• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

So, someone on Toonzone took a bunch of screencaps from the Marvel Disk Wars GotG Promo Tie-in episode in case anyone's interested (the movie opens in Japan this weekend)

UTHciG1.png

rqXIKA1.png

9F4RsvI.png

kf41ZbN.png

0gd7ozb.png

jDHkWGZ.png

z8vIXeN.png

When my sister walked in on me when I was looking at these, her first words were "Oh man, Rocket's so messed up!" It's funny, when I first heard of this show, I thought the whole Avengers meets Digimon concept sounded dumb, but I wanted to wait and see and hope this gets a dub release, but this tie-in of all things really makes me want to check it out. I've been hearing good things about it.

thank god they made rocket sound like he was from new jersey.

i initially wanted him to be cockney but while i think andy serkis would have rocked it (and he would have been funny too) bradley cooper owned this shit.

this is the best ensemble marvel studios has had and probably ever will have. if they make an appearance in avengers 3 i hope gunn writes their lines, i don't think whedon can do 'em justice. he'll somehow manage to make them cross the line between charming and irritants.

and chris pratt. if it were ever not obvious we have our new indiana jones/han solo let it be known now. i think my favorite scene from him in retrospect was probably when he dropped that artifact in front of the collector. lmao, it's like they kept the blooper take in.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
and chris pratt. if it were ever not obvious we have our new indiana jones/han solo let it be known now. i think my favorite scene from him in retrospect was probably when he dropped that artifact in front of the collector. lmao, it's like they kept the blooper take in.

Wouldn't be surprised. He improvised flipping the bird during the line-up as well, and it was kept in

The "we're all standing up now, like a bunch of jackasses" line was also ad-libbed by Sean Gunn, rocket on set stand-in. It always amazes me how some of the best material is apparently ad-libbed in movies and shows.

Blablurn

Watched it today.

Yes. It was fantastic.

OMG. Thanos as the mainboss will be so absurd. No idea how the avengers can stop him once he gets all his beloved goodies :O

dankir

When is this dropping on Blu Ray? I watched Avengers and all the released 2nd phase films in a row today.

Need my Guardians at home viewing fix asap.

Neoxon

Should I send the Blu-Ray to my dorm or to my house? I go home during the weekends, but I want the Blu-Ray ASAP.

Neoxon

This is hilarious. I don't know what comic Drax is like, but movie Drax is useless and a comic relief. No way he could even touch Hulk.
We don't know how strong Ronan was in relation to the rest of the Avengers. For all we know, he could have been a beast power-wise.

jediyoshi

This movie was solely a jerkoff session for Marvel fangirls and boys. Completely stupid plot and B list actors.

My comments aren't here to troll anyone or this thread, simply expressing my disgust for the film. Was stupid.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed the Thors, CAs, IMs and Avengers.

You forgot to mention whether this had a more or less stupid plot than those other movies.

Neoxon

This movie was solely a jerkoff session for Marvel fangirls and boys. Completely stupid plot and B list actors.

My comments aren't here to troll anyone or this thread, simply expressing my disgust for the film. Was stupid.

Did we watch the same movie? I hardly call Zoe Saldana, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Glenn Close, John C. Reilly, Lee Pace, & Chris Pratt (at least now thanks to this & Lego Movie). Hell, even Bautista supposedly got a career boost from this movie.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Did we watch the same movie? I hardly call Zoe Saldana, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Glenn Close, John C. Reilly, Lee Pace, & Chris Pratt (at least now thanks to this & Lego Movie). Hell, even Bautista supposedly got a career boost from this movie.

B-listers. Each and every one of them. I mean, c'mon, what was the last big movie Zoe Saldana has been in? Vin Diesel is hardly a name that pulls an audience and Glenn Close is so bad at acting, she doesn't even belong in Hollywood.

Chris Pratt is the one and only worthy successor of Harrison Ford and must be regarded as such untill the end of days

So i've now seen this 4 times at the cinema because my friends keep wanting to go back. I kinda feel like now yandu is my favorite character and i really like the dynamic of having this 3rd party who aren't necessarily the bad or good guys.

My main complaint would probably be the 2 leading female characters in this movie. Both are poorly written imo and i don't really like their role in the movie at all.

In my personal experience the exact opposite is true. I haven't really been a big fan of marvels output overall and neither have most of my friends or family. Most of them loved this though, even some of my friends who are straight up marvel haters.

I find it ironic that you post that and list avengers as one of the ones you really enjoy because to me THAT is a jerk off for marvel fans if any of these movies are.

norinrad

lol

you just had a bad day.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Nope, average symptoms of people who go see GoTG. I've been DYING to go see it again.

Same here. I don't have time to go the cinema again, so I'm biding my time untill it's released on BluRay so I can put it on repeat in the living room.

TEJ

I saw it four times and I would have seen it a fifth and sixth time too if I had the time!

I've mentioned it before but I haven't had this much fun watching a movie in theaters since I was a little kid in the early 90's,

jfoul

I think this will easily go over 800 million worldwide with upcoming releases in China (10.10.14), Switzerland (10.22.14) and Italy (10.22.14).

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I think this will easily go over 800 million worldwide with upcoming releases in China (10.10.14), Switzerland (10.22.14) and Italy (10.22.14).

Yeah, me too. Repeat viewings of this movie are huge, I've seen it four times already and most people I know that have seen it once have gone back again for another show. It will suprass 800 mil before it's done.

I want to see it again too...

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
It's currently sitting at $632,695,356 worldwide gross, so unless it explodes in China I doubt it would, it's not even sure it'd top out Maleficent (which did $756,411,747 WW).
Outgrossing The Winter Soldier ($714,083,572 WW) is a given though.

mjc

Going to see this again tonight, it's been almost two months since I saw it last so it'll be fun to see what I notice this go around.

jfoul

It's currently sitting at $632,695,356 worldwide gross, so unless it explodes in China I doubt it would, it's not even sure it'd top out Maleficent (which did $756,411,747 WW).

I have a feeling GoG is going to catch on in China. Recent marvel comic movies have performed really well in China, and Italy is usually good for $8-18 million.

China Totals
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past - $116,490,000
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier - $115,620,000
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - $94,430,000
  • Thor: The Dark World - $55,340,000
  • Maleficent - $47,720,000

TDLink

If it does ~115k in China it can easily top Maleficent. I don't think it has enough juice left to hit 800k though. Can't expect the Chinese box office to be much better than that and Switzerland and Italy are small territories so shouldn't add too much more to the total.

I think 760k-775k is probably the final range we're looking at.

Top Bottom