• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC Trailer (60 FPS)

wait a second...does this mean?

Trevor at 60 FPS

LsYkJJ7.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nuuvem's price was the one I was eyeballing; will keys work everywhere (and be english)?
Is it worth getting the Steam version instead?

Given Brazil is covered under the ROW/international sub on Steam, Nuuvem's keys should be safe as it stands to reason that if R* were going to generate region-locked keys for Brazil then there would be a BR-specific package on Steam, but nobody can say for certain until the game has unlocked.

Edit: It's also worth noting that none of R*'s other games are region-locked in Brazil.

JaseC

60gb welp. Definitely getting the physical copy.

Given the HDD requirement mentioned in the system reqs is 60GB, I'm going to assume the Social Club pre-load isn't compressed. We'll know once Valve flicks the switch on Steam.

Kezen

Banned
60gb is going to take me several days at 1.5mb/s.....

Well I should have bought physical but the convenience of digital is too attractive.

Lol I'm gonna try running this game on my Intel G3220 with a Radeon 7770. Going to do some research on which new graphics card to buy after the game is out to see what will give me 60FPS on it.

Ooof, dual core CPU. While that CPU performs similarly to the CPU minimum spec, the min spec is still a quad core, which might end up giving you problems when things get busy in-game. Hey, its your money to spend, just don't go in expecting an optimal (or an entirely working) experience.

Human_me

60gb is going to take me several days at 1.5mb/s.....

Well I should have bought physical but the convenience of digital is too attractive.

Consider yourself lucky, I've got a 300kbs internet here.

However on the bright side I should hopefully get Fibre Optic by the end of the week (as long as BT get off their arses and do it.

Dinjoralo

I just realized, didn't the 8th generation version update the phones so that the Not-iPhone menu was styled like iOS 7?
For the PC version, they should have the not-Galaxy phone with a new Lollipop/Material Design style menu. In fact, I'll be annoyed if they don't do that, even though I seriously doubt they will.

Ooof, dual core CPU. While that CPU performs similarly to the CPU minimum spec, the min spec is still a quad core, which might end up giving you problems when things get busy in-game. Hey, its your money to spend, just don't go in expecting an optimal (or an entirely working) experience.

Yeah, I'm not expecting much with my setup running newer games at optimal performance. This is more to see if it actually works and then figure out what to upgrade from there. I want to wait till newer intel processors are out before I upgrade to be honest, but till then at long as it works for me I'm fine with a little performance issues. Was able to play Ground Zeroes alright on it on high with shadows on medium. So, at least I know I can play MGS V: Phantom Pain on it.

Nzyme32

After downloading the game:

"A file got corrupted, please download and re-install game"

fuuuu_reasonably_small-1.jpg

I've never had that happen in my 10 years of using PC digital distibution systems, but if it did happen, I'd be fucking pissed haha. My connection is 300kb/s but gets upgraded to fibre on the 14th .... so just in time to be not so useful

Lol I'm gonna try running this game on my Intel G3220 with a Radeon 7770. Going to do some research on which new graphics card to buy after the game is out to see what will give me 60FPS on it.

I'm also dual coring it on a laptop. It worked out fine for MGSV GZ, so I'm hoping that i5 goodness can push it through.

Is there any benefit to the Steam version other than achievements? You would still have to add your Steam friends on Social Club correct?

LCGeek

formerly sane
Is there any benefit to the Steam version other than achievements? You would still have to add your Steam friends on Social Club correct?

I'm more worried if steam can be moddable. Tried to buy another copy of GTA5 and gg and couldn't. Don't want to bite the steam bullet and get burned again.

Consider yourself lucky, I've got a 300kbs internet here.

However on the bright side I should hopefully get Fibre Optic by the end of the week (as long as BT get off their arses and do it.
700 kbs here with no future upgrade in sight (rural area ;/). Gotta admit it rustles my jimmies to see people complaining about net speed when what they have is godly in comparison. 700kbs is snail quality on its own but to have it shared between three people? Fuck. Me. I'll be lucky to have gta5 downloaded this month.

Anybody know how to start it from the iOS app? My pc is on at home and steam is open.

If I can't start it until tonight it's not the end of the world but I'd like to start asap

JaseC

Anybody know how to start it from the iOS app? My pc is on at home and steam is open.

If I can't start it until tonight it's not the end of the world but I'd like to start asap

You can't. It's possible to start downloads from your Steam Community games list, however only games that have released are listed.

Nzyme32

This has been a long standing problem on iOS and Android apps - you can't actually initiate or continue pre-loading / downloading of unreleased stuff, even if it is queued on your computer.

Xyber

It's for situations like this it's great to have a remote desktop app on the phone. Google's own app is great if you have an Android phone. But it requires that you have already downloaded the software to the PC as well.

dex3108

Reminder to all Steam owners who will preload game. You need 120+ GB of free space for download and decryption on release date.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Can someone let me know if my understanding is correct on this:

If I preload, I will need 2x the download sizes data free upon release to actually install the game (the preload size, plus the uncompressed space for decrypting the data)

If I wait until release to download and install, I will only need the full uncompressed install size on my drive in order to install the game.

Is this accurate, or will I need to free up ~120Gb on one of my drives for both?

JaseC

Can someone let me know if my understanding is correct on this:

If I preload, I will need 2x the download sizes data free upon release to actually install the game (the preload size, plus the uncompressed space for decrypting the data)

If I wait until release to download and install, I will only need the full uncompressed install size on my drive in order to install the game.

Is this accurate, or will I need to free up ~120Gb on one of my drives for both?

It's correct. The reason you need twice the space when pre-loading is that the data is encrypted and it's not deleted until after it has been unpacked.

Jeremy

Damn, I thought they went ahead and released the game early. The email from Rockstar just says the game is now available.

Xyber

Didn't know about the double size thingy. I sure as hell don't have that space on my SSD, so I will move the pre-loaded content and make a symlink. That should work just fine right?

Sarcasm

SO..whats the best way than? I am installing on an SSD (with double space will have 90GB free). That other half you regain after all said and done right?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
It's correct. The reason you need twice the space when pre-loading is that the data is encrypted and it's not deleted until after it has been unpacked.

Yeah that's what I thought. Bummer, I'll wait until release day to download!

Top Bottom