• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTX 970 Class Action Settlement website is live

mazillion

I definitely remember signing up for this, but I don't have an email of any kind that would indicate I did. I searched Gmail for the words "settlement," "claim," "GTX," "970," everything I could think of and nothing came up. Anyone else get a check that didn't get an email at all?
I still haven't received mine yet (southeast) but I never actually got an email confirmation about the settlement.

After I finished the claim the webpage that had my claim number also had messages like "Please print this page and retain it for your records" and "Please print this page as your receipt". So I print-screened and emailed it to myself. That's the only thing in my inbox I could find about this. If I never emailed it to myself I would've lost all proof as far as i can tell.

mrlion

I didn't sign up lol I mean these kinds of settlements are cool but its too much of a hassle for 30 dollars when I spent like what? 300 on the damn thing?

hoserx

I didn't sign up lol I mean these kinds of settlements are cool but its too much of a hassle for 30 dollars when I spent like what? 300 on the damn thing?

Too much of a hassle? It took me about 3 minutes to upload pics of UPCs and invoices.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Signed up for this as well. Live in Detroit, Michigan. Nothing yet. Did fill out everything
and got to the page that said "print this page for your records". If I get it, cool. If not, won't lose sleep over it. $30 would be nice though to put towards a game. Perhaps they're just mailing them out pretty slow. Let's face it, there were probably hundreds of thousands of claims I'd imagine.

MTC100

Banned
I don't care about the drama, my card still works perfectly fine and is doing a great job in 1080p and will most likely continue to do so for the rest of the PS4 generation. It's nice for people that actually get some money back that way, I got the Witcher III for free with my card so I can't complain at all.

CHECK FINALLY CAME!!
wlvince2.gif

I don't care about the drama, my card still works perfectly fine and is doing a great job in 1080p and will most likely continue to do so for the rest of the PS4 generation. It's nice for people that actually get some money back that way, I got the Witcher III for free with my card so I can't complain at all.

Yeah, I love my GTX 970. Its worked great for me. I also got Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight for free with mine. I also got the other Batman games for free because of all of Arkham Knights problems. So its definitely been a great value for me.

Signed up for this as well. Live in Detroit, Michigan. Nothing yet. Did fill out everything
and got to the page that said "print this page for your records". If I get it, cool. If not, won't lose sleep over it. $30 would be nice though to put towards a game. Perhaps they're just mailing them out pretty slow. Let's face it, there were probably hundreds of thousands of claims I'd imagine.

Also Michigan, and haven't got anything.

jacobeid

Banned
Hey everyone, I sent an email to info@bursor.com to get an update and to make sure that they received my claim since I did not receive any confirmation emails like a few others in this thread. Here is their response:

"Hello,

The first set of claims reward distribution has begun last week. The total distribution process will take up to a month so it is very possible that your claim reward has not yet been sent out. If you still do not receive anything in about a month, please reach out again.

Thank you"

Sounds like they'll be coming in batches so no reason to be concerned yet. Hope that this info helps others!

Justinh

Hey everyone, I sent an email to info@bursor.com to get an update and to make sure that they received my claim since I did not receive any confirmation emails like a few others in this thread. Here is their response:

"Hello,

The first set of claims reward distribution has begun last week. The total distribution process will take up to a month so it is very possible that your claim reward has not yet been sent out. If you still do not receive anything in about a month, please reach out again.

Thank you"

Sounds like they'll be coming in batches so no reason to be concerned yet. Hope that this info helps others!
Ah, thank you.

So, while this thread was bumped, would a GTX 970 still be a good card to get for decent console level performance and game streaming? I just came across a deal for one at about 200 the other night but then remembered this thread. From the looks of it, it sounds like people are happy with their despite this memory flaw. This is my first real foray into buying a graphics card that costs more than $100.

mazillion

So, while this thread was bumped, would a GTX 970 still be a good card to get for decent console level performance and game streaming? I just came across a deal for one at about 200 the other night but then remembered this thread. From the looks of it, it sounds like people are happy with their despite this memory flaw. This is my first real foray into buying a graphics card that costs more than $100.

The 970 is still a great card. It's what I currently use. As long as you have a decent CPU and enough RAM then you can pretty much get double the performance over an XB1 and PS4. I still can play new games at 1080p60fps high to ultra.

As long as developers keep having to target XB1 and PS4 you should be able to run new games no problem, unless it's a bad port. If you aren't worried about dropping some settings to medium in the future then you have a card that will still last you years IMO.

Hybris

If you can get it cheaper than a 1060 go for it. Both cards are good value for what you get.

970 has been an amazing card for me regardless of the drama behind the .5GB lack of ram usage. (@1080p)

It's old now though and replaced by a 1060+ and you're betting off going that route. 970 did come with Witcher 3 and Batman Arkham Asylum which helped boost it's popularity back then.

Zakalwe

Banned

Something older like a 2500k/970 combo is still going to give you far beyond console level graphics/performance for the most part.

It's still good tech for the cash.

prag16

Banned
If you can get it cheaper than a 1060 go for it. Both cards are good value for what you get.

This. Only do it if it's cheaper than a 1060. My 970 is still going strong; solid card, and the split memory pool debacle never seemed to have a noticeable impact on me personally.

"Hello,

Thank you"

Thanks. Came in here this morning to see what was up, still haven't received mine. I'll play it cool for another few weeks.

The 970 is still a great card. It's what I currently use. As long as you have a decent CPU and enough RAM then you can pretty much get double the performance over an XB1 and PS4. I still can play new games at 1080p60fps high to ultra.

As long as developers keep having to target XB1 and PS4 you should be able to run new games no problem, unless it's a bad port. If you aren't worried about dropping some settings to medium in the future then you have a card that will still last you years IMO.

970 has been an amazing card for me regardless of the drama behind the .5GB lack of ram usage. (@1080p)

It's old now though and replaced by a 1060+ and you're betting off going that route. 970 did come with Witcher 3 and Batman Arkham Asylum which helped boost it's popularity back then.

Something older like a 2500k/970 combo is still going to give you far beyond console level graphics/performance for the most part.

It's still good tech for the cash.

Thanks guys, I get my Work Anniversary check this week which I'm using the buy the card. Really excited to jump in!

LowSignal

There is a free service called informed delivery on USPS's website were they send you pictures of your mail before you get it via email. That said I still haven't gotten anything :(

garath

I never got one either. I will be disappointed if I didn't qualify. I met all the criteria and supported it with every piece of documentation it asked for.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Still nothing in Michigan. Sent them my Amazon receipts/history of the purchase...basically above and beyond. I want my $30 Nvidia!!!

Top Bottom