• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

9bahIZO.png

bYgZYLG.jpg

M0KEZvo.jpg

TdY26IU.jpg

bg48RG5.jpg

OAE8uXF.jpg

Zjq5vi6.jpg

LXTt2WK.jpg

0ESd1MU.jpg

YYo5a0e.jpg

GAF-Authored Guides
Written a guide or have a useful link you want to share? Send it via Private Message to Retro and I’ll add it to the list.
GAF Streams
Do you stream Guild Wars 2 often? Please PM me a link to your channel and I'll add it to the list.
Previous OTs

Retro

GUILD POLICIES
BAN POLICIES:
Short Version: We might insta-kick you just to stop certain behavior, but we will always address problems on a one-on-one basis and issue warnings.
Warnings:
Depending on the severity of the issue, a warning will likely be issued. All warnings are recorded in a private document all officers have access to where they can be tracked and discussed. A warning carries no penalties, it just means we asked you to stop something and will notice if you keep doing it.

Guild Removal:
In most cases, an officer will contact the member and address the situation. In rare cases, to immediately stop any major disruption, a member will be removed right away (for example, to stop a heated argument in guild chat). Removals are not necessarily permanent, as once the situation is resolved the member will be welcome back.

Repeat offenders may be banned permanently, from the guild and/or the Mumble server. Being banned at one does not necessarily mean being banned at all (some people are just disruptive in Mumble, others on the site, etc.)​

DRAMA POLICIES:
Short Version: Don't be a dick. No Hate speech!
Note: Please keep in mind our drama policy extends to Map and Say chat, where your behavior may reflect negatively on GAF as a whole. [GAF] is pretty well known amongst the guilds on our server and we have a good relationship with most of them. We would like to keep it this way.
Swearing / Language
We have no official restriction on language, as everyone in GAFGuild is expected to be old enough to have a GAF Account. We want it to be a place where GAFers can hang out and relax. That said, personal insults of any kind will not be tolerated, and all homophobic / sexist / racist comments/jokes will receive a warning. Sexually explicit conversation should probably be kept to whispers.

Trolling
If we notice a member is actively baiting or antagonizing others, we'll come down on it. Nobody should be subject to intentional harassment or annoyance while playing.

Excessive Negativity
The game is not perfect, and we want people to discuss all aspects of the game both positive and negative. However, we don't want habitual complaints and/or negativity to create an unpleasant atmosphere in the game. As such, members who are consistently negative to the point where it disrupts chat will generally receive a warning to be more constructive or take it to the forums where it is not disrupting the gameplay experience of other members.

"Other" Issues
No policy can predict the multitude of ways in which players will behave, so from time to time we may update the policy to address certain issues which we would like to discourage. They are as follows;
  • Please do not sell dungeon runs to guild mates. If you want to take the risk of selling a dungeon run to other players, that's your business, but your guild mates are not a built-in market for your bullshit.
CULLING POLICIES
Short Version: Sometimes we need to make space in the guild, if you got kicked just ask to be re-invited.
What is Culling?
Guild Wars 2 currently has a cap of 500 accounts per guild. Due to the large size of the GAF community, to get as many active players into the main guild as possible we often kick a large number of inactive players from the guild. We refer to this as "Culling" and despite claims to the contrary, has never been personal or motivated by reasons other than simple house keeping.

How do you determine who is Active?
We simply make use of the game's "Last Online" feature and remove large chunks of players who have not played since a certain date (usually folks who haven't played in the last 3-4 months). Our policy has always been that active players who were accidentally kicked are probably active enough to notice, while those who are away from the game will never notice if they're not logging in in the first place. We will generally post in the OT when we're going to be removing inactive players just in case someone wants to make sure they aren't removed.

I've been kicked out! What do I do?!
Relax. Don't take it personally. Whisper any of the officers or post in the OT to get re-invited immediately.​

GUILD BANK POLICIES
Short Version: Bank items are first come-first serve.
The Guild Bank currently has 3 tabs; the Guild Stash (50 slot), Treasure Trove (100 slot) and Deep Cave (100 slot).

The Guild Stash is available for all players on a first-come-first-serve basis. Items you leave in the bank can and will be taken out by any player. This also includes money! If you wish to donate directly to the guild, please deposit it into the Deep Cave or mail it directly to an officer.

The Treasure Trove is used for the Guild Lottery (including lottery prizes) and any extra items. If you see any item you would like, ask; chances are nobody is keeping it for any particular reason.

The Deep Cave is deposit-only and is used by the officers, to keep items that are intended to benefit the entire guild. This is usually high-end crafting materials, potions, or holiday items. This is also where we keep the transfer fund, used to help players transfer from non-SBI servers (preferably those who are not in the NA Datacenter).​

Retro

If anyone wants them, here's an album with all of the pages uncolored. Obviously they aren't 8.5x11 so if you tried to print them they'd need to be scaled down some, but if you have photoshop or whatever you can color 'em in (create a new layer and set it to multiply will probably work best.).

Also, I dunno if anyone would want it, but here's a Mordremutt Avatar I cooked up just in case;

Okdgbqg.jpg

Perfection.

Hey, welcome back!

This is outrageous. One of the best OT's I've ever seen.

Simply hilarious. Mordremutt slays me.

I wanted to do something way out of left field; the previous OTs are all very serious-looking, sticking very close to Guild Wars 2's style (roughly painted shapes, concept art, simple colors) and while I like that and it's very cool, I was having a hard time thinking of a way to make it exciting. For a while there I was just going to copy and paste the OT4 and just change the banners to the style from the HoT thread on gaming side.

While I was looking for jungle imagery to kind of spark ideas, I kept seeing cute jungle animal clip art and activity/coloring book-type stuff (on that topic, holy crap is "jungle animals" a really popular subject for those). And the idea just sort of came to me; "Wouldn't it be funny to just have this absurdly dark subject material (the Pact was destroyed, an Elder Dragon is waking, etc.) and make an coloring book out of it?

It was a chance to do something different (which is incredibly important to keep from getting bored and half-assing it) and something I haven't seen on GAF before. Plus, we're on OT5. We're pretty well established, so there's no reason to be too super serious about things anymore. I wanted something funny but not too in-jokey (but those are in there, if you look). Basically, Miktar put it best when I was showing him the first rough drafts; "It shows we're not up our own asses, we're here to have fun."

Thorgal

To commemorate the new thread, here's a badass image of me autoattackin' at Maw.

tCZlnPd.jpg

But , your staff is obscuring your face .

That could be any other Staff user , We require Decisive Evidence .

Edit : also awesome looking thread.

Can we make Mordremutt GAF's official Mascot ?

Nice OT Retro..

To commemorate the new thread, here's a badass image of me autoattackin' at Maw.

]
First pic in the new OT and you show off a staff, Fashion Wars man..I will fix that after i am done with the world boss train gotta show up my new look Ele..

Ashodin

REVENANT GAMEPLAY INFO

http://youtu.be/mNSqSqAfWkY?t=9m53s

Turns into a mist and slashes everything while wielding a sword (watch for the Sylvari to "surge as a mist line" into the Warrior's group of enemies)

At around 10:23 in the PoI video, it can be seen that the Revenant is holding an offhand dagger (a blade held backwards in the offhand, only daggers are held that way).

qNWV2Ff.png

Shown revenant skills (hard to see):

Auto attacks from swords produce red slash marks on the enemy, might just be torment though. It looks like it starts with a stab as he is able to spam a stabbing kind of attack after everything is dead.

A skill with the character animation equivalent of Ele Scepter #1 fire, followed by a blast of mist like red flames, the most similar skill I can describe its visuals as is Smite Condition but red.

A healing skill that looks like the start of any healing skill. Don't really know what its special properties are as visually it looks like any other healing skill start up.

There wasn't much, but it wasn't nothing.

SNEAKY

Retro

Is there a VOD of the previous liveshow?

Today's Livestream? Right here: http://youtu.be/mNSqSqAfWkY

Also, I feel like I'm in kindergarten again.

As weird as it sounds, it's actually kind of hard to make something look like it was done half-assed when you're used to doing it full ass. I had to go in and roughen a lot of images up because they were just too clean-looking to pass for cheap-ass dollar store coloring book quality.

Glad everyone is liking it, I really enjoyed making it.

Ashodin

I made a GIF of it!

2dFTMRo.gif

"Ashodin, what the fak am I looking at?"

"Watch the left hand side. The Sylvari Revenant activates Shadow no Jutsu (or whatever) and surges into the warrior's group on the right.

also like that heavy armor dagger is confirmed

also from reddit:

bE3bPgi.png

Don't look at the name of the enemy if you want to avoid spoilers

Reworked defiant? Is it a bar now that you have to "deplete" then you can go to town on interrupts? Or does it only go down when you use them, so when it's zero you can't use any?

I made a GIF of it!

2dFTMRo.gif

"Ashodin, what the fak am I looking at?"

"Watch the left hand side. The Sylvari Revenant activates Shadow no Jutsu (or whatever) and surges into the warrior's group on the right.

also like that heavy armor dagger is confirmed

also from reddit:

bE3bPgi.png

Don't look at the name of the enemy if you want to avoid spoilers

Reworked defiant? Is it a bar now that you have to "deplete" then you can go to town on interrupts? Or does it only go down when you use them, so when it's zero you can't use any?

reworked defiant would be awesome

Retro

I warmly welcome any changes to defiance, including making it easier / more visible to strip away. How great would it be if certain defiance-charge removing abilities stripped more defiance at once?

Be honest Retro.. you printed that out, colored it, then scanned them back in didn't you? :p

Nope, that's all photoshop. The paper background is actually 10 layers or so of different effects made to look like it was scanned. Lots of little things too like some of the pages having stains (the coffee ring is most visible) and such.

All the crayon work is actually one of the default brushes, but I'd draw some in, then use the same brush (but at a smaller size) to erase some out, then add some in, etc. to make it look sloppy.

Like I said. It takes a lot of effort to make something look so cheap and half-assed =p.

beautiful OT now I just need to print it and draw on it!

I suppose I could upload a version without the paper background just in case someone actually wants to print it.

Edit: Nevermind, already did it; http://imgur.com/a/vbgZM

Retro

who colors their lions green

Rare Mordrem Lion.

It's Rytlock's shit eating grin that makes it so funny.

Totally not intentional. Just took one of the little teaser images and gradually tweaked it until it was a cheap-looking-yet-not-ass-ugly black and white version, and he just sort of ended up with it. That's probably my favorite gag in the OT, for what it's worth.

Cathcart

Such thread. Retro with the skills.

who colors their lions green

Color blind people! One time in kindergarten I colored a person green and the teacher lady yelled at me. Like legit yelled who colors people green?! Lady I'm five and I thought we were the Hulk. It was messed up.

Anyway I think green lions look awesome! But mostly because I probably don't realize they are green.

Ashodin

More interesting stuff from that video:

Mordrem Punishers! If you watch, a few pop up. They have a teal/green 'energy' bar beneath them, which fills as enemies die.

Interesting enemy mechanics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom