• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I've been playing a lot lately, haha. I started to play heavily about a week or so ago, and I was sitting at 10g, now I'm up near 300g >.>

I'm hoarding mats. At all levels. I'm trying to finish as much as I can before expansion.

Then when expansion hits, I will probably buy a bunch of

Character Name Changes and Total Makeover Kits.

:

I have 3 professions I have not gotten to 500, and leatherworking has not been unlocked past 150. It means, I have around 10 backpack crafting skins not unlocked. The Cooking one with the Iron Bull looks amazing.
I need 6 Aetherblade Path Achievements
A bunch of Drytop Achievements
All of Season 2 Achievements
All of Silverwaste Achievements
I only have 4 pieces of Heavy Caprice Armor

As for Dungeon Based Armors, I don't know if I should run Dungeons, or do the PvP unlock tracks. I have the dungeon master achievement. So I don't know.

As for skins I want, I have a bunch of Lovestruck and Chaos skins I want, but I've given up on trying to get ticket scraps. I opened 25 black lion chests a few days ago and got 3 scraps.

I also think the state of my dye unlocks is poor. I sold Pyre twice, but have always wanted to unlock it. At least I have Celestial, Charred and Abyss. Good dyes. Good for metal and most cloth surfaces.
I still wish I had more. But dyes are a hard thing to justify.

I also want to craft ascended armor at some point, but I don't know if I should commit to a Berserker stat.

Makeover kits occassionally go on sale. Pick up 5 or so when they do; you'll eventually go through them and you'll thank your past self for buying them. Not sure if I've seen Name Change kits go on sale though.

Hoarding mats isn't a bad idea, but there aren't really any sure bets either. Power leveling is easier than ever so sub-level 80 mats might not ever really make a comeback (except the ones required to make ascended mats). But you never know, a new 'Kart of Thorns' legendary surprise mount might take 20,000 leather squares to craft or something.

There is very little downside to hoarding laurels, karma, and obsidian shards though. I've even hoarded my last 350 WvW tournament tickets on the hope that when Mistforged armor gets released that I'll be able to get multiple pieces where other folks will have to deal with scraps. The worst case scenario is that I'll have more laurels for T6 mats, more obsidian shards for another stack of Dragonite Ingots, and enough WvW tickets to get a couple Mistforged weapons instead of one. But should the hoarding pay off, I'll be able to be first in line to get some really nice HoT items.

Guild Commendations too! There are Guild Halls and Guild Events in HoT confirmed. I can't imagine a dark future where there won't be more neat things to get with Guild Commendations.

Mxrz

Did high Fractal lastnight in a non zerk group and it showed. Mobs took longer to kill, so did more damage, so downed more people, so longer to kill and so on. Geh. Switched out of my zerk after a point, didn't help much. Still +1 advancement.

Doing more pvp with guildies. Ranger remains easy mode.

cvben

Ok, I have another one. I did Ascalonian Catacombs the first time a few nights ago and learned a lot (I.e. Dodge, learn how to use it. Also there are traps, holy hell how many traps did I stumble into).

We got to this place where we used these ghostbuster like things to drag oozes to a place to activate traps (surely this is a unique enough instance to not have it confused with something else hahaha). No one, outside of myself and like one other guy were doing what our defacto leader was telling us to do to beat this guy. It was getting late and I went to bed.

Anyway, how long does that one last and is it always the same thing?

Thorgal

Ok, I have another one. I did Ascalonian Catacombs the first time a few nights ago and learned a lot (I.e. Dodge, learn how to use it. Also there are traps, holy hell how many traps did I stumble into).

We got to this place where we used these ghostbuster like things to drag oozes to a place to activate traps (surely this is a unique enough instance to not have it confused with something else hahaha). No one, outside of myself and like one other guy were doing what our defacto leader was telling us to do to beat this guy. It was getting late and I went to bed.

if everyone knows how the fight works groups can burn him down in seconds once his ghost armor comes off .

every dungeon has a story + 3 paths .

Mxrz

As for Dungeon Based Armors, I don't know if I should run Dungeons, or do the PvP unlock tracks. I have the dungeon master achievement. So I don't know.
Depends on whether you like general pvp more than the specific dungeon. AC, TA, CM, SE, and CoF all have quick runs that are pugged often. HoTW is hard to find pugs for. CoE and Arah have a few more pugs---although seems like most of Arah is paid runs---but can be a bit more challenging.

I also want to craft ascended armor at some point, but I don't know if I should commit to a Berserker stat.
Zerk armor will always be useful somewhere. Even if it somehow became unpopular, you could swap it off to an Alt. If nothing else the gap for armor isn't too big.

Path 2 is technically faster than path 3, but random pugs struggle with the ending bit as you saw. Experienced groups usually do the banner/respawn to speed up Detha, fill one trap then dps the boss. In theory it doesn't take too much longer than Path 1. But outside of full clear groups at reset, most pugs botch the P2 boss in some fashion.

Ashodin

To continue the trend of awesome images, I hope this one helps a lot of people out:

2LJhZBA.png

AIRic

Hi GWGAF! I've been playing this game every day since I bought it on sale a few weeks ago. I'm already level 69 and would really like to be a part of The GAF guild. My thief name is Belphegorika. I played most MMO since WoW and GW2 is the first one to get me hooked since the first three expansion of WoW. Simply amazing game!

Levyne

Banned
Hi GWGAF! I've been playing this game every day since I bought it on sale a few weeks ago. I'm already level 69 and would really like to be a part of The GAF guild. My thief name is Belphegorika. I played most MMO since WoW and GW2 is the first one to get me hooked since the first three expansion of WoW. Simply amazing game!

Hello, I invited you. Make sure to press g to see the invite and represent to see chat.

Man its so fun exploring the world in this game!

I just love running round and getting all the vistas and waypoints etc I might even attempt 100% world completion!

Phenomenal job with the OT, Retro! It definitely has a unique look to it.

Considering the expansion will be playable soon at the convention, do you guys think they will fully reveal the Revenant profession leading up to that?

Krash

Neo Member
Hey, folks. Just hopped back into the game after a long hiatus after hearing all the expansion news (really I just want to use a greatsword with my necro *crosses fingers*).

Could I get an invite to the guild? My username is "Krash.8239". Thanks!

Levyne

Banned
Hey, folks. Just hopped back into the game after a long hiatus after hearing all the expansion news (really I just want to use a greatsword with my necro *crosses fingers*).

Could I get an invite to the guild? My username is "Krash.8239". Thanks!

Done. And I can't quite tell by the wording of your post, but Necro Greatsword is confirmed. Though we don't know the details about the specialization for it or how it exactly works.

Krash

Neo Member
Done. And I can't quite tell by the wording of your post, but Necro Greatsword is confirmed. Though we don't know the details about the specialization for it or how it exactly works.

I actually did miss that. Praise Grenth, hah. Thanks for the invite!

Retro

Considering the expansion will be playable soon at the convention, do you guys think they will fully reveal the Revenant profession leading up to that?

Definitely, at the rate they're going. Maybe not a 100% clear picture, but enough of the details to get a pretty solid idea of what the profession will offer.

Alright my name is mightyowl.4270 requesting guild membership.

Looks like Levyne got you too, welcome.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Missions were tons of fun tonight. I've missed you guys!
My fundraiser was an overwhelming failure. In total you all donated 5c, 4 sticks of butter, a slab of meat, and a useless rune. Not enough for a magic carpet this time.

But I do have a gift for GAF Guild. I present to you, Ryan Kosling.

0LZYE8d.png

Hey guys and gals I'd like an invite to the guild!

Everyday Math.6514

Been getting kinda lonely playing by myself.

Edit: thanks for the Invite :)

Unicorn

been getting a level per night for a few days now. I'm at 21 now. I'll be able to PvP soon enough.
KuGsj.gif

also for a reward on a story quest I got a key to open those chests where you normally have to pay money for keys. Is it better to wait for max level to open them? Are the chests level-locked or something equivalent? I just don't want to waste this key haha.

My fundraiser was an overwhelming failure. In total you all donated 5c, 4 sticks of butter, a slab of meat, and a useless rune. Not enough for a magic carpet this time.

0LZYE8d.png
Lol. Nice one.

Retro

also for a reward on a story quest I got a key to open those chests where you normally have to pay money for keys. Is it better to wait for max level to open them? Are the chests level-locked or something equivalent? I just don't want to waste this key haha.

Nah. Nothing in them should be level-dependent, just crack it open.

spiritfox

0LZYE8d.png

I claim responsibility for this abomination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom