• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC Trailer (60 FPS)

Kezen

Banned
Why?

Do you think a majority of the people that buy the pc version already own the game on last gen and next gen console as in most people buying the pc version are triple dippers?

Why would it be crazy? Is the same thing said when companies allow crossbuy?

I really hate the idea that PC gamers should get this game for "free". It's insane, you want something you pay for it, period. If there is one thing I can't stand it's entitlement.

Cross-buy makes sense when in the same ecosystem (PS3 - PS4 - Vita, or possibly Xbox One - Windows 10).

I don't think a majority of PC gamers buying GTA 5 have played it on consoles, and I don't see anything wrong with charging full price as well.

The big deal breaker for me will be friends list integration with Steam. If I have to manage a new friends list over at Rockstar's lame app then it will be a sale buy for me.

cripterion

I really hate the idea that PC gamers should get this game for "free". It's insane, you want something you pay for it, period. If there is one thing I can't stand it's entitlement.

Cross-buy makes sense when in the same ecosystem (PS3 - PS4 - Vita, or possibly Xbox One - Windows 10).

I don't think a majority of PC gamers buying GTA 5 have played it on consoles, and I don't see anything wrong with charging full price as well.

There goes the word entitlement thrown around. You realize with that kind of attitude applied to everything there's pretty much no discussion to be had about business practices of gaming companies on this very board?

"Price of Xbox is too high" = you want something you pay for it, period.
"3rd piece of DLC within a month of release of the game" = you want something you pay for it, period.
"My videocard has only 3.5GB of good ram when 4GB is advertised" = you want something you pay for it, period.

I never said pc players had to have the game for free. But they could definitely throw a bone for people that already double dipped in making the pc version available to them, or just the MP portion. Especially considering said MP portion was totally broken at launch and it still is for many people.

My wording might have been wrong, my intention was to say they could do it and it would earn them a lot of good will, no that they have to do it. Why is it considered insane by some of you puzzles me.

Utimately it doesn't really matter what I think, but after all the delays this pc version better be flawless, and if that makes me "entitled" for thinking that so be it :)

Sarcasm

Well they are going to screw up online game since console users can upload their saves to the PC.

So they did, kind of throw yea a bone? Does this count? You can wreck the PC player scrubs who waited for PC version =S

cripterion

Well they are going to screw up online game since console users can upload their saves to the PC.

So they did, kind of throw yea a bone? Does this count? You can wreck the PC player scrubs who waited for PC version =S

lol well that's one way of seeing things sure:)
I'd be very interested to know of the percentage of people who intend to buy the pc version, how many already own the game though.

Kadayi

Banned
My wording might have been wrong, my intention was to say they could do it and it would earn them a lot of good will, no that they have to do it. Why is it considered insane by some of you puzzles me.

Rockstar have a lot of staff on book (900 + according to wiki). Their expenditure on salaries is likely a good few million every month. Sure GTA V sold bucket loads, but in terms of development it also cost an absolute fortune. Couple that with their publisher needing their cut, as well as the ongoing costs of server hosting for the online component. Expecting them to forego several million sales out of 'goodwill' is a bit of a reach. The revenue they'd be passing up would likely fund their next project, as well as ensure they have enough in the war chest so they can weather any potential storms they might encounter before their next big release.

Kezen

Banned
There goes the word entitlement thrown around. You realize with that kind of attitude applied to everything there's pretty much no discussion to be had about business practices of gaming companies on this very board?
"Price of Xbox is too high" = you want something you pay for it, period.
"3rd piece of DLC within a month of release of the game" = you want something you pay for it, period.
"My videocard has only 3.5GB of good ram when 4GB is advertised" = you want something you pay for it, period.
That does not work when you wanted something for free. I believe the price of Xbox Live is too high but if there is value I understand the need of a pricetag. I see nothing wrong with DLCs so as long as the base content warrants the asked price. That's all.
Why on earth would Rockstar give a game like GTA 5 away ? Just because some of them have played in on another platform, what kind of logic is this ?

I never said pc players had to have the game for free
You said :
Rockstar should give the PC version for free for those who own ps3/360 and ps4/Xbox one versions
What the fuck seriously, like in what kind of fucked up universe am I living in. Baffling. Pure insanity. Hopefully you were just joking and you got me good.

