• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart444

TvYBGgR.png

Logged out for dinner, logged back in and got this.

Didn't even notice anything different so this was a surprise. Anyone else got t his?

Ashodin

Would love to group up! I'm still waiting on an invite to the gaf guild :(

INVITED

Can you do low level fractals with exotic gear? I might jump in also.

Yes. Fractal levels 1-19 will be fine with exotic gear.

^ You only need ascended starting with 20+ due to needing Agony Resistance.

If you can, do Teq and Triple Trouble every day (first one of each at post reset is the best time usually), do them and you may get an ascended weapon or armour from them.

It's RNG but if you aren't able to craft/can't afford to craft and haven't done much fractaling, then it's a good way to get something outside of Laurels for ascended trinkets.

Yes you can! Fractals will actually -start- this Sunday, Wednesday I had to cancel because of issues. But this Sunday will be the FRESH START! Get in while you can! We'll be going up to Fractal Level 3.

jmartoine

That was one of the issues I had when the game launched, that most zones within the same habitat looked incredibly similar.

Jungle zones, ice zones, mountainous zones and watery zones all looked remarkably similar no matter which one you were in. Compared to WoW where you could have 5 ice zones that all looked significantly different next to each other it disappointed me.

That was one of the issues I had when the game launched, that most zones within the same habitat looked incredibly similar.

Jungle zones, ice zones, mountainous zones and watery zones all looked remarkably similar no matter which one you were in. Compared to WoW where you could have 5 ice zones that all looked significantly different next to each other it disappointed me.

100% agree with this. Like even Ascalon zones often look good and have some interesting landmarks but there is definitely a feeling of "Seen one, seen them all."

Dizzy-4U

I've been messing around with the staff for my thief today because it was the only weapon I didn't try yet. Jeeeez, the dps in this thing is amazing, everything dies so easily (in PvE at least).

Massicot

I've been messing around with the staff for my thief today because it was the only weapon I didn't try yet. Jeeeez, the dps in this thing is amazing, everything dies so easily (in PvE at least).

it's fun and easy damage, yea. Put on that Signet heal, Invigorating precision, and some lifesteal food and you can outheal most anything as long as you just keep swinging. Put on utilities like Fist Flurry and the Impact Strike elite and you have enough CC for most situations as well. It's neat stuff.

Cels

i finished all the living world season 3 episodes, kind of an out of left field reveal of the identity of a certain new-to-the-season NPC ally.

now i'm going to go back and try and get mastery points just for the hell of it.
earlier on i had an excess of mastery points and not enough XP but now i face the opposite problem. the lws3 maps, especially bloodstone fen, basically throw XP at you.

so far i finished gliding and in ancient magics i have up through the new downed skill. i think i have level 2 or 3 of all the other ones, except raids, where i have 0. i got poison lore just to do that hero point in VB. any particular masteries i should focus on?

Dizzy-4U

it's fun and easy damage, yea. Put on that Signet heal, Invigorating precision, and some lifesteal food and you can outheal most anything as long as you just keep swinging. Put on utilities like Fist Flurry and the Impact Strike elite and you have enough CC for most situations as well. It's neat stuff.
Yeah, using the signet for passive heal helps a bit. I checked out the wiki and found two foods that have lifesteal. Should I level up cooking or is there another way to get them?

Don't forget to claim your Customer Appreciation Package from the Black Lion Store -- it has a free BL key and chest in it. I got a BL exclusives chest worth 300g :D Not sure if I should sell it now to cash in on weaver hype(it can give you the elemental sword skin), or hang onto it in the hopes of it being removed at some point.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
If people actually participated in the event instead of just auto-attacking while standing completely still in the camp-spot, that achievement would pop on every try. Anet should just put an unblockable high-damage continuous AoE pulse area on the camp spot when the portals go up.

I think I got mine via pure luck, but you can always try and put up a squad on LFG in the achievement hunter section some decent time before the event starts?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
If people actually participated in the event instead of just auto-attacking while standing completely still in the camp-spot, that achievement would pop on every try. Anet should just put an unblockable high-damage continuous AoE pulse area on the camp spot when the portals go up.

I think I got mine via pure luck, but you can always try and put up a squad on LFG in the achievement hunter section some decent time before the event starts?

Yeah I noticed very few bother with the portals, they just stay on the spot the SB lowers its head.

jmartoine

Completed episode 3 last night and rounded off map completion for Auric Basic and Dragon's Stand.

In the lead up to PoF I am annoyed at myself for dropping HoT a month after it launched, having such a good time with the content, maps and metas that I feel I missed out on so much when it launched.

Pretty much everything I hated at launch has done a 180, I now appreciate the mastery system, the huge metas with the only dampener being the map design.

-Opaque-

I'm also coming back for PoF, once I found out it was the same area as Nightfall I couldn't resist, despite buying HoF then barely playing it. If I could I would also love a guild invite (Opaque.1578).
Is the guild still on Stormbluff Isle? Or are guilds being to tied to worlds not even a thing anymore?
On a somewhat related note Stormbluff is a full world but the HoT zones often feel kinda dead, is this just because everyone is off doing S3 stuff? Or has there just been that much drop off in active players?

Sonicbug

I'm also coming back for PoF, once I found out it was the same area as Nightfall I couldn't resist, despite buying HoF then barely playing it. If I could I would also love a guild invite (Opaque.1578).
Is the guild still on Stormbluff Isle? Or are guilds being to tied to worlds not even a thing anymore?
On a somewhat related note Stormbluff is a full world but the HoT zones often feel kinda dead, is this just because everyone is off doing S3 stuff? Or has there just been that much drop off in active players?

GAF is on SBI, but as long as you're on a North American server it doesn't matter. The mega-server structure rolls up maps at will based on necessity and load. The server choice really only matters for WvW.

All of the HoT maps have large meta events that run on schedules, so this long after launch people usually use the LFG tool to get enough organized players together to run them.

Ashodin

Invite sent!

SourBear

Banned
Just a couple more poi's and hero points from Dragon Stand and I will have map completed HoT. And I never want to do it again. So I guess that means only one legendary weapon (if I decide to make one).

Stuart444

I just got a Daily Elixir achievement chest despite only JUST logging in. I've not been to bitterfrost at all since before reset yesterday.

Anyone ever had that happen?

Stuart444

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Path-of-Fire-Stress-Test-August-31-2017

We will be conducting a brief stress test for Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire on Thursday, August 31st, beginning at 2:00 PM Pacific time (-7 GMT). Anyone with a Guild Wars 2 account is welcome to participate. To join the stress test, please log in to your Guild Wars 2 game account, create a new “Demo” character on the character selection screen, and head into the Crystal Oasis. Play as you normally would play, but because this is a stress test, be prepared for possible in-game performance issues as the testing takes place.

Thanks for your help!

Woot! Finally got of fmy butt and completed my first elite class. One down, eight to go I suppose.

Basically just doing the HP train in VB-AB-TD.

If only i could find a mastery point train. Really in need of a lot of those.

SourBear

Banned
Woot! Finally got of fmy butt and completed my first elite class. One down, eight to go I suppose.

Basically just doing the HP train in VB-AB-TD.

If only i could find a mastery point train. Really in need of a lot of those.

I got lucky with one of the HP train's and the commander really knew what they were doing. I think in total he unlocked 12 mastery points (beyond the normal ones you would typically get in a regular HP train) across those three maps for me. It was the best HP train I've ever been in.

Stuart444

Here’s some additional information for you:

The developers intend for the test to run a couple of hours and they hope to enable the elite specs. One of the advantages of our release system is it has a great deal of flexibility so it depends exactly on how our internal ‘pre-testing’ goes as to what will be enabled.

As far as whether you keep progress during the stress test, the answer is “No.” All demo characters will head into a well-deserved retirement, and you will join Path of Fire at launch with an existing or newly-created character on your game account.

Some more info

-Opaque-

It's only planned to run a couple of hours though :(
Surely they would get more stress by putting it at 5 or 6pm, it's not like 2pm PDT makes it great for Europe either. But maybe they are counting on that in terms of how much load they actually want to test.

Stuart444

It's only planned to run a couple of hours though :(
Surely they would get more stress by putting it at 5 or 6pm, it's not like 2pm PDT makes it great for Europe either. But maybe they are counting on that in terms of how much load they actually want to test.

Well, it's during work hours and gives them the hours they need to monitor and fix things as needed rather than working overtime on the stress test.

If it was like 5 or 6pm PDT, it would be 1 - 2am UK time/2 - 3am Europe time) so this is quite good compared to having it later.

I actually posted this on the official forum but if anyone needs it:

For people who need time conversions:

2pm PDT
10pm BST (UK time)
5pm EDT
3pm MDT
7am Australia (next day)
11pm CEST (Europe)
5am SGT (Singaporean)

Don't expect it to work perfectly or even nearly perfectly. It's designed to stress the servers as much as possible :)

I got lucky with one of the HP train's and the commander really knew what they were doing. I think in total he unlocked 12 mastery points (beyond the normal ones you would typically get in a regular HP train) across those three maps for me. It was the best HP train I've ever been in.

I've only three so far, two were quite good, one was ok, but slow.

Interesting how each seems to take a different route to the points. All seem to be Mesmers, for obvious reasons though. That port lets you bypoass quite a bit of trouble if you have not filled out your masteries yet.

PSA..
Don't fuck up like i did..

I am working on Legendary Trinket..
Doing all map achievements.
Completed 2 achievement for one story mission, quit. didn't finish the mission.
Move to the next story mission in the same episode(crack in the Ice)
It won't allow me to skip to the final boss battle where the achievements at, tells me not my active story...
Without reading like a dumb ass i quit the Episode then hit restart, restart basically removes the fact you completed the episode, don't make my mistake, now i have to restart the mission from the very beginning instead of completing the first story mission i did for achievements..

PS:On the bright side i got The Legend to drop from a Veteran mob yesterday in Draconis Mons, this is my 5th Pre-drop..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom