• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 public Beta is here for pre-purchases! [Stress Test June 27th]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

God, the download client's artwork is amazing. I know I've said it before, but holy shit... looks especially nice with that Concept Art desktop too.
L6r6z.jpg
This thread is going to get flooded with screenshots if we're already blown away by the art used on the updater.

Download speed is soooooo slow... guess that's what happens when the server is completely spammed. :p

I was at 50% and had to restart. For some reason the update stopped when they started sending out the emails.

God, the download client's artwork is amazing. I know I've said it before, but holy shit... looks especially nice with that Concept Art desktop too.

This thread is going to get flooded with screenshots if we're already blown away by the art used on the updater.

:lol I have the same background. Been using it since we were talking about the Kodan.

rybrad

Your Firefox tab is giving away how you are passing the time until the beta.

Retro

For those at work...

What to expect:
  • Starting experience for Norn, Human and Charr.
  • Personal story up to level 20 for all those races/professions.
  • Competitive PVP available (two maps, leveled to max, all traits/skills).
  • WvW available.
  • Lion's Arch available for the first time.
  • All maps now have additional chests, boss monsters. Go out and explore!

Your Firefox tab is giving away how you are passing the time until the beta.

Hmm? Oh, that. Got into the TERA Beta and that was the default directory name.

J-Rzez

Late summer if we're lucky.

Bleh. That'd be pretty lame if true, to have such a long "prepurchase" time in between.

Also. Just out of curious nature, what are the "somethings to work for" in this game? Did they ever say? What's the carrot on the stick here? Is there rated PVP with titles? Cooler looking gear? I'm trying to get a short explanation together for my one friend who's all about the old grinds in MMOs.

Jira

I'd said this before, but I'll say it again since the client is officially up.

The speed that the client is reporting isn't the speed you're probably getting. If you note how much data it has downloaded and the actual time it has taken with your clock you'll see that you're likely getting your full speed as I am right now. If it were going at the speed that it says it is, I wouldn't have got 3.3gb already.

Complistic

my fraps is ready

Interesting browsing

Saberj

Neo Member
Out of curiosity, is anyone else having issues accessing the forums? I just got my confirmation, which had the forum link in it. However, much like when I went to the link before, I constantly get "502 Bad Gateway" errors when I try to accept the EULA thingy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I opened the GW2.exe and it immediately started downloading. Where is it downloading these files to? Do not like this.

Retro

What's the carrot on the stick here? I'm trying to get a short explanation together for my one friend who's all about the old grinds in MMOs.

Having fun. That's your goal.
There's no rush to max level, there's no loot treadmill waiting when you get there.
You're automatically kicked up to max level, with all of your traits and skills unlocked in Competitive PVP, and kicked up to max level for WvW.

Instead of spending your time chasing after some aspect of the game so you can start to have fun, GW2 is actually fun from start to finish.

I opened the GW2.exe and it immediately started downloading. Where is it downloading these files to? Do not like this.

I'm wondering this too. I left it downloading over night, woke up to see it finished with the client music playing in the background. I closed it, shut down and came back to run it again only to not see where the heck everything was installed. Although, it is nice to see there is a music folder available.

edit: Nevermind I found it.

knitoe

Seems to download to a encrypted file called GW2.dat in the same folder. The size increase to match what's stated on the download window. I am guessing it will extract and let you install after finishing.

Mulligan

Banned
Is there anyway to save the file to E: folder? My C: folder is almost full and won't be able to store the client but when i click on the download link it opens the client straight away without letting me choose where to put it..

Jira

Seems to download to a encrypted file called GW2.dat in the same folder. The size increase to match what's stated on the download window. I am guessing it will extract and let you install after finishing.

No, that .dat is it.

Your exe is your launcher, your patcher and the actual game exe itself. The .dat is all of the game files in a single file.

J-Rzez

Having fun. That's your goal.
There's no rush to max level, there's no loot treadmill waiting when you get there.
You're automatically kicked up to max level, with all of your traits and skills unlocked in Competitive PVP, and kicked up to max level for WvW.

Instead of spending your time chasing after some aspect of the game so you can start to have fun, GW2 is actually fun from start to finish.

Right, I understand and look forward to that. But isn't there anything to work for, at all, to make yourself different?

Right, I understand and look forward to that. But isn't there anything to work for, at all, to make yourself different?

Dyes. Lots and lots of dyes.

Also armor and all that good stuff as well. Jira linked to a list that had a lot of this stuff in a arenanet blog post.

Absinthe

Is there anyway to save the file to E: folder? My C: folder is almost full and won't be able to store the client but when i click on the download link it opens the client straight away without letting me choose where to put it..

I'm pretty sure you can just move the GW2.exe, GW2.dat, and GW2.tmp files to any folder you want and run it from that folder. Obviously this would require you do download the .exe to a location you want it at, and then you would be able to move it anywhere.

Complistic

If their previous email roll outs are any indications it could take several hours for everyone to get their emails. No need to panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom