• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.

a1m

Banned
This is driving me nuts.

Could someone please share some configs so my picture wouldn't be so goddam DARK. It's BLACK no matter what I try to change. I've read through the Bay-site explaining all the parts and I've tried different .inis and everything but the environment is still dark as fuck.

This thread for example is full of awesome screenshot but not single one* of you share configs... AARGH.

*Tried Unicorn's, way too dark.

Couly

Neo Member
random shots
m8mujs.jpg

aa875x.jpg

24gkoj8.jpg

I think I killed the game. I installed iCEnhancer with all the supplemental mods from the README file and that all went well.

Now the game doesn't launch anymore though. It shows a DOS box and that exits after a few seconds and that's it. Was able to play the game perfectly before I installed anything.

Suggestions?

Sethos

Banned
a1m said:
This is driving me nuts.

Could someone please share some configs so my picture wouldn't be so goddam DARK. It's BLACK no matter what I try to change. I've read through the Bay-site explaining all the parts and I've tried different .inis and everything but the environment is still dark as fuck.

This thread for example is full of awesome screenshot but not single one* of you share configs... AARGH.

*Tried Unicorn's, way too dark.

Try this

http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/h1vltg3-final-icenhancer-125-modifed-settings-f9557

ScRYeD

Coldsnap said:
Anyone have luck running the Icehancer steam version without the download that turns off GFWL? I still want achievments...
Delete xliveless and download yaasil (yetanotherasiloader) and put the dsound.dll in place xliveleess.

a1m

Banned
Sethos said:
Thanks. Didn't remember that.

Now it looks quite good. Just a few questions. Why doesn't GTA use more than 45-50% of my CPU? It doesn't hit even close to max. Running Phenom II X6 1090T @ ~3.8GHz.

Also some of the buildings flicker, is this because of the shadows? I have to keep it at medium or the game is almost unplayable. Everything else on high or very high @ 1080p.

5965813803_ab6bd10cf3_b.jpg

Some photos.

5965813753_6a2d59e95f_b.jpg

5965813695_6c40b5e604_b.jpg

5965813641_d7cf81f408_b.jpg

5966369652_0aed5efbb8_b.jpg

Haven't installed better city textures or realism. Rig:

X6 1090T @ ~3.8GHz
HD6950 2GB @ 840/1305
2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz

Sethos

Banned
Yes, the flickering is because of the shadows, I got that too. There's only one way to get rid of it and that's setting shadows to Very High.

ScRYeD

a1m said:
Thanks. Didn't remember that.

Now it looks quite good. Just a few questions. Why doesn't GTA use more than 45-50% of my CPU? It doesn't hit even close to max. Running Phenom II X6 1090T @ ~3.8GHz.

Also some of the buildings flicker, is this because of the shadows? I have to keep it at medium or the game is almost unplayable. Everything else on high or very high @ 1080p.

Some photos.

Haven't installed better city textures or realism. Rig:

X6 1090T @ ~3.8GHz
HD6950 2GB @ 840/1305
2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz

What kinda framerate you get with that rig?

I got x6 1100T @ 3.8ghz
HD6970 2gb @ 965/1460
2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz

and i get like between 18~30 fps :(

i have like shadows to the extreme though and mostly everything is on high and above, haven't got any texture packs installed except for DKT10's road textures. Oh and some new settings from Packet Overload (www.facebook.com/packetoverloadx64bit).

a1m

Banned
ScRYeD said:
What kinda framerate you get with that rig?

I got x6 1100T @ 3.8ghz
HD6970 2gb @ 965/1460
2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz

and i get like between 18~30 fps :(

i have like shadows to the extreme though and mostly everything is on high and above, haven't got any texture packs installed except for DKT10's road textures. Oh and some new settings from Packet Overload (www.facebook.com/packetoverloadx64bit).
I don't know but it's playable. What I don't understand is when I run the benchmark test it says my CPU usage is around 30%. Why is that? Getting 35-40fps from the test.

Also how can I get rid of these. Tried changing the light and reflection settings but no go.

5966580888_e21b2ca45c_b.jpg

5966024627_6b83ae468c_b.jpg

5966580782_73838e0b4e_b.jpg

ScRYeD

a1m said:
I don't know but it's playable. What I don't understand is when I run the benchmark test it says my CPU usage is around 30%. Why is that? Getting 35-40fps from the test.

Also how can I get rid of these. Tried changing the light and reflection settings but no go.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/612/5966580888_e21b2ca45c_b.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6150/966024627_6b83ae468c_b.jpg[/MG]

[IMG]http://farm7.static.flickr./6022/5966580782_73838e0b4e_b.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]
I have no ideas about how to get rid of light thingoes, try messing with bloom settins maybe. iCEnhancer has it's own fps counter, press the * key on the number pad of your keyboard.

Sethos

Banned
So, had some spare time this morning and got quite a few cars replaced, a well-rounded assortment of cars. Closing in on halfway done with the replacement of every car.

829647262.png
278205054.png
782842244.png
183610596.png

112076441.png
680273767.png

373500350.png
881972836.png

765736707.png
412850456.png

334516879.png
313934836.png

858957379.png
303163836.png

534510850.png
428331635.png

585806055.png
155380131.png

747285131.png
546786164.png

Pack is coming along nicely.

ScRYeD

Sethos said:
So, had some spare time this morning and got quite a few cars replaced, a well-rounded assortment of cars. Closing in on halfway done with the replacement of every car.

Pack is coming along nicely.

Like the others i cannot wait for this pack to be finished, so far looking extremely good.

Here is a video of this car. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riCaeg_wbLM - Yes i know i cannot drive in this game at all.

303163836.png
ice2011_7_21_20_5_36uop8.png
ice2011_7_21_20_6_52fpkx.png

ScRYeD

Ford Falcon XR8 downloaded from somewhere on GTAinside.com

1987 Mercedes–Benz w126 560SEC downloaded from somewhere on GTAinside.com

Sethos

Banned
Admiral – Done
AirTug
Ambulance - Done
Banshee - Done
Benson
Biff
Blista Compact – Done
Bobcat
Boxville
Buccaneer
Burrito
Bus - Done
Cabby
Cavalcade
Cavalcade FXT
Chavos
Cognoscenti - Done
Comet - Done
Contender - Done
Coquette - Done
DF8-90 - Done
Dilettante
Dukes
Emperor
Emperor Rusty
Enforcer
Esperanto - Done
Faction
Feltzer – Done
Feroci - Done
Feroci VIP
FIB Buffalo
Firetruck
Flatbed
FlyUS Feroci
FlyUS Perannial
Forklift
Fortune – Done
Futo – Done
Futo GT
Habanero - Done
Hakumai
Huntley Sport - Done
Infernus - Done
Ingot - Done
Intruder - Done
Landstalker - Done
Laundromat
Lokus
Manana
Marbelle
Merit
Minivan
Moonbeam
Mr. Tasty
Mule
Noose Cruiser
Noose Patriot - Done
Oracle - Done
Packer
Patriot - Done
Perennial
Payote
Phantom
Pinnacle
PMP 600
Police Cruiser - Done
Police Patrol - Done
Police Stockade
Pony
Premier
Presidente - Done
Primo
Rancher – Done
Rebla - Done
Ripley
Roman’s Taxi
Romero
Ruiner
Sabre
Sabre Rusty
SabreGT- Done
Schafter - Done
Securicar
Sentinel
Sentinel XS
Solair
Speedo
Stallion - Done
Steed
Stratum – Done
Stretch - Done
Sultan - Done
Sultan RS - Done
Super GT - Done
Taxi
Taxi ( Merit )
Trashmaster
Turismo – Done
Urnaus
Vigero - Done
Vigero Rusty
Vincent - Done
Virgo
Voodoo
Washington
Willard - Done
Yankee

Annihilator - Done
Maverick – Done
Police Maverick - Done

This is my list so far, bikes and boats not included.

Jobacca

Neo Member
Fixed my night time. Now day time, its way too bright. I messed with the settings and I also downloaded the one from the link earlier but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Sethos

Banned
Jobacca said:
Fixed my night time. Now day time, its way too bright. I messed with the settings and I also downloaded the one from the link earlier but to no avail. Any suggestions?

You moved your filelist.pak from common/data into pc/data and replaced the existing?

Oh and great news on the car mod, I had to start over. I was happily going along, installing the cars as usual when I suddenly got an RC20 with an "Unknown Resource Detected - Please Reinstall" - So I reverted back one car that caused it, still the same. Went back 2-3 cars, still the same. I added the vanilla vehicles.img and slowly started adding all the cars back into it which I exported from the old vehicles.img and it worked for the first 4 until I got the same error again, on cars that already worked!

So I re-installed and starting over. Not too bad as the other one was getting a bit messy and I have the file of all the cars I should replace. Now I'll do it very slow, tune the handling when I install the car and keep a backup each time I add and rebuild the vehicles.img.

That set me back a few days / weeks.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
This mod runs like shit on my 5870m. Much worse than the normal game. Something must be up with my ini file, or something is on that is fucking things up.

Sethos

Banned
The Black Brad Pitt said:
This mod runs like shit on my 5870m. Much worse than the normal game. Something must be up with my ini file, or something is on that is fucking things up.

Obviously a mod that improves graphics by 10x will make the game run that much worse :p

What graphics settings are you guys using in the game menu?

If I have any shadows enabled at all it kills my performance.
As for the sliders everything about about 50 and other settings on high not very high.

Sethos

Banned
TheVampire said:
What graphics settings are you guys using in the game menu?

If I have any shadows enabled at all it kills my performance.
As for the sliders everything about about 50 and other settings on high not very high.

My settings;

663488390.png

Texture Quality doesn't go higher than that, Water at Medium because everything higher looks worse, sliders at 70 because everything over just starts to ruin performance, Traffic Density at 30, don't like it higher because roads get clogged up so fast and it just kills the driving experience and Vsync off as on just makes the game run extremely sluggish for some reason and adds a slight input lag.

Sethos said:
My settings;

663488390.png

Texture Quality doesn't go higher than that, Water at Medium because everything higher looks worse, sliders at 70 because everything over just starts to ruin performance, Traffic Density at 30, don't like it higher because roads get clogged up so fast and it just kills the driving experience and Vsync off as on just makes the game run extremely sluggish for some reason and adds a slight input lag.

What patch are you using and are you using that enb AA which makes the screen huge and downsizes or just FXAA?

Sethos

Banned
TheVampire said:
What patch are you using and are you using that enb AA which makes the screen huge and downsizes or just FXAA?

1.0.4.0 and I'm just using iCEnhancer with H1Vltg3's settings and SSAO off. Best compromise between looks and excellent performance. So that's FXAA.

Am I the only one who likes Vehicle Density cranked up to 100? I'm actually from/live in NYC so I suppose that may be the reason (authenticity, to a degree)...

Sethos

Banned
Revolutionary said:
Am I the only one who likes Vehicle Density cranked up to 100? I'm actually from/live in NYC so I suppose that may be the reason (authenticity, to a degree)...

Nah, doubt you are the only one, people rarely are. I'm from a quiet country and a tiny boring town so seeing a lot of cars is almost scary for me :p Plus I like to haul ass on the roads, not have to use the sidewalks as my primary driving route through the time.

Red

Revolutionary said:
Same man, grew up in Astoria and seeing only a few cars make Liberty City feel like a ghost town.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Revolutionary said:

Depends on how I'm playing. If I'm doing missions then lower is better, but I don't like empty roads when I'm playing in my "realistic" mode, obeying speed limits and actually paying attention to those colored lights in the sky and such

Sethos

Banned
learnedhand said:
I'm using icenhancer 1.2. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to trying version 1.25?

Better lighting, much less flare, less washed out colour, better default trees and improved Blur / DoF.

Couly

Neo Member
The detail in this game is incredible. I went on a 30 minute walk, and it's stunning. I'm playing through it again for the 4th time.

ScRYeD

zazrx said:
I have the Steam version of the game. Do I just follow the quoted guide in the OP?

Depends on if you want to run it on 1.0.7.0 or 1.0.4.0, 1.0.7 should be just a copy paste and 1.0.4 is a little different yo will have to downgrade the steam version (don't ask me how).

I haven't been able to post much since i had some GPU related problems, it's now all fixed. Also OC'd my CPU to 4ghz, GTA still runs like crap but better than before and a new post on iCE's blog.

Downsampled

Original

Top Bottom