• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.

Dibbz

Yo Gaf, I have downgraded my Steam version and guess what? On the menu I dont have the option to choose GTA EFLC anymore :(

Makes sense since you've downgraded to a point when GTA 4 didn't have the DLC. You can still launch EFLC from steam though so it's not a problem.

Thanks for the info, I'm a total noob at pc gaming in general. That said, with the downgrade, I have no graphical problems anymore. Icenhancer 2.1 looks amazing, feels like it is a whole different game. Too bad I cant maximize all the specs with 1Gb vram. :/

What are the best icenhancer versions according to Gaf?

Dibbz

Thanks for the info, I'm a total noob at pc gaming in general. That said, with the downgrade, I have no graphical problems anymore. Icenhancer 2.1 looks amazing, feels like it is a whole different game. Too bad I cant maximize all the specs with 1Gb vram. :/

What are the best icenhancer versions according to Gaf?

It's down to personal preference really. Some like 1.35 more than the latest (2.1)

Back up your GTA folders in you steam directory and then install 1.35 and see what you think. Then try out 2.1. If you have any problems you have your backup that can get you back to your default settings.

Sokantish

Anyone know if it's suppose to look like this or did I just do something horribly wrong? I downloaded the lastest version of the ICEnhancer thing and followed all the instructions and ended up with this

SCREENSHOT said:
gtascreenshotp8jbb.png

It's so bright and washed out. Should I use a different version of the enhancer or did I just really screw something up?

Sethos

Banned
Hey Sethos, would you mind sharing your finding about your custom ENB/Ice when you're done with it :) ?

Yeah if I can get the DoF I want implemented, I guess i can justify releasing the config(s)

Anyone know if it's suppose to look like this or did I just do something horribly wrong? I downloaded the lastest version of the ICEnhancer thing and followed all the instructions and ended up with this

It's so bright and washed out. Should I use a different version of the enhancer or did I just really screw something up?

Either you hit foggy weather or you forgot to install Xliveless.

Razek

Banned
I've wanted to jump in on this ever since this thread was first posted. You guys seriously make this game look amazing!

I'm sure this has been asked, but if I only own the steam EFLC is this possible to get working with enb, and halfway decent looking at that?

PowerK

In my opinion, L3EVO (2012 NY) v1.2 NVidia probably is the best *if* it can be combined with subtle HQ DoF from iCEnhancer 1.25

Does anyone know of a way to combine them ? L3EVO (2012 NY) v1.2 NVidia + HQ DoF from iCEnhancer 1.25

Karak

My lord 1.25 is godly looking. I am not sure why but after comparing them all. 1.25 is just amazing. I luckly have had only 4-7 instances of a lightbloom explosion, for the entire time I played this weekend it was flawless.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I installed 1.25, and suddenly I can't view any menu items. It seems like, other than that, the mod works alright. I mean, my framerate is balls now, but that's to be expected.

Tried 2.1, same thing. (except now it looked shitty)

Also, I encountered a really strange glitch where the camera started severely wobbling around, like on a really fast carnival ride or something. It was insane and I couldn't get it to stop. Either way, I think I'm done with this mod unless I can figure out how to make menu items not invisible - I can't even change from these awful controls.

Monarch

Banned
I installed 1.25, and suddenly I can't view any menu items. It seems like, other than that, the mod works alright. I mean, my framerate is balls now, but that's to be expected.

Also, I encountered a really strange glitch where the camera started severely wobbling around, like on a really fast carnival ride or something. It was insane and I couldn't get it to stop. Either way, I think I'm done with this mod unless I can figure out how to make menu items not invisible - I can't even change from these awful controls.

Download this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?futz7h44s425gz6
Extract it in the Steam\SteamApps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV\common\dat folder, making sure you replace and erase the old files.

About your glitch, check if any OC utility/D3DOverrider is running, if that's the case close them and try again, see if it helps

As above user said, replace fond dat. Had the same problem. Using xliveless?

Sethos

Banned
Finally found my DoF solution, used another custom Ice config's iceshader from 2.0n, which has the DoF I want plus it has both the bright colour settings and slightly washed out look that I like. Now I need to implement SMAA properly. Even running 40-50FPS.

Driving around mah' beemer ( Both of the daylight pictures are at dawn or dusk, so doesn't really show off the full daylight brightness - More the yellow tint dusk brightness )

iboNsth7WPqz8.png

ibnlqyBIiGtECZ.png

ixTh6jGSeVtY9.png

Man my own config is slowly becoming quite the hack job :p

Finally found my DoF solution, used another custom Ice config's iceshader from 2.0n, which has the DoF I want plus it has both the bright colour settings and slightly washed out look that I like. Now I need to implement SMAA properly. Even running 40-50FPS.

Driving around mah' beemer ( Both of the daylight pictures are at dawn or dusk, so doesn't really show off the full daylight brightness - More the yellow tint dusk brightness )

iboNsth7WPqz8.png

ibnlqyBIiGtECZ.png

ixTh6jGSeVtY9.png

Man my own config is slowly becoming quite the hack job :p

Looks good Sethos! Man I can't seem to hit night in the game. I kileld myself, got arrested, how many hours pass in game when you get killed/arrested?

PowerK

With SSAA forced + everything maxed + L3EVO (and iCEnhancer) at 2560x1600, the graphics fidelity is stunning. Love super-sampling AA.

These are screenshots from early in the game. No mods except for iCEnhancer 1.25 or L3EVO (2012 NY) v1.2 NVidia.

ipRvuCxYcqqbR.png

ibubzEvujFq6gR.png

iM55HrkMyTwTV.png

i2nd4Hh0HVhg5.png

iDYPx6NZ9mJ1c.png

ibm8ZMWPxozfHG.png

ibjGe8xMmRBXko.png

ibafnWpxCh3TQW.png

iGjOBMHsw2wjz.png

ipATyYlJEuo8E.png

ibzHu0wCszFfam.png

Sethos

Banned
Few more from my current config, might have to tweak the washed out look in the daylight hours just a tad.

( Road texture is messed up at this corner, apparently )

ibg8aQJDdCY5ht.png

ibcUhwvXVOElks.png

ibkJqJZY9mTse4.png

ibwyEsJizIlWqg.png

Senaxx

Banned
Few more from my current config, might have to tweak the washed out look in the daylight hours just a tad.

( Road texture is messed up at this corner, apparently )

*snip *

What version are you using? and care to share your modified configs? I've got a dual 6970 waiting to show something this awesome :)

Horns

Damn Sethos, that last picture is pretty unbelievable. I just played through GTA IV on 360 again. The difference between the "vanilla" console version and a modded PC version is unbelievable.

Sethos

Banned
What version are you using? and care to share your modified configs? I've got a dual 6970 waiting to show something this awesome :)

2.1, some 1.35 settings, 2.0 customized shader from another guy.

And yeah, will be releasing it for those interested once I'm happy with it.

Sethos

Banned
Gonna be a double post here, would the people interested in my quick config mishmash want me to drop in all the necessary files like Xliveless plus Scripthooks, ASI loaders, first person mod and a trainer?

Thrakier

I tried to install 2.1 on 1.0.7 steam version. Game works fine but looks horrible. Aliasing all over the place and the colors are totally wrong and way too bright. That can't be right. What did I do wrong?

Tattooth

I tried to install 2.1 on 1.0.7 steam version. Game works fine but looks horrible. Aliasing all over the place and the colors are totally wrong and way too bright. That can't be right. What did I do wrong?

There is a less saturated version of 2.1 which I think looks much better. 2.1 has SMAA and you can add FXAA. But unless you want to downsample or use SGSSAA, prepare for jaggies.

curttard

Banned
Gonna be a double post here, would the people interested in my quick config mishmash want me to drop in all the necessary files like Xliveless plus Scripthooks, ASI loaders, first person mod and a trainer?

Definitely anything necessary for sure. Don't really care about first person or trainers personally, but I bet many do.

Thrakier

There is a less saturated version of 2.1 which I think looks much better. 2.1 has SMAA and you can add FXAA. But unless you want to downsample or use SGSSAA, prepare for jaggies.

Vanilla version looked much more jaggie less with SMAA injector. Anyway, this is how it looks for me. That can't be right:

Sethos

Banned
So here it is, I'm not promising perfection but it's based on settings I like. Do not download this if you dislike the dynamic DoF that's based on what you are looking at. For normal gameplay it can be a bit distracting, I love it for taking picture and enjoying graphics. Included Xliveless, first person mod and the trainer ( Read the readme for any additional info ). It's not worlds apart from 2.1, so don't expect anything huge.

It's using the default SMAA from 2.1

EDIT: New version
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hasau6j5bc9uac9

iNa55DkSsjeow.png

iz5zl0xwwWgqQ.png

iJo3PmHFwHm2u.png

ibtRPqqAFs6PEu.png

ibo9d0Wfnrkl72.png

ibwdkdsXDbNa7W.png

Tattooth

So here it is, I'm not promising perfection but it's based on settings I like. Do not download this if you dislike the dynamic DoF that's based on what you are looking at. For normal gameplay it can be a bit distracting, I love it for taking picture and enjoying graphics. Included Xliveless, first person mod and the trainer ( Read the readme for any additional info ). It's not worlds apart from 2.1, so don't expect anything huge.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ys5mcx4jxvvsd8m

I really love the changes, but how to I get rid of the DOF, but the game doesn't run as smooth with it on.

Time to install GTAIV again!

Thrakier

Sethos, yours isnt working with 1.0.7 from Steam. Game is crashing.

Official 2.1 is working but can someone please tell me why it looks as shitty as shown on the page before?

EDIT

Well, this is great, official 2.1 isn't wokring anymore either after Sethos patch. How do I uninstall that stuff??

Sethos

Banned
Why? 2.1 is working with 0.7.0.

"working", as in a cut down butchered version. ENB will never be fully functional ( as in, all effects ) with 1.0.7.0. Waste of time to do anything with that patch.

Thanks for the file Sethos.

Unfortunately the game just random stops responding pretty much as soon as it starts. Running the 1.0.4.0 patch, no files changed or anything. Baffled.

Shame, I did a clean install of GTA IV and used the package I made to make sure, works perfectly. Could be the scripthooks etc. as they require updated frameworks, C++ redists and stuff like that ... Hmm.

I can try doing a package without all the added stuff.

Shame, I did a clean install of GTA IV and used the package I made to make sure, works perfectly. Could be the scripthooks etc. as they require updated frameworks, C++ redists and stuff like that ... Hmm.

I can try doing a package without all the added stuff.

Ah that would be much appreciated. If it's too much trouble then don't worry about it.

@ Sethos,

Aha, you got it working for me. I had Evga Precision X working, and as soon as I turned it off it worked. With a slight issue though, there is a fps drop every 5-7 seconds. Like a hiccup, and is super distracting. Sigh.

So I tried the other file you provided me with, to see if anything would change. The hiccup goes, but the framerate drops around 5-8 frames? Lol weird right. So yeah, between a rock and a massive fat bolder it seems.

And like a couple others, the dynamic dof is too much for me. :(

Thanks.

Top Bottom