But they could definitely throw a bone for people that already double dipped in making the pc version available to them, or just the MP portion. Especially considering said MP portion was totally broken at launch and it still is for many people.
I'm 100% against such a thing, I don't see why they would give away a game for any reason. There is no justification possible, they don't owe us PC gamers a damn thing except a solid port if they want it to be successful on PC obviously. They sell a product : you buy it or you don't, simple as that.
The fact that you may have played it elsewhere does not matter, if you want it on PC or consoles you pay for it, period.

Utimately it doesn't really matter what I think, but after all the delays this pc version better be flawless, and if that makes me "entitled" for thinking that so be it :)
They can also earn goodwill by simply releasing a good PC version worth the price of entry. Wanting GTA 5 for free because it has released on other platforms is crazy talk, that's awful entitlement.
You don't own "the" game you own "a version" of a game and one should not entitle you to the other.

cripterion

That does not work when you wanted something for free. I believe the price of Xbox Live is too high but if there is value I understand the need of a pricetag. I see nothing wrong with DLCs so as long as the base content warrants the asked price. That's all.
Why on earth would Rockstar give a game like GTA 5 away ? Just because some of them have played in on another platform, what kind of logic is this ?

You said :

What the fuck seriously, like in what kind of fucked up universe am I living in. Baffling. Pure insanity. Hopefully you were just joking and you got me good.

I'm 100% against such a thing, I don't see why they would give away a game for any reason. There is no justification possible, they don't owe us PC gamers a damn thing except a solid port if they want it to be successful on PC obviously. They sell a product : you buy it or you don't, simple as that.
The fact that you may have played it elsewhere does not matter, if you want it on PC or consoles you pay for it, period.

They can also earn goodwill by simply releasing a good PC version worth the price of entry. Wanting GTA 5 for free because it has released on other platforms is crazy talk, that's awful entitlement.
You don't own "the" game you own "a version" of a game and one should not entitle you to the other.

No I wasn't joking, your reaction to this has me cracking up though. I made my point a couple of psots ago, if you can't get over it, don't know what to tell you :) But hey feel free to think I should have everything given to me after taking a look at my Steam library, or the games I own on PS3, Vita, , PS4, 360 and Xbox One.

MS giving Windows 10 free of charge for users of 7 & 8, hell even pirates must have you revolted all inside out.

Nzyme32

No I wasn't joking, your reaction to this has me cracking up though. I made my point a couple of points ago, if you can't get over it, don't know what to tell you :) But hey feel free to think I should have everything given to me after taking a look at my Steam library, or the games I own on PS3, Vita, , PS4, 360 and Xbox One.

MS giving Windows 10 free of charge for users of 7 & 8, hell even pirates must have you revolted all inside out.

They are not giving it to pirates for free - they get a non genuine (unactivated) version of windows 10

Have they said if they will have full support for the XB1 controller on PC (on-screen inputs and all) or will it just be that way for the 360 controller?

SliChillax

No I wasn't joking, your reaction to this has me cracking up though. I made my point a couple of psots ago, if you can't get over it, don't know what to tell you :) But hey feel free to think I should have everything given to me after taking a look at my Steam library, or the games I own on PS3, Vita, , PS4, 360 and Xbox One.

You're completely missing the point and your logic about this whole free thing is very childish. I don't know with what logic you expect Rockstar to give this for free. A discount would make sense for people who also have other versions but for free? Lol

cripterion

You're completely missing the point and your logic about this whole free thing is very childish. I don't know with what logic you expect Rockstar to give this for free. A discount would make sense for people who also have other versions but for free? Lol

Yeah a discount would work too. I understand the logic, it just doesn't have to be universal like you make it out to be.

If a dev announces crossbuy between console and pc tomorrow , you will lol?

Nzyme32

Have they said if they will have full support for the XB1 controller on PC (on-screen inputs and all) or will it just be that way for the 360 controller?

The steam version was updated from partial to full controller support several months ago, so I'd guess so

Kezen

Banned

They don't "give away" W10 to pirates though (and thank God for that). :)
Besides, W10 being "free" for one year has nothing to do with GTA 5 and is meant to erase the W8 failure from collective memory.

Rockstar are in a totally different position with GTA 5 and it being free for any PC gamers makes no sense whatsoever.

cripterion

They don't "give away" W10 to pirates though (and thank God for that). :)
Besides, W10 being "free" for one year has nothing to do with GTA 5 and is meant to erase the W8 failure from collective memory.

Rockstar are in a totally different position with GTA 5 and it being free for any PC gamers makes no sense whatsoever.

