• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V on PC listed at amazon.fr

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I actually think it will go like:

- old gen now

- new gen in spring

- then PC in fall/winter

in that order

And later we will learn that the newgen versions were both based on the PC build, which was only held back because reasons.

deleted

My guess: They'll first push GTA:Online on consoles and after that they'll announce the other versions. It's basically ongoing free marketing for the game.
The hype right now is pretty high - they don't have to announce another version to create sku confusion atm. That's for the time after the GTAV console project is completed.

deleted

I should probably buy it. I'd probably get it in a week as a matter of French honor.

I keep wondering, what could consoles be giving Rockstar for them to always delay PC so it doesn't compete with console sales?

Maybe this time they are getting royalties from xboxlive?
And PC gaming isn't their priority, as seen with RDR - they just didn't care enough to build the game so it could be ported easily.

akira28

Maybe this time they are getting royalties from xboxlive?
And PC gaming isn't their priority, as seen with RDR - they just didn't care enough to build the game so it could be ported easily.

Well RDR is a different story. There's no reason to think PC gamers would give a damn about RDR. But GTA was a PC game, and at this late in the series, it's not like they couldn't preplan it so they could make some PC gamer money, fucking quickly. It's not like they have the misconception that it wouldn't sell really well. So there has to be a point beyond 'circumstance' or, 'its too hard to port to PC'.

deleted

Well RDR is a different story. There's no reason to think PC gamers would give a damn about RDR. But GTA was a PC game, and at this late in the series, it's not like they couldn't preplan it so they could make some PC gamer money, fucking quickly. It's not like they have the misconception that it wouldn't sell really well. So there has to be a point beyond 'circumstance' or, 'its too hard to port to PC'.

So that leaves manpower and incompetence on the table?

RaikuHebi

Banned
Search links don't work for other users, so you're going to have to link to specific examples.
He was probably referring to the fact the game leaked for 360 and PS3 last week. Though in your defence the piracy levels on PC are probably higher than the consoles.

Top Bottom