• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart444

PSA..
Don't fuck up like i did..

I am working on Legendary Trinket..
Doing all map achievements.
Completed 2 achievement for one story mission, quit. didn't finish the mission.
Move to the next story mission in the same episode(crack in the Ice)
It won't allow me to skip to the final boss battle where the achievements at, tells me not my active story...
Without reading like a dumb ass i quit the Episode then hit restart, restart basically removes the fact you completed the episode, don't make my mistake, now i have to restart the mission from the very beginning instead of completing the first story mission i did for achievements..

PS:On the bright side i got The Legend to drop from a Veteran mob yesterday in Draconis Mons, this is my 5th Pre-drop..

You should be able to go to where the instance would start, you should see a purple icon at the area, touch it to start the instance regardless of where you are in the episode.

Ashodin

Thanks all who came to Fractal Fun! We'll be doing this again on Sunday.

Remember! ZERO AR REQUIRED! ZERO KNOWLEDGE OF FRACTALS REQUIRED! We are learning together! :)

You should be able to go to where the instance would start, you should see a purple icon at the area, touch it to start the instance regardless of where you are in the episode.

Oh i can, but since i hit restart episode, won't give me the short cut to go fight the boss just for the Achievements for Frozen Out mission..I have to do the entire mission again lol...not the episode but mission..

Edit:Fuck, i really have to play the entire episode again, i go into the last mission and it tells me all progress will not be saved...

Stuart444

Oh i can, but since i hit restart episode, won't give me the short cut to go fight the boss just for the Achievements for Frozen Out mission..I have to do the entire mission again lol...not the episode but mission..

I think that's a bug since it's happened to quite a few people, even without hitting restart episode (happened to me as well in the same mission and googling around, it happened to others).

Spyware

Reports on Reddit (and happened to me too) were that they would take up to a few days.
Was that now or when pre-purchase opened?
Because it took almost 72 hours for gems to arrive when they got flooded with orders, but if HoT is anything to go by (and the above statement of one hour) it should be almost instantaneous by now when purchases mostly trickle in.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I still haven't gotten mine though, but then again I just bought it.

The pass is unlimited use right? That's a massive Deluxe bonus.

Stuart444

You know, whenever I do the story in Draconis, I always laugh at Taimi's reactions to the mad stuff we say.
"As soon as I liberate more of my magical ghost friends"
- it's hilarious to hear haha

edit: here is the whole exchange which I just found funny:

Taimi: Commander, I'm getting an odd reading from the communicator. Your temperature seems to be fluctuating. Wildly.
<Character name>: Oh, yes, that makes sense. I was given a heat barrier from one of the Spirits of the Wild down here.
Taimi: Sure. Yeah. Perfect sense. But seriously what's happening?
<Character name>: I told you. These voices spoke to me.
Taimi: Uh-huh.
<Character name>: Then the ghost tree things told me I should free them.
Taimi: Uh-huh.
<Character name>: And in return, they grant me protection from the high temperatures.
Taimi: Sure, sure... So... You're clearly suffering from heat stroke. But don't panic; I'll send help your way!
<Character name>: Taimi, I'm fine. Or will be. As soon as I liberate more of my magical ghost friends.
Taimi: Oh, boy.

Ashodin

Had a blast running fractals last night, can't wait to do it again. Thanks again for leading ashodin!

There's more where that comes from. Soon I'll try to get a raid together to try the absolutely easiest bosses first so we can get used to being together and coordinate. But Fractals first!

Fractal is a great experience if you keep it as a guild run only..

Pug fractal is fun but once you reach mid way through t3, the assholes show up, T4 is a shit storm, DPS meter cunts, regular cunts, angry cunts, just a lot of cunts in T4, I have come to hate fractals thanks to the asshole community at the higher levels, T4 should only be run with Guildies..

Stuart444

Fractal is a great experience if you keep it as a guild run only..

Pug fractal is fun but once you reach mid way through t3, the assholes show up, T4 is a shit storm, DPS meter cunts, regular cunts, angry cunts, just a lot of cunts in T4, I have come to hate fractals thanks to the asshole community at the higher levels, T4 should only be run with Guildies..

You also get some assholes in early fractals. Especially if you mess up while you're learning (yes even if you made the LFG and said you were new)

It's all about luck really. Maybe you'll get some assholes, and maybe you won't.

It's probably one of the reasons my fractal level is still at level 7 lol. Me and my fiance didn't have the worst group first time but you could tell that they were getting annoyed and snappish which is probably why we stopped at that point and haven't tried to progress yet. (otherwise we'd have gone to at least fract 10).

And based off some instances recently, it seems like there is even more impatient no talking in chat gotta go fast people now (though this was dungeons and story instance stuff)

Massicot

I actually have smoother times with T4 Pugs than friend runs most of the time. Though every once in a while you end up in with a Pug trainwreck.

Stuart444

I actually have smoother times with T4 Pugs than friend runs most of the time. Though every once in a while you end up in with a Pug trainwreck.

Eh, I don't mind non-smooth runs as long as everyone is having a good time rather than a smooth run by people who will have a go at you for messing up.

Freeman76

One of these days, a precursor will drop for me.

It'll be a trident.

Anet said you can roughly expect a precursor drop once ever 1500 hours (by their math)

I have played around 3k hours and have 3 dropped, 2 dusk and 1 Storm. Howl also but I got that from the forge.

SourBear

Banned
There's more where that comes from. Soon I'll try to get a raid together to try the absolutely easiest bosses first so we can get used to being together and coordinate. But Fractals first!

Oh I'd love to have a go at the raid content. I hope this happens.

Anet said you can roughly expect a precursor drop once ever 1500 hours (by their math)

I have played around 3k hours and have 3 dropped, 2 dusk and 1 Storm. Howl also but I got that from the forge.
I have almost 4800 hours on my account.

No precursors from any method, not including the stuff I've bought or crafted.

Spyware

I have almost 4800 hours on my account.

No precursors from any method, not including the stuff I've bought or crafted.
4440 and same, no precursor at all.
Cresc got his first the other day (about 4k playtime for him too), it was Dusk from the Sloth in Ember Bay.

Edit: I just finished Chalice of Tears and grabbed the tokens and whatevs. From what I had heard about it I thought it would be way worse. I mean I can't imagine doing it without a guide because it's so unclear where you're supposed to go, but the jumps themselves were fine.
But that means that it's not really a JP for me, just a badly designed area.

1500*5=7500hours i don't have that many hours, just hit 5k, gotten 5 pre-drop from mobs, and another 37-40 from the Forge..

Retrofluxed

I'm hoping to join in on the fun soon. The holidays throw my schedule off, but I should be able to start making them.

Stuart444

I got to try out Soulbeast.

Didn't dislike it but I prefer Druid more. Still seems fun enough.

Wonder if this will be the last stress test or if they will do another of these 2 or so hour tests before release. Either way, I can't wait for full release :D

Sonicbug

I'm at 1531. So I'm due a precursor. I demand my precursor.

Oh well.

I'm probably near that, and I've never had one drop to date. Granted, it probably only drops if you are heavy into certain events.

I would expect the 1500 hours number to be based on fairly typical play. If you constantly did content specifically with a precurser in mind, i would expect it faster than that.

Dizzy-4U

Yay! Got my birthday gifts. A few days later but still, very nice!

Edit: I like the rifle skin but maybe I should wait if I like DeadEye when it comes out.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I know this is supposed to be funny. But to me it makes the mount system look really janky and terrible.
I mean.. its getting stuck on basic terrain.. =/

it's more to do with them not yet integrating the mount in other areas, iirc it transitions fine in the actual demo map

Spyware

I know this is supposed to be funny. But to me it makes the mount system look really janky and terrible.
I mean.. its getting stuck on basic terrain.. =/
You realise this is a visual bug right? You can't possibly try to judge the mounts by looking at one that doesn't actually exist. :/

Crack in the Ice achievement is pissing me off fucking bugs sheeeesh.... I completed the episode again only to get the same bug again...FML...

Wow, managed to snag an HP train on my engie that went way above and beyond, and not only got the Wp and Hp's, but every map Mastery point as well.

Wish I could have stayed longer, but wow, made a lot of progress in only a few hours.

jmartoine

Wow, managed to snag an HP train on my engie that went way above and beyond, and not only got the Wp and Hp's, but every map Mastery point as well.

Wish I could have stayed longer, but wow, made a lot of progress in only a few hours.
Sometimes you get really good ones. Found one yesterday in TD which was the same, all WP, HP and Masteries.

Completed VB 100% yesterday so now I have completed all the HoT maps. Still got achievements and Mastery points to finish but for now I've got LW3 to finish off.

Talking about HP trains, this is going on today. Full trains of VB, AB and TD https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2...et_those_hero_points/?st=j7339opc&sh=043fd106

Spyware

I have also joined a couple of trains lately. Two I had to leave before they were done but I got the points I needed. And one great one yesterday in TD where the commander used markers to guide the squad. I have not seen that before (strangely enough) and it worked great.

I'm having fun going through all fifty characters again, tweaking their builds and picking who will have the elite specs. And then trying to get some points for them of course. If there is no train I just finish the soloable ones and then I'll give the characters the rest of the points from PoF HPs instead. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom