• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.

ScRYeD

thundr51 said:
Is this still not working on steam?

I never played more than a couple of hours of this on 360 but I'd like to do a playthrough looking like this.

It should work on the steam version 1.0.4.0 and 1.0.7.0 also EFLC

just check a few pages back and search google lots of stuff about how to install and how to downgrade if need be.

some of the shots in this thread look amazing so i put the visualsettings.dat from the ice rar in the ps3 version to test it lol

top original
qa9Kh.jpg

sunny setting doesn't look that much different but the stormy and night setting looks much better as does the high speed motion blur. i wish we could get the full effect of this mod in the ps3 version :(

ss_lemonade

I'll be getting a 6970 by tomorrow if all goes well, replacing my gtx 275. Will I be getting worse performance lol? Its just that I keep reading about people getting bad framerates with amd cards

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Wax Free Vanilla said:
some of the shots in this thread look amazing so i put the visualsettings.dat from the ice rar in the ps3 version to test it lol

top original
qa9Kh.jpg

sunny setting doesn't look that much different but the stormy and night setting looks much better as does the high speed motion blur. i wish we could get the full effect of this mod in the ps3 version :(
That is pretty awesome.

How is the frame rate and I wonder if you can replace some more files on the ps3 version like car models etc.

Also if you can record a video of it running on ps3 that would be great.

imoTEP12

Playing GTA 4 with Icehancer and a couple of other mods make it feel like a whole new experience to me, such a great way to enhance an already great game.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
[Nintex] said:
I got it to work but only at 17fps or so HD5850 here, any way to improve the framerate?

Hmm, yeah that framerate does seem kinda low for that video card. Are you running triple screens?

Anyway, I was wondering....does anyone know of a way to play GTA IV online even with the xliveless.dll? I heard a rumor you can do it.

Alright, I have my doubts my computer will be able to run this, but will it?

Specs:
Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 220 2.8 Ghz
PSU: 220W
4 Gigs of RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5570 1 Gig GPU

ScRYeD

projectmayhem said:
What part of the .ini file deals with the grain? I need to turn it down.
Option.txt in gta's root folder. I dont have the file with me, it should be in the 1st set of settings in the file.

Reynbow

Neo Member
So the only issue I'm having now (which honestly doesn't bother me too much) is the cutscene brightness.
Is there a fix for this that anyone knows?

kHXuP.jpg

XNExn.jpg

Outside of cutscenes the game looks gorgeous, but along comes a cutscene and it's just... what the fuckery?

ScRYeD

WrikaWrek said:
Yes I did.
Try replacing the timecyc.dat in the pc/data folder(i think it's there) with the timecyc.dat in another folder your root folder. Sorry I cant remember what the folders called.

WrikaWrek

Banned
ScRYeD said:
Try replacing the timecyc.dat in the pc/data folder(i think it's there) with the timecyc.dat in another folder your root folder. Sorry I cant remember what the folders called.

The problem was with gamebooster. It was hard to get there!

ScRYeD

projectmayhem said:
Is there any vehicle mods you guys would recommend with this?

The only 2 cars I use at the moment are

Merc cl65 AMG
http://www.gta4-mods.com/vehicles/2010-mercedes-benz-cl65-amg-v15-f6182
and
Mitsubishi Evo X 08
http://www.gta4-mods.com/vehicles/mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-x-08-f5040

Soka said:
Yeah, would like to see more full res pics in here. Get to it guys!
I'll post a few more 1080 pics later, still havent got to tge city part yet, been busy getting my settings right.

grkazan12

Got 1.0.4.0 installed the other day and so far everything has been great. Simple in game trainer highly recommended, pretty cool stuff. 1.0.4.0 has been way better than 1.0.7.0 in terms of being compatible with the mods, plus I don't get the red sky glitch from end on 1.0.7.0. Oh yeah and damn is this game gorgeous. Down sampled but still awesome nonetheless.

5956238740_91fe758ced_b.jpg

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
projectmayhem said:
Is there any vehicle mods you guys would recommend with this?

That is a good question. I'd love to be able to drive for example, Ridge Racer cars :)

On a slightly different note, does anyone know if it's possible to play the game online even with the xliveless.dll?

Top Bottom