• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you guys suggest me a good PVE build for the thief? I know that D/D it's not the best
Play a warrior.

Jk.

People like Katoki or Hawkian can probably suggest something because I do not play that filthy class.

You can try metabattle.com to see if there is anything good there till one of those two answers.

I warn you, Hawkian's build will probably get you killed...a lot.

EDIT: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Thief_-_D/D_S/P_Shortbow
You might be running this already.

Dagger Dagger is the best. 66002 is the highest possible dps, and thief utility is derived mostly from slot skills, so no worries there.

For trash, structures, or when you are unable to flank the enemy, sword is better.
Can just camp sword with 56003 if you're feeling lazy.

Can also use 56003 or 66002 with dagger pistol for greater utility. Stealth via 5=> complete autoattack chain => 2, autoattack, repeat.

Remember that smokescreen is on a short cooldown, blocks projectiles and pretty much perma-blinds whatever you drop it on. Can also stealth by heartseeking through it.

Always carry a shortbow, btw. You needs its blasts for a truckload of extra stuff, and a good ele will love you for it.
Remember that pistol 4 is absolutely terrific for removing defiance stacks and interrupting loads of attacks. No point in worrying about defiance unless your group uses icebow 5 properly tho.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Today I learned, if you do the "Defend Captain Penzan until he recovers his hidden treasure" event (Yes, THAT Captain Penzan), on the way back from the sunken ship he gets pissed that his First Mate brought barrels of "Bjorn's Brew" and tosses them into the swamp. Later, a Priory group searching for artifacts comes upon the same spot and the two Norn bodyguards, much to the annoyance of their Asura commander, haul the booze back to camp and promptly get drunk off their asses. Just in time to be completely useless when Pirates attack the camp for supplies.

I wonder how many other Dynamic Events cross paths like this? I'm fairly certain I've seen both events before but never done one and then the other back to back (I don't play in Bloodtide Coast often). Pretttttty neat.

In 6 months we'll find out that the Penzan quest also reveals Caithe's secret.

Finally got The Juggernaut for my Warrior. (I guess Guardian can have the skin now as well).

Want to thank Callunah and Modric for helping me gather materials. Want to especially thank Callunah for letting me help build the Moot so we could sell it and split the profits, which gave me enough gold to buy the precursor for The Juggernaut. Hope I can repay you both one day.
Are your shadows set to medium?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I sometimes believe that with each day I take a sabbatical from GW2 a year is added on how long before I get a precursor.

No, just asking if they were in your screenshots. Looks like a fat blob.

I had put all my setting to low earlier because I was in WvW.

I thought I put them back to High/Very High after I went to PvE but maybe I missed the shadows option.

More likely that she shadow looks like a far blob because that's what everyone says I look like. Very realistic.

Finally got The Juggernaut for my Warrior. (I guess Guardian can have the skin now as well).

Want to thank Callunah and Modric for helping me gather materials. Want to especially thank Callunah for letting me help build the Moot so we could sell it and split the profits, which gave me enough gold to buy the precursor for The Juggernaut. Hope I can repay you both one day.

I hope you don't forget my generous contribution.

Tyria’s Point of No Return
by Colin Johanson on October 20, 2014

A Living World

The return of Living World Season 2 is rapidly approaching. When the season resumes on November 4, we’ll see the story pick up from the cliffhanger that left one of the world’s leaders fighting for survival, and the races of Tyria preparing for war against the Elder Dragon Mordremoth.
For Tyrians, the awakening of each of the previous elder dragons led to catastrophic world events: earthquakes, tidal waves, and the raising of a long sunken continent are just some examples of the destruction left in their wake. These have seared their marks into the face of Tyria.
Now another elder dragon stirs deep in the heart of the jungle. The world’s leaders have agreed to turn their attention to this new threat and attempt to destroy it before it can wreak the havoc they’ve seen other elder dragons sow. As season 2 returns, we turn our eyes towards Mordremoth as our next target. We also ponder the meaning of the vision given by the Pale Tree and the role that legends of Tyria’s past may play in a story that is yet to unfold.

Holiday Festivals

As we’ve done in the past, there will be festival releases interweaved into this coming Living World season. Let’s take a quick look at our festival calendar for the remainder of 2014.
This coming Tuesday, October 21, the Mad Realm returns with our annual Halloween release. On December 16, we’ll release our usual holiday-themed festivities with Wintersday. Both of these releases will feature the same content as last year but with refreshed rewards, giving you fun new festival-themed items to earn.

Into the Jungle

The road to war is paved by points of no return. Tyria has already decided to take the battle to Mordremoth. As we go on this journey we’ll learn dark secrets of Tyria’s past, venture into stories with roots deep in the very heart of Guild Wars lore, and visit places that have only been rumored to exist.
Season 2′s final episode will feature an unforgettable end for all of you who go on this journey with us. So make sure to jump in and join the ride starting on November 4.
We’ll see you in game!
For those at work.

_woLf

Wow, extremely disappointed at the holiday events bringing nothing new except new "rewards" (and probably new things you can spend gems on!)

Wintersday was already atrocious last year. Seeing ArenaNet pretty much abandon holiday events has made me incredibly sad. :(

Taffer

lf one does what Kos does enough times, one will become as Kos is.

And what areas are rumoured to exist (besides the Polymock arena)?

Levyne

Banned
Wow, extremely disappointed at the holiday events bringing nothing new except new "rewards" (and probably new things you can spend gems on!)

Wintersday was already atrocious last year. Seeing ArenaNet pretty much abandon holiday events has made me incredibly sad. :(

It's a little disappointing but I always expected holiday events past the first year to just be slightly iterated on top of. Hopefully this means they can put more focus into new LS or other efforts since they aren't building Wintersday, Mad King, Queen's Jubilee from the ground up anymore.

Spyware

Since they mostly changed the rewards of holidays in the first game with some upgrades to them here and there I thought it would be like this since the beginning. They are obviously busy with the living world atm.

From wiki

Physiology

The mursaat were a race of floating humanoids with powerful magical ability. They had elongated toes and long black feathers emerging from their backs, and usually wore golden armour. There were no mursaat warriors or rangers, but they built powerful Jade constructs that were capable of defending them when their magic was not enough.

Uniquely among the races of Tyria, the mursaat were able to practice all four disciplines of magic simultaneously, having never had it absorbed into the Bloodstone, which was later sundered into four pieces. This made them especially dangerous. Of particular note was their most devastating ability, Spectral Agony, which could kill an unprotected target incredibly quickly.

I'd say tengu are closer to that than Asura, who are more likely to be a dredge-dwarf hybrid.

13 days until Season 2 returns. Keep up the good mood. I'm building up my love for the game by playing other games. Having a good time in Archeage (really fun sandbox, but dull generic world), WoW (the new models are impressive, and the game is more playable than ever, but its soooo old), and SWTOR F2P (this game has gotten really nice. Believe the hype. Some of the class stories are top notch. It's really good. As far as the old school of MMO combat they made it really smooth. Also has a big boom in population. Star Wars just keeps being popular).

But playing all of them, I am just reminded off how good GW2 is. I've also spent a dozen hours in Landmark and.. The creation part of it is super cool, but this game. I am convinced Everquest Next is not going to deliver. This engine allows for creative things, but the way the game works. I just don't see it.

Which means, with Titan cancelled, we're on our way into a serious MMO vacuum, which is good for all released MMOs. It's so bizarre with ESO and Wildstar getting released back to back, mirroring Warhammer and AoC back in 08'.
I am pretty confident Blade and Soul unfortunately is not going to matter once it comes here. The localization is just too slow. Like Aion, TERA and ArcheAge it takes so many years to get to us that the developers and the market has already moved past us.

Guild Wars 2 should go for a stand alone campaign. The more I've been thinking about the past, the more I liked the way they handled Factions and Nightfall. I knew people who only had Factions but not the base game. It was an interesting interaction having our each separate deck skills.

Eh, looking at this list i can recognize a couple.

Only interested in Survarium, but i can't imagine large scale online combat ever being good without hitscan.

You can certainly say that the age of boxed mmos with a monthly fee is dead, though. To that i sez Good.

AoC was pretty baller, btw. Tempest priests were hella op for such a long time.

Eh, looking at this list i can recognize a couple.

Only interested in Survarium, but i can't imagine large scale online combat ever being good without hitscan.

You can certainly say that the age of boxed mmos with a monthly fee is dead, though. To that i sez Good.

AoC was pretty baller, btw. Tempest priests were hella op for such a long time.

Do you think things like Ubisofts The Division will take off? There seems to be more of these games advertising MMO persistence features within all sorts of games, not just online RPGs. I'm not a driving guy, but I guess there is some hype around The Crew?

AoC was such an ambitious game for doing the 18+ For all it wanted with the combat, crafting, cities, story. It's a shame it didn't come more together. I thought it was a really decent game, but I didn't enjoy Warhammer at all. That one stung really bad. The PvP was really good!

Baleoce

Reinstalling this, but got cut short when my mobile authenticator didn't have my GW2 account on it (due to a factory reset I'd done a few months back), and I forgot to migrate. Emailed customer support using the page where you provide the key etc. But haven't heard back from them. How quick are they usually? I don't really mind the wait I guess, I'm just interested to try it again after a year out.

Eh, probably. Ubi knows how to market, so the real question is how well can a mmofps perform in a console environment. Given how well crap like Destiny, which is mmo-lite, sold, no reason to think that theyre just burning money.

Doesnt Planetside 2 have a ps4 version? How well is that going?

And yeah, warhammer was shit in all regards but low level combat. Wont trust marc jacobs so easily ever again.

Reinstalling this, but got cut short when my mobile authenticator didn't have my GW2 account on it (due to a factory reset I'd done a few months back), and I forgot to migrate. Emailed customer support using the page where you provide the key etc. But haven't heard back from them. How quick are they usually? I don't really mind the wait I guess, I'm just interested to try it again after a year out.

I emailed them earlier today for pretty much the same issue and still haven't heard anything, but I don't expect to hear back for a few days though...

Ps same thing happened to me and I got contacted after 2-3 hours and got issue resolved.

Well I was trying to put the game on my work laptop but couldn't because of the authenticator. At home its totally fine. Still no update from ANET though its been 5 hours. Its not a big deal to me because I can still play at home, I just wanted another option for downtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom