• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is Rockstar so reluctant about PC ?

Zathalus

Piracy? GTA5 sold around 40 million copies on Steam alone. They had the massive giveaway on Epic store as well, so I wouldn't be surprised is a third of total sales are due to PC. Leaving out PS3/One gen and it's likely close to half.

Mozzarella

Rockstar are very greedy, without PC day 1 release they will gain a lot of money just from the online, then they will probably release the PC version 2 years later for extra money.
Ironically i main gaming on PC, however when it comes to Rockstar i just buy their games on console, i dont have them on my PC. I dont want to double tip them and i buy their games on the console to let my sibling and relatives play them.
For some reason Rockstar games are popular with casuals and teenagers.

Baki

In an era where IPs that used to be exclusive to one platform are coming to PC, why does it seem like Rockstar is doing everything they can to actually stay away from PC ?

- No next-gen features for GTA V on PC
- No RDR 1 port
- No PC version of GTA VI

What gives ?
Their games are complex and difficult to port. So they are going to focus on the platforms where they make most of their money.

Catphish

Isn't this just standard fare for them?

1. Release on current gen console, near the end of its life cycle.
2. Release 6mo-1yr later on PC (double dip for some)
3. Release for next gen console (triple dip for some, double dip for the rest)

Top Bottom