• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

You dont really lose out on that much. Anyway I thought the game left you with a save just before that decison.

You lose the ability to play as a character, can't do his stranger missions, lose access to whatever vehicles and property he had, can't hang out with certain characters anymore.
You do lose out on quite a lot.

Thorgal

Anyone know the best guide to make millions on the stock market ?

I think somebody posted one way back in the thread but i cannot seem to find it .

Would anyone like to trade race wins for a while to work toward unlocking all the vehicle mods? I'm terrible at winning races, I just want to be able to mod my vehicles.

Per suggestions I've seen it would be the Criminal Records race, 1 lap, Super class. Each race takes like 35 seconds. Plus we can bet on the person we know will win!

Zoolader

Would anyone like to trade race wins for a while to work toward unlocking all the vehicle mods? I'm terrible at winning races, I just want to be able to mod my vehicles.

Per suggestions I've seen it would be the Criminal Records race, 1 lap, Super class. Each race takes like 35 seconds. Plus we can bet on the person we know will win!

add me on RSC; zoolader.

What's a good way to rank up online? I'm only at 3 after playing for an hour and already feel like it's a grind.

The best way is to do missions, little cooperative kill-and-deliver type things with 4-6 people.

Online -> job -> random mission, or something like that. And then if you get a good group, keep rolling with them on other random missions. Lots of money and ranks.

Anyone here that tripple dipped? I played it on PS3, bought it on PS4 (haven't finished it though) and I'm kind of thinking about buying the PC version.

Is it worth it?

zoolader I added you as a friend, and it shows that we are on the social club, but in-game it doesn't recognize that. I invited you to the race several times as a member of the GAF crew but it doesn't seem like it's working, the last time I did it, it said "blocked."

Philtastic

Does anyone know a good way to dodge missiles? I'm doing the second heist and I keep getting shot down.

When you start to hear the beeps pull up and to one side as hard as you can.

Also, on that heist before the guy in the buzzard is shooting jets down, you can just follow the jet to be safe.

No, do not follow this. As the pilot, the best thing that you can do is just get behind the jet and stay there following him. Even though in real life the fighter jet should have insane maneuverability, it turns like a tank in this mission so you're free to just fly behind him on his six the entire time. The demolition guy in the helicopter should be hovering near the prison (don't fly over the prison or else they fire SAM missiles at you) and firing missiles into all of the N.O.O.S.E. agents that are decently hard to kill which allows the prison guard and prisoner to get out faster and without much risk of dying.

That last triathlon... was exhausting to say the least lol
But I enjoyed it! Nice route.

Hah, I had to remap my sprint button midway through because my pinky was going numb.

No, do not follow this. As the pilot, the best thing that you can do is just get behind the jet and stay there following him. Even though in real life the fighter jet should have insane maneuverability, it turns like a tank in this mission so you're free to just fly behind him on his six the entire time. The demolition guy in the helicopter should be hovering near the prison (don't fly over the prison or else they fire SAM missiles at you) and firing missiles into all of the N.O.O.S.E. agents that are decently hard to kill which allows the prison guard and prisoner to get out faster and without much risk of dying.

Good idea. Btw, is there a way the ground team can get out of the prison without fighting through NOOSE?

CHC

Speaking of the prison, is there ANYTHING to do there in single player mode? I keep hatching up schemes to infiltrate it but I die really really quickly, they're pretty concerned with keeping me out. I'm curious what's inside, I wanna see some prisoners or something like that.

Good idea. Btw, is there a way the ground team can get out of the prison without fighting through NOOSE?

I want to say there might be. Every pug group I've done has just attacked the guards immediately upon entering, but the game sets it up like you can pretend to be a guard and prisoner for as long as you can keep it up. And the prisoner you're rescuing acts like you could've done it better too, he says "I thought they said they were sending in professionals," and gets hurt.

I bet you can do a stealthy approach but nobody online ever bothers.

I want to say there might be. Every pug group I've done has just attacked the guards immediately upon entering, but the game sets it up like you can pretend to be a guard and prisoner for as long as you can keep it up. And the prisoner you're rescuing acts like you could've done it better too, he says "I thought they said they were sending in professionals," and gets hurt.

I bet you can do a stealthy approach but nobody online ever bothers.
Nah, it's set up that way. The only way through is past the one guar. He always suspects something and starts shooting.

Ok, so I getting tired of playing with randoms. Everyone has no patience, and will bail if someone dies no matter the circumstance, meaning you can't continue the heist. I sent an invite request for the Neogaf clan, but I'm not sure if that's how I get in. I haven't done my own heists because it takes so long for people to join in, and can use the assistance.

Nah, it's set up that way. The only way through is past the one guar. He always suspects something and starts shooting.

Yep. That's why everyone shoots immediately - there's no point in carrying on the charade and wasting time when your team is out there waiting for you to finish up the prison ASAP.

That last triathlon... was exhausting to say the least lol
But I enjoyed it! Nice route.

No kidding. I learned how to sprint with bikes halfway through the bike section, firmly in last place, before I clawed my way to a very firm lead by the end.

One run was a lot of fun, but I'd be furious if I had ever had to repeat it for any reason.

To go fast on a bike, you use the same button that you use on foot to sprint right?

From what I understand the sprint button makes your character lean forward, which makes you go faster when going down hill, while the crouch button makes your character do a wheelie which will increase your speed in all circumstances but limits turning and can't be done consistently on heavier bikes.

Edit: I looked it up to make sure and it sounds like leaning forward will most always increase your speed but not as much as the wheelie, so just lean forward whenever you can't wheelie, such as while doing turns or if you're riding a heavy bike.

