• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V *NEXT GEN* Impressions from the GameStop managers conference

This sounds more and more like a substantial upgrade worth getting despite the fact that I finished the story.

I could never get the rest of the upgrades and side missions because my PS3 just struggled with this game.

supersaw

a-angle2.jpg

Even if it's a bad port my g-sync is ready.

But on par with Infamous?

Obviously not on par with the image quality and clarity of a PS4 game, also maybe not as good in lightning as Infamous is pre-baked while GTAV is realtime.

But when it's a sunny day and rainclouds appear then you can watch individual puddles appear on the ground, looked already pretty neat on last gen, especially when you get out of the car and walk around in the rain.

I doubt it'll release this year, GTA V last gen release date was announced 8 months in advance. Not saying this will take as much but R* will not go "surprise! game is coming out next month here's a new trailer lolol" they will hype and market the shit out of those new visuals, it isn't a simple uprez port like most we've seen this gen.

Also going from GTA IV to V on PS3 was like a generational difference, GTA VI will be incredible.

Amaya

Banned
I'm looking forward to the Digital Foundry Xbone PS4 comparison. Will be entertaining for sure! I should preorder some popcorn. I may go pc unless it's 1080p on console. Don't care about frame rate.

Koobion

Extremely glad I waited for the next generation version. Always loved this series, and the amount of hype there was around the original release is all coming back.

Chao

Extremely glad I waited for the next generation version. Always loved this series, and the amount of hype there was around the original release is all coming back.
Same here, ended up not getting GTAV for whatever reason but will fix this situation when this version eventually releases

slash3584

I doubt it'll release this year, GTA V last gen release date was announced 8 months in advance. Not saying this will take as much but R* will not go "surprise! game is coming out next month here's a new trailer lolol" they will hype and market the shit out of those new visuals, it isn't a simple uprez port like most we've seen this gen.

Also going from GTA IV to V on PS3 was like a generational difference, GTA VI will be incredible.

I was thinking that too, but I'm more hopefull now that shinobi denied this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129607844&postcount=3277

plainr_

Triple dipping baby! Bought it on PS3 last year. Will buy it on day one again for PS4 and PC. I also happen to have two separate online profiles for GTAO. So now I won't have to start from scratch on either platform. :)

Certinty

Can't believe people are calling this a remaster, if anything it's a completely different game with all these changes.

All these graphical upgrades sound very exciting, but if Rockstar pushes things so far the framerate is compromised, they can fuck off. The single most exciting aspect of this next gen version for me is being able to play it with a smooth framerate. It was way too unstable for my tastes on PS3.

Can't believe people are calling this a remaster, if anything it's a completely different game with all these changes.

Eh, not really.

I'm not sure if I like all those graphical improvements. I would have loved 60fps with the same levels of visuals, the PS3 and 360 of GTA V are gorgeous anyway. But at the same time, it's probably better for Rockstar, this game will be a first work with the next gen consoles, and I doubt they'll aim for 60fps with GTA VI, it's probably better for the tech team and the long term results.

I really hope that the game doesn't run like shit though, it's one of the main reason I want a next-gen and PC port.

Wasn't the Last of Us remaster announced a month or two before release?

Please let it be this year

Palpable

That and manual ragdolling are the two main things I want. Got so excited thinking of things to do with the ragdolling online and it was the first thing I tried to do when my character first loaded up...then disappointment. :(

You mean headbutt diving? Yeah, noteably missing from online :(

UrbanRats

I'm not sure if I like all those graphical improvements. I would have loved 60fps with the same levels of visuals, the PS3 and 360 of GTA V are gorgeous anyway. But at the same time, it's probably better for Rockstar, this game will be a first work with the next gen consoles, and I doubt they'll aim for 60fps with GTA VI, it's probably better for the tech team and the long term results.

I really hope that the game doesn't run like shit though, it's one of the main reason I want a next-gen and PC port.

If you plan on playing it on PC, you can have 60fos.

If it's running on 30fps for consoles..... seems like I'm going to need a PC since mine is comparable to a PS4. Also, please let this port be decent unlike GTA IV.

kabel

If it's running on 30fps for consoles..... seems like I'm going to need a PC since mine is comparable to a PS4. Also, please let this port be decent unlike GTA IV.

I think R* already showed us with Max Payne 3 that they can port the RAGE engine to PC pretty good.

Don't worry.

Seanspeed

Banned
I think R* already showed us with Max Payne 3 that they can port the RAGE engine to PC pretty good.

Don't worry.
People say this a lot, but this isn't Max Payne. Nor is it simply a last-gen port at this stage, either.

I'm still concerned about it.

No, it's a remaster.
There's remasters and there's remakes. With the amount of work being put into the visuals, I'd actually say this actually sits somewhere in-between. The improvements go well beyond what we saw with something like TLOU(a remaster), but maybe isn't quite as extensive as something like Metro 2033 Redux(closer to a remake).

Ted

Shogun > Thanks for the update.

Did they mention any additional details on the transfer of GTA:O profiles? Will we be able to switch back and forth at will or is the transfer a one off? Is it different if you are staying on the same platform (e.g. PS3 to PS4) or switching (e.g. PS3 to XB1)?

Did they mention whether time limited purchasable content like the Liberator/Roosevelt will be available to people who didn't get them during the independence day/valentines day updates?

I feel like this will be the game I wished it was in my head back when I played it at launch on PS3. I always said it being held back by last-gen consoles, even when I was enjoying it immensely. I'm so glad they decided to give it the justice it deserves.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I have GTA5 for PS3, do I get a free upgrade for the digital PS4 version or no? 0_0

Forget about the free upgrade, I hope there is some upgrade plan at least so you can pay less if you have the copy digital.

Nzyme32

People say this a lot, but this isn't Max Payne. Nor is it simply a last-gen port at this stage, either.

I'm still concerned about it.

I'd agree. We have very little to go on for how well rockstar will do with the PC version, whether they made it from the ground up on PC, port it, have an external company work on it, whatever. It is reasonable to be cautious of the PC version. Having said that I am optimistic about it. That state of Steam and PC gaming itself are very different now, and the effort put into the work they are doing along with it seems positive. Some evidence shows that the PC version has had a lot of work for a few years now so there is some hope.

There's remasters and there's remakes. With the amount of work being put into the visuals, I'd actually say this actually sits somewhere in-between. The improvements go well beyond what we saw with something like TLOU(a remaster), but maybe isn't quite as extensive as something like Metro 2033 Redux(closer to a remake).

In between is where I'd go as well. A remake often has radical changes but is often done so distant from its original release that the products rarely resemble themselves. The situation with GTAV is more of remaster by comparison but then has almost similar lengths to a remake in reinvigorating the game.

Top Bottom