Why? Would that bother you? Are you against the concept of things being given away free of charge? Are you championing for CDPR to make their future DLC payable?
I get what you and others are saying and you're free to disagree (as I'm free to think they could allow GTA V on pc free of charge for people that are triple dipping) but your hard stance against this is so strange.

You told me to pay if I want something, I said before I had no problem paying for the game if it's worth the money, as in if the multiplayer is not broken. If I just get the game for the pleasure of seeing it run at 60fps I'll just patiently wait for the price to come down, like I did for GTA IV. No biggie.

Kezen

Banned
Why? Would that bother you? Are you against the concept of things being given away free of charge? Are you championing for CDPR to make their future DLC payable?
IMO they should definitely charge for them instead of them being free. They have every right to price them provided they are worth the price. And considering how profitable after launch content is I think they are leaving money on the table. I want them to be able to make more great games.

I get what you and others are saying and you're free to disagree (as I'm free to think they could allow GTA V on pc free of charge for people that are triple dipping) but your hard stance against this is so strange.
I don't see why PC gamers are entitled to free games. I'm not at all convinced by your argument that triple dippers "deserve" GTA 5 free of charge, if they want it on another platform they have to pay for it.

Why?

Do you think a majority of the people that buy the pc version already own the game on last gen and next gen console as in most people buying the pc version are triple dippers?

Why would it be crazy? Is the same thing said when companies allow crossbuy?

I bought dozens of DVD versions of movies over the years.

By your logic I should be given the Bluray versions of the same movies for free. Correct?

cripterion

IMO they should definitely charge for them instead of them being free. They have every right to price them provided they are worth the price. And considering how profitable after launch content is I think they are leaving money on the table. I want them to be able to make more great games.

I don't see why PC gamers are entitled to free games. I'm not at all convinced by your argument that triple dippers "deserve" GTA 5 free of charge, if they want it on another platform they have to pay for it.

You're one hell of a dude if you want to pay for something rather than someone to giving it to you for free. Provided this happens between friends, and acquaintances but when it comes to customer/seller relationship that's a bit odd.
PC gamers aren't entitled to free games, no, but they do get free games time to time, the fact that it happens and that it seems to bother you leaves me speechless.

But this is getting OT, you wanna pay for stuff full price and think it's worth it. Good for you. I said I would too, if I was sure that the product is worth it but I'm quite doubtful as I already made the mistake of getting the "remastered" version on PS4.
And Rockstar's late track record on pc doesn't leave much to be impressed.

With the current issues GTA Online has, the experience it offers is definitely comparable to F2P titles, and don't even get me started on micro transactions (I know it's totally optional but still gives them additional revenue)

I bought dozens of DVD versions of movies over the years.

By your logic I should be given the Bluray versions of the same movies for free. Correct?

Nope, I'm talking about this particular game, GTA V.

Corpekata

Banned
I think you're all really just arguing over something that probably doesn't apply to many people anyway. Even if such an upgrade program existed they'd likely only extend to people that have bought the game digitally on other platforms since that's the only way to verify onwership that's not extremely clunky. I can't imagine the cross section of people buying it digitally on Xbox 360, the One, and then PC is very large.

cripterion

I think you're all really just arguing over something that probably doesn't apply to many people anyway. Even if such an upgrade program existed they'd likely only extend to people that have bought the game digitally on other platforms since that's the only way to verify onwership that's not extremely clunky. I can't imagine the cross section of people buying it digitally on Xbox 360, the One, and then PC is very large.

I think so too, and that's why I said I would be curious to know about the percentage of people benefiting from this yet what I previously said is twisted as me saying "Give free games for all pc owners!"

Man, why couldn't they do this on consoles...No upgrading my Mac anytime soon.

As in 60fps? Cause the new consoles couldn't keep up...

Seanspeed

Banned
You're one hell of a dude if you want to pay for something rather than someone to giving it to you for free.
Eh. I don't have this 'only look out for yourself' attitude when it comes to my consumerism. Unless I'm broke, I'm willing to spend more to support certain businesses because I like what they do or if they've got quality products.

I want GTA V on PC to do well. I want Rockstar to stop treating PC as a side priority. The only way that happens is if they can make good money on this. Loyalty programs gain goodwill, but Rockstar are not in a position where they are in desperate need of goodwill. You cannot get GTA anywhere else. Nobody makes a GTA game like Rockstar does, even counting quality games like Saint's Row and whatnot. If Rockstar want goodwill, then all they have to do is do a good job with the port. That's it. Give us a quality product, and people are willing to spend money on it.

