• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTR2 Scans

Gek54

Due out this summer.

gtr2.jpg
gtr2-2.jpg

gtr2-3.jpg
gtr2-4.jpg

gtr2-6.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
hot. this is a series i'd kill to see on a next gen console

thorns

Banned
Their next game is pretty much coming to X360 and PS3 I think.

[Simbin are developers of GTR]

The part that is new and especially interesting about this deal is that for the future, SimBin and MoTeC will together integrate more of real racing telemetry functions into the next generation consoles. The general idea is to let people swap and exchange files on their consoles, where all data can be compared and recreated in the game, and that people will use this to analyse their driving techniques and help their friends improve by swapping these files. New is also that SimBin for future PC productions will be using a new Interpreter software release from MoTeC, which contains a lot of news and a new graphical design, more user friendly but yet functional. This will soon be released by MoTeC.

Addition: They seem to have also gotten some major funding now and are up to 70+ people, and just opened a new office here in Gothenburg.

Another comment:

This game is being made by Simbin in name, but not in spirit. Pretty much the whole crew that made GTR 2002, GTR, and GTL (i.e. the real Simbin) have defected to Blimey Games.

This game is being made by the 'new' Simbin, who said their main focus would be consoles. I'm preparing myself for an absolutely massive disappointment with this game.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

So long as they don't simplify it for console users (and I *know* they won't), I have no problem with console fans finally getting a real sim.

Edit: Just read that. Looks like console fans MIGHT not finally get a real sim.

Gek54

This game is being made by Simbin in name, but not in spirit. Pretty much the whole crew that made GTR 2002, GTR, and GTL (i.e. the real Simbin) have defected to Blimey Games.

Ouch ouch ouch. Hopefully the core physics and force feedback wont get dumbed down.

I wonder what went down.

Shinobi

Teknopathetic said:
So long as they don't simplify it for console users (and I *know* they won't), I have no problem with console fans finally getting a real sim.

Edit: Just read that. Looks like console fans MIGHT not finally get a real sim.

:lol

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I hope this comes to next gen consoles. The Xbox port of the original never happened but I'll keep my fingers crossed for this one as GTR was so much better than Forza and GT4.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
By the time this comes out rFactor's overall quality as a game, with all the cool car and track mods coming, will be king of the hill.

Gek54

Good news, Blimey is developing GTR2 under a Simbin contract.

After the fracture that ripped through SimBin's ranks last year, in October we reported that a new development team called Blimey! Games was formed (headed by former SimBin CEO, Ian Bell) and had started work on the GTR 2 sequel. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore, as the ever-expanding publisher 10tacle Studios has just announced that, together with SimBin, is working on the same GTR 2, planning to release it in the Summer of 2006. Furthermore, every trace of GTR 2 was wiped from Blimey! Games' website, and now we're waiting for a response from them to clear up this confusion.
In the meanwhile, 10tacle and SimBin are promising that their new racing simulator will be built on a new DirectX 9 graphics engine, sporting an improved driving model and damage system, along with a day-night cycle and moody weather changes. The first screenshots can now be seen here.

UPDATE: We managed to get in touch with Blimey! Games' CEO, Ian Bell, who informed us that his studio is indeed working on GTR 2, but under contract for the game's "official developer", SimBin, who still owns the intellectual property of the FIA GT series. The agreement between the two companies stipulates that Blimey! Games is doing "additional production" on GTR 2, although "additional" really is a euphemistic way of putting it... Bah, bureaucracy: can't live with it, and just you dare live without it!

Link

op_ivy

Shinobi said:
Sweet looking trailer...hopefully it hits PS3 and 360.

yup. consoles need some real sim games damnit. oh, and a ff wheel is a must (360, i'm looking at you)

Shinobi

op_ivy said:
yup. consoles need some real sim games damnit. oh, and a ff wheel is a must (360, i'm looking at you)

MS can't be stupid enough to forego a FF wheel a second time around. Though with the amount of 360 missteps they've taken so far, I'm probably giving them too much credit.

op_ivy

Shinobi said:
MS can't be stupid enough to forego a FF wheel a second time around. Though with the amount of 360 missteps they've taken so far, I'm probably giving them too much credit.

i'd be interested to know the market for a wheel. anyone have sales data for the DFP and/or the forza wheel?

Gek54

op_ivy said:
i'd be interested to know the market for a wheel. anyone have sales data for the DFP and/or the forza wheel?

Found this from an old article .

Not surprisingly, this more natural, more intuitive, and more precise game controller actually allows gamers to leave their gamepad-wielding competitors in the dust, making the Logitech Driving Force Pro an indispensable part of playing Gran Turismo 4.

Sales data supports this point. Even at a retail price of $149 (the same price as a PlayStation 2 system and three times more than Gran Turismo 4 itself), the attach rate is close to 6%, meaning roughly 1 in 16 people who buy Gran Turismo 4 also buy a Logitech Driving Force Pro. Additionally, there is a hefty installed base of several hundred thousand older Logitech GT Force and Logitech Driving Force steering wheels that also benefit from the special force feedback steering wheel support in Gran Turismo 4 (source: NPD Funworld).

LAMBO

op_ivy said:

I'm sure logitech would love to make one for the 360, it can't be too much extra work. I wonder why MS doesn't like wheels.

Top Bottom