• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTX 970 Class Action Settlement website is live

Machina

Banned
"Hey, we sold you a technically defective product. You can't get anything back for that though, because you don't live in the one country that is being reimbursed which also happens to be the one that may elect Donald Trump in 4 days"

This world, man.

hoserx

I check my mailbox every day. Had four gtx 970s overall...... Haha. My girlfriend and I are going out to a nice restaurant on nvidia the night those checks arrive.

mrlion

"Hey, we sold you a technically defective product. You can't get anything back for that though, because you don't live in the one country that is being reimbursed which also happens to be the one that may elect Donald Trump in 4 days"

This world, man.

I read this and its hilarious now.

ZOONAMI

Is it weird that I did not have to submit proof of purchase to submit my claim for 2 cards purchased from newegg?

Shikoba

Glad I saw this topic. Might as well submit one, as I did order one between those dates. I've gone ahead and done it. Thanks!

Still garbage that this doesn't apply to Canadians and everyone else outside the US.

So contact whatever legal organization handles these things in your country. This is the result of a United States legal issue thus it wouldn't apply to anywhere else in the world.

ScaredHitless

Neo Member
Thankful this got bumped today. I had been sitting on my claim form for the past few months. Would have likely forgotten about it had it not been for GAF.

Jag

Same, but the file upload thing doesn't seem to be working for me. Guess I'm mailing this in today.

Didn't work on Firefox, so switched to IE which was also a little wonky using the uploader, but it looks like it worked.

Justinh

Didn't work on Firefox, so switched to IE which was also a little wonky using the uploader, but it looks like it worked.

Now I'm worried. I'm sure I did this and uploaded stuff fine and I used a firefox fork (it would've been either waterfox or palemoon). I hope everything went alright though, since I don't remember hearing back for a while.

edit: Oh, I just found this "receipt" thing with a claim number and my info on it. I guess it went alright. I only included 2 device numbers looks like copy/paste fail-only 1, but 3 sales invoices as the third was a gift for Pop. I think I'll be aight...

I forgot when the deadline was, and was actually just wondering what was going on with all this stuff just a couple days ago.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Is it weird that I did not have to submit proof of purchase to submit my claim for 2 cards purchased from newegg?

I'm on the same boat. Received newegg mail about the claim and never heard from them again. I just summit my claim using links provided by Jag. Thx guys for the heads up....

Meia

Never got any sort of notification from Newegg about this. Gonna fill it out anyway.

I didn't get one from newegg I don't think, but I got an email with a claim number at the beginning of October, and entering in the number on the site had my name/shipping address used for that order already filled in on the next page, so was pretty much good to go.

And yes, thanks for the bump as I would have neglected to do this probably.

How about those prices though? I initially thought that this was related to that. I mean they're charging how much for a 980 as compared to a 1070/1080?

Good news to those that can get a cool 30 bucks.

prag16

Banned
This is the newest topic on this that I could find, so sorry for the necrobump...

...but has anybody gotten their $30 yet? I had thought some info on it had said January or February, but nothing yet...

The Settlement, including payment of any Cash Payment, is subject to final Court approval. If the Court approves the Settlement, KCC, the Court-appointed Settlement Administrator will then advise NVIDIA of the amount of cash needed to satisfy all valid and timely claims. NVIDIA will then deposit such amounts with KCC within 14 days of the notification from KCC of the amounts to be paid. KCC will then pay out all valid and timely claims within 30 days of receiving such amounts from NVIDIA, subject to the Settlement becoming Effective, as fully defined in the Settlement Agreement.

The final court approval was supposed to be in December.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is the newest topic on this that I could find, so sorry for the necrobump...

...but has anybody gotten their $30 yet? I had thought some info on it had said January or February, but nothing yet...

The final court approval was supposed to be in December.

You may be thinking of my post in an earlier thread that was bumped back in February:

any news on when the settlement checks will actually be sent out?

They should have been sent out no later than January 20th (December 7th approval date + 14 days for Nvidia to send the money to KCC + 30 days for KCC to distribute it), but it seems nobody has received one yet. KCC may be able to tell you more; it set up a website for the case and there's a number you can call.

He neither responded nor got back to me via PM, so I've no idea if he took the advice (I presume he saw it, at the very least, as I replied just 10 minutes after he posted) or simply decided that $30 wasn't worth the hassle.

jb1234

Got really excited for this, went to the website and quickly realized this was a bumped thread because the deadline has passed. Goddamnit.

Big Nikus

It sucks that it's US only.
I could definitely use 30$, if only to
buy some loot boxes for this fucking unfair Uprising event.

Top Bottom