Granted, I did cheap out by getting it on Nuuvem, but I'm still supporting them. I do that because I buy too many games as it is and justify buying brand new games by getting them cheaper. Not the best attitude if I want to stay consistent with my 'support the developer' stuff above, but I feel it's still a whole lot better than when I played on console and just bought everything used and at least the vast majority of my money is going out to these pubs/devs(and a bit to the sites, obviously). But anyways, yea, I don't want to see Rockstar going out of their way, taking any extra hit on the PC version here. It will just make them care even less about PC in the future when they allocate resources and priorities.

Kezen

Banned
Eh. I don't have this 'only look out for yourself' attitude when it comes to my consumerism. Unless I'm broke, I'm willing to spend more to support certain businesses because I like what they do or if they've got quality products.

I want GTA V on PC to do well. I want Rockstar to stop treating PC as a side priority. The only way that happens is if they can make good money on this. Loyalty programs gain goodwill, but Rockstar are not in a position where they are in desperate need of goodwill. You cannot get GTA anywhere else. Nobody makes a GTA game like Rockstar does, even counting quality games like Saint's Row and whatnot. If Rockstar want goodwill, then all they have to do is do a good job with the port. That's it. Give us a quality product, and people are willing to spend money on it.

Granted, I did cheap out by getting it on Nuuvem, but I'm still supporting them. I do that because I buy too many games as it is and justify buying brand new games by getting them cheaper. Not the best attitude if I want to stay consistent with my 'support the developer' stuff above, but I feel it's still a whole lot better than when I played on console and just bought everything used and at least the vast majority of my money is going out to these pubs/devs(and a bit to the sites, obviously). But anyways, yea, I don't want to see Rockstar going out of their way, taking any extra hit on the PC version here. It will just make them care even less about PC in the future when they allocate resources and priorities.

I agree with this. But I fear the PC version won't sell enough for Rockstar to stop treating the PC as tier 2 platform. You can bet that whatever AAA project they are working on won't be announced on PC.

Seanspeed

Banned
I agree with this. But I fear the PC version won't sell enough for Rockstar to stop treating the PC as tier 2 platform. You can bet that whatever AAA project they are working on won't be announced on PC.
No, this game alone probably wont do that, but I want it to at least do well enough that it's a step forward.

I don't quite buy that their next project wont be on PC, though. I do think PC gaming is still on the up and that it's a very silly market to ignore right now, especially for a very costly AAA game. There's a reason why PC gets more multiplatform games than ever.

Kezen

Banned
No, this game alone probably wont do that, but I want it to at least do well enough that it's a step forward.

I don't quite buy that their next project wont be on PC, though. I do think PC gaming is still on the up and that it's a very silly market to ignore right now, especially for a very costly AAA game. There's a reason why PC gets more multiplatform games than ever.

It may be a profibable market but that does not prevent a multiplatform game like Destiny to snob the PC. And unfortunately I don't think it will be the last one. Why haven't Rockstar ported RDR to PC for instance ? There seemed to be a reasonable demand for this game to be on PC yet nothing happened.

We can't have it all.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Well, it supports achievements, at least. But think of it along the lines of a Uplay game -- Social Club will be layered on top.
This likely explains why the game probably won't support family sharing. That's a shame because the one person I have been to share my account with I'm sure would at least want to see how the game runs on the rig that I sold him which more than exceeds the required spec in the recommended. I'm just excited to play it again because I haven't played it since I beat it on ps3.

I also imagine the game will be at least 15GB.

fantomena

It kinda drives me crazy how so many have pre-ordered the game already. For all we know the port could be one big pile of poop.

Dinjoralo

Well, one really big reason to buy from Steam or Rockstar Warehouse instead of some other place is that you won't be able to pre-load until launch day because that's when the keys will be sent to the stores.
Wait, what? The GMG page for the game claims you'll be able to preload prior to release. Why the fuck would they do this, are they just spiting people who bought the game at a discount?

cripterion

GTA V is a great game, well at least the single portion of it. I would love nothing more to enjoy myself with GTA Online but it's currently broken for me on console.
I want it to do well on pc too and I'm pretty sure that's the only version I would have bought if they had it released along the console versions but if they don't get the expected sales on pc it's on them and not on the "entitled" customer or piracy or whatever excuse they come up.

GTA IV had a rocky performance on pc, Max Payne 3 was fine but had no MP support whatsoever, it was and still is full of hackers making it a wasteland, they didn't bother to release Red Dead : Redemption on pc, the Rockstar DRM and its activation issues.
Can't feel they've been treating the pc fanbase too well... Now will they revamp the multiplayer systems in GTA V to make it a decent online experience for pc users? I sure hope so but it has yet to be seen, all I see is higher resolution and 60 fps talk which is a given considering we are on pc.

abracadaver

It kinda drives me crazy how so many have pre-ordered the game already. For all w eknow the port could be one big pile of poop.

Hey. I can do whatever the fuck I want with my money. I loved GTA V on 360 and now I want to play it again on my PC in 1080p with better graphics. I gladly paid the 60€ for the Steam version to have the game on Steam and to support Rockstar for bringing the game to PC.

Pachimari

Will I be able to play GTA V on max settings with 60fps on my computer?

GeForce GTX 780
Intel i5 4670K 4C/4T
16GB of RAM

fantomena

Hey. I can do whatever the fuck I want with my money. I loved GTA V on 360 and now I want to play it again on my PC in 1080p with better graphics. I gladly paid the 60€ for the Steam version to have the game on Steam and to support Rockstar for bringing the game to PC.

I never said "Don't use your money!!!!". I was thinking that it feels crazy that so many people are pre-rodering the game for full price when Rockstars history with PC has been pretty shit except for Max Payne 3.

Xyber

Wait, what? The GMG page for the game claims you'll be able to preload prior to release. Why the fuck would they do this, are they just spiting people who bought the game at a discount?

They probably make the most money from Steam and their own store, so they don't see a reason to let other people get keys earlier. This will most certainly get some people to buy a version they can pre-load instead.

Hopefully they come to their senses and sends out the keys this week at least, one of my friends is getting fucked because of this. He won't be able to play until the day after release because of his slow internet. =/

Will I be able to play GTA V on max settings with 60fps on my computer?

GeForce GTX 780
Intel i5 4670K 4C/4T
16GB of RAM

No.

No one knows, pointless to ask. Also, you probably won't.

Seanspeed

Banned
It may be a profibable market but that does not prevent a multiplatform game like Destiny to snob the PC. And unfortunately I don't think it will be the last one. Why haven't Rockstar ported RDR to PC for instance ? There seemed to be a reasonable demand for this game to be on PC yet nothing happened.

We can't have it all.
Of course we cant have it *all*, but I don't necessarily think there's any reason to suspect Rockstar are planning to snub the PC for their next project.

The RDR situation was complicated, apparently. We don't have a PC version for the same reason we probably wont ever see a next-gen remaster. Not every game ports easily and that studio was apparently brought through hell and back just for the 360/PS3 versions.

GTA V is a great game, well at least the single portion of it. I would love nothing more to enjoy myself with GTA Online but it's currently broken for me on console.
I want it to do well on pc too and I'm pretty sure that's the only version I would have bought if they had it released along the console versions but if they don't get the expected sales on pc it's on them and not on the "entitled" customer or piracy or whatever excuse they come up.

GTA IV had a rocky performance on pc, Max Payne 3 was fine but had no MP support whatsoever, it was and still is full of hackers making it a wasteland, they didn't bother to release Red Dead : Redemption on pc, the Rockstar DRM and its activation issues.
Can't feel they've been treating the pc fanbase too well... Now will they revamp the multiplayer systems in GTA V to make it a decent online experience for pc users? I sure hope so but it has yet to be seen, all I see is higher resolution and 60 fps talk which is a given considering we are on pc.
No, they haven't been treating the PC fanbase too well, because there hasn't been a huge business case for it. I think with the PC market on the up, there is a better one now, though. And the business case is not helped if they go throwing away tons of free copies.

You keep going on about multiplayer being broken on consoles or whatever and I know nothing about that. Frankly, you're the only person I've ever heard that from but I also haven't been keeping daily tabs on GTA V discussions for the past year and a half, either. I wouldn't expect them to go above and beyond what they've done for consoles, though. We'll be getting a port with a couple little graphical goodies, the film editor stuff and I would guess that's about it. And that's fine with me.

Kezen

Banned
Of course we cant have it *all*, but I don't necessarily think there's any reason to suspect Rockstar are planning to snub the PC for their next project.
The RDR situation was complicated, apparently. We don't have a PC version for the same reason we probably wont ever see a next-gen remaster. Not every game ports easily and that studio was apparently brought through hell and back just for the 360/PS3 versions.
That's where you and I are not on the same page. I firmly believe Rockstar will release a RDR remaster for next-gen because there is just too much money to be made, but will PC be invited to the party ? That's uncertain.

Top Bottom