral of the story is, if developers can get a responsive fidelity (30fps) mode working on consoles, then it becomes a viable option.

Top Bottom