Edit2: ah, guy below made me realise you might be talking about non-motorized bikes, in which case disregard my post.

To go fast on a bike, you use the same button that you use on foot to sprint right?

That's what I thought (and why it took so long to figure out), but it's actually a different button. Gotta check the key bindings to figure it out.

The regular sprint button leans forward for a bike-jump, basically, while the actual sprint is a toggle(?) that makes you go dramatically faster. I figure it uses stamina, but I seemed to have infinite stamina so I couldn't actually tell. Bike-sprinting and leaning might produce slightly better speeds in some situations, but perhaps I was imagining things.

Sarcasm

That's what I thought (and why it took so long to figure out), but it's actually a different button. Gotta check the key bindings to figure it out.

The regular sprint button leans forward for a bike-jump, basically, while the actual sprint is a toggle(?) that makes you go dramatically faster. I figure it uses stamina, but I seemed to have infinite stamina so I couldn't actually tell. Bike-sprinting and leaning might produce slightly better speeds in some situations, but perhaps I was imagining things.

From what I understand the sprint button makes your character lean forward, which makes you go faster when going down hill, while the crouch button makes your character do a wheelie which will increase your speed in all circumstances but limits turning and can't be done consistently on heavier bikes.

Edit: I looked it up to make sure and it sounds like leaning forward will most always increase your speed but not as much as the wheelie, so just lean forward whenever you can't wheelie, such as while doing turns or if you're riding a heavy bike.

Edit2: ah, guy below made me realise you might be talking about non-motorized bikes, in which case disregard my post.

Caps for kb, but I use controller for driving and I can't see a button for it.

HelloMeow

The cops in this game are bad. They're nowhere to be found until you do something bad, and when they're after you it's like they can smell where you are. They always know where to look. They pop up in huge numbers on even the most deserted roads. It's stupid.

It's a bit disappointing.

Zoolader

Instead of playing today I decided to clear out my video clips and make a montage. There was a lot of things I didn't get to record since I only had 1GB allocated to action replay, so this video isn't as great as I'd want it to be. Good news is I found out what was eating up 30 GB of space on my small ssd, so now I can save much more than 1gb.

Well here is the video.

Zoolader
NeoGang
Misc.1

so this was fun... :D

took a while to get it to work (i had no idea if it actually would) and the process isn't an exact science but it makes for some very unique rampages

ue2hUO3.png

You'll need the vehicle controller mod so you can open the rear cargo door of the helicopter and you'll probably want to use the trainer too just for more convenient cargobob spawning.

You need to make two characters be near eachother on the map, but without calling them to hang out since for some reason you can't use the Switch feature if you're officially 'hanging out'. (i guess an easy way could be to call one character to hang out so the game gives you their location, then fly near to them but without activating the hang out mission marker, then switch to that character) Land the Cargobob with its cargo door open and land it near your second character, switch to them and then walk into the back.

Cargobob, like most trucks, has surfing support so you can fly around and it won't ragdoll anyone standing on / in it, so you can switch to the pilot and fly to wherever you want, and you should be able to switch back to the character in the back whenever, and the pilot will keep the helicopter steady and at the same altitude.

There are some weird things that can happen, from the few times i've tried it - if you go too high with the cargobob (or maybe if you just fly for too long without switching) and then switch to the character in the back, they might spawn outside the cargobob in freefall after a loading screen (when it works, it should just be an immediate switch with no loading screen). If you walk too close to the cockpit of the cargobob as the guy in the back, the other character might make a comment about seeing you (Trevor says something like "we have to stop meeting like this") and then they will bail out of the pilot seat leaving you to fall to your doom in the back of the cargobob.

gah if only opening the cargobob doors had been an official feature you would be able to do this online, the best part is you can obviously use any weapon out the back of it.

Edit:

looks like the easiest way is just to get to an open area with the cargobob with character 1, then switch to character 2 and trip skip a taxi to where character 1 is. I didn't realize the character locations were as persistent as they are, you can switch form a character in the desert to one in the city and the character in the desert will still be where you left them :D You might need to shut the cargo door after character 2 is in the back and you've switched back to character 1 otherwise character 2 might try and walk out the back of it.

edit 2:

made a quick video, you can see Trevor jump out at the end when Michael gets too close to the cockpit, it is a super weird bug, but i guess the game doesn't really know wtf is going on in that scenario. i think doing this over the army base might be worth a video, i think it also might be possible to make spawned vehicles invincible with the trainer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jnixgQFLXA

The cops in this game are bad. They're nowhere to be found until you do something bad, and when they're after you it's like they can smell where you are. They always know where to look. They pop up in huge numbers on even the most deserted roads. It's stupid.

There's already a cop rebalancing mod out which is pretty awesome. One stars harder to get and when you do get it one cop is sent to investigate. Female cops appear which i'd never seen before.The army also appear at 5 stars

laxu

There's also a mod that adds walking cops on the streets. It's strange that the game doesn't have stuff like that from the start. Always up to modders to fix every open world game I guess...

Use this.

There's also a mod that adds walking cops on the streets. It's strange that the game doesn't have stuff like that from the start. Always up to modders to fix every open world game I guess...

Which mod adds this?

Edit: Apparently not, my bad. :-/

Wow. I'm definitely going to give that a try.

It's awesome. Doesn't take ages to lose the cops below 3 stars, they're less stupidly accurate, and they have less of a tendency to appear out of nowhere. It also rebalances other factions like security guards, gang members and mercenaries.

Top Bottom