• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV Slowly Unveiling E3 Special Line-Up (~14 Reveals)

dsister44 said:
Zelda ect. nintendo aint gunna tell anyone jack shit before the conference.

why dont nintendo work with western media as much? im guessing it's because they dont like leaks and becasue they are so japaneese

no idea. but it does have a detrimental effect with the shitter magazines and sites like gamepro and gameinformer

Nizz

abundant said:
Correct. The other four press conferences (Sony, Nintendo, Ubi, & EA) will be aired on G4 commercial free.
Figures, I only have Spike HD (I don't get G4). I'm still watching the pre/post Microsoft conference itself though. This is an exciting time, E3 time. :D

Omiee

geoff i dont know if your gonna respond to this one but ill try.

hwo do the exclusives that you guys still have to announce stack up to the things you have already confirmed liked killzone 3.

will any of the suprises top killzone 3 gears of war 3 etc

Pooya

V_Ben said:
Mattrick_web.jpg

He's Always Watching...
Oh, he's too ugly from up close, man look at those teeth.

FrankT

Probably pass on this one. Way too commercially on the last few and not worth the shortest clips typically. Although if this is the first play to get a decent look at Gears 3 then maybe. I figure a live showing a few days later anyhow.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Anyone remember how long MS's conference was last year? I missed the beginning so I don't remember.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Kagari said:
Anyone remember how long MS's conference was last year? I missed the beginning so I don't remember.
The same length as this one (90 minutes).

The differences this year are the pre show, the post show, and the Natal special.

Mikey Jr.

geoffmk said:
I am sure Sony has more news for the press conference. I actually like how they treat e3 as a month long campaign versus focusing everything into one briefing. Look at last year - Uncharted was shown well before e3 but still won game of the show and had new content in the briefing. Each company has a different philosophy for e3. But I am sure everyone will have a surprise or two saved for the show.

I can see why they do it from a publisher stand point. It makes sure all games get equal coverage instead of being bombarded with massive game after massive game into 2 hours.

But...

The whole fun of E3 conferences are the surprises. And not little surprises like some downloadable game no ones ever heard of, but BIG games you had an inkling about, but no real evidence, just your gut.

Imagine Jack Tretton started off the E3 by showing LPB2 gameplay with it being brand new to everyone, showing how you can create games and all that. Crowd goes wild. Settles. Infamous 2 gameplay out of nowhere. Ho shit! Infamous 2! Fuck yeah! Motorstorm 3 comes out with gameplay. Looks awesome. At the end of the show, Killzone 3! Unexpected. Ok, amazing trailer. But expected gameplay. Seb comes out and starts playing it. Dear God!

Crowd has heart attack and dies.

Thats what makes it fun, for me atleast. But now I'm going into E3 knowing about a lot of these games that are high profile for Sony, and the surprise is kinda gone. I'm sure there will be other surprises like Starhawk or Twisted Metal, but ehhh. I would have preferred these were given coverage and KZ2, LPB2, and Infamous 2 left for E3.

Anyways, thats my 2 cents.

And Geoff, I look forward to your guys streaming. I'll admit, last year wasn't great for me. There were some technical glitches and lag, so I eventually switched streams. Glad to hear its going to be better.

Although I will admit your flash isn't the greatest.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How long is the Sony Conference? 2 hours?

Also, Gamespot is airing the conferences live right?

Omiee said:
geoff i dont know if your gonna respond to this one but ill try.

hwo do the exclusives that you guys still have to announce stack up to the things you have already confirmed liked killzone 3.

will any of the suprises top killzone 3 gears of war 3 etc

You're better off not asking, there's no counting the number of times Geoff's hyped up utterly disappointing damp squib reveals.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Geoff should have asked: Do you have any new PS3 exclusives besides Infamous 2/Killzone 3/Socom 4/Resistance 3/LittleBigPlanet 2/Motorstorm 3? :p

V_Ben

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
They show Reach, Gears and GT5 but they don't mentioned that they'll be showing anything for them (although every other game shown in the preview is going to be shown). Scott Pilgrim vs. The World will also be unveiled. It's also mentioned that one of the most legendary names in gaming will be unveiling his top secret project.

hmm.

- Ken Levine?
- Jaffe? :lol

Edit: Also, Scot Pilgrim is a timed PSN exclusive.

jett

D-Member
SolidSnakex said:
New preview trailer for the show

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-315-gametrailers-tv/101086

They show Reach, Gears and GT5 but they don't mentioned that they'll be showing anything for them (although every other game shown in the preview is going to be shown). Scott Pilgrim vs. The World will also be unveiled. It's also mentioned that one of the most legendary names in gaming will be unveiling his top secret project.

Itagaki?

Jordan Mechner's new Karateka game?

Eh?

Knowing Keighley it's probably from someone nobody gives two shits about.

geoffmk

Geoff Keighley
jett said:
Itagaki?

Jordan Mechner's new Karateka game?

Eh?

Knowing Keighley it's probably from someone nobody gives two shits about.

You don't know me very well! :lol :lol :lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
SolidSnakex said:

Find out why in 6 or 7 hours.

SolidSnakex said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397586 ?

Cyberia

Keighley already confirmed that there will be NO Xbox 360 exclusives on the show.

lots of multiplatform Xbox games. For first party stuff you gotta watch the briefing live on Spike and the pre/post show.

FrankT

Cyberia said:
Keighley already confirmed that there will be NO Xbox 360 exclusives on the show.

Ah that's what I figured. Why not wait a couple of days to show your big stuff. See ya on Monday then. Oh and I could certainly see that guest as being Jaffe.

Top Bottom