• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd: Chipp, May, Venom, Potemkin confirmed.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
MAY LOOKS LOVELY!

THANK YOU GOD FOR NOT LETTING WHOEVER DESIGNED BLAZBLUE'S CHARACTERS NEAR THIS GAME!!!

TreIII

Potemkin's new look is odd, but I can see it growing on me. Definitely need to have a classic skin as his 2P/Unlockable outfit, though.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
For those worrying about Potemkin, keep in mind he was killed in Accent Core Plus' story mode. So, this can only mean:

MECHA-POTEMKIN IN DA HOUSE BAYBEE!

For those worrying about Potemkin, keep in mind he was killed in Accent Core Plus' story mode. So, this can only mean:

MECHA-POTEMKIN IN DA HOUSE BAYBEE!

I was about to post something to that extent.

If it's not the Robo-Potemkin we saw in that ending, then maybe Zepp scientists thought "Gentlemen. We have the technology; we can rebuild him."

Either way is fine with me, so long as I can Potemkin Buster some punks.

Canti.

May look better here
lDbMP2q.jpg

Hate the new designs, they look kinda generic and lifeless :/

Chipp needs some more time in the oven, but everyone else generally looks ok.

I wonder how they're going to do Zappa if they bring him back. He's pretty much straight-up squash-and-stretch classic Darkstalkers.

kirblar

So w/ Eddie essentially confirmed by the first preview, this makes 8.

(No surprise that he wouldn't be one of the first characters done.)

Mr. X

Was hoping for some new characters.

Venom looks the same but his moveset has some new moves and old moves gone.

nded

I'm assuming the illustrations are based on their 3D models, or are at least representative of them. Not digging the weird muppet mouths, but I can't say I pay attention to those when I'm playing a fighting game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm assuming the illustrations are based on their 3D models, or are at least representative of them. Not digging the weird muppet mouths, but I can't say I pay attention to those when I'm playing a fighting game.

They are the 3D models.

Except for Sol and Ky iirc, which are actual illustrations.

MasterRain

Neo Member
I don't really like the style of GG, even though the games are great, HOWEVER new potemkin looks too good. Its like some mechanical god of war who wants to grapple the shit outta you. The rest are OK I guess, going with that heavy metal anime style.

Steaks

Depending on the ending you use, Potemkin is dead. Explains the armor.

Anyway I like the new look. I liked the old one too. The new shoes look derpy but otherwise I'm pretty satisfied. I'm betting he was redesigned like that because hew wasn't that visually appealing to Japanese players.

I really want to see what his new moves do. The K thing might be the forward grab he's had before, but it could be something totally different. In his EX versions, he had a similar HS style move in the air which let him dive at the opponent. Probably something to give him another airdashish option like Hammerfall is for a dash.

Road

The artworks are all terrible.

At least in motiom there won't time to keep staring at them. *trying to stay positive*

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I just noticed Potemkin's gloves have "Burly Heart" engraved on them. Awesome.

Chip's face looks sorta weird there...just looks off to me

Potemkin sure leveled up though, I love characters that look like some super tough knights! The more crazy armor, the better.

Imm0rt4l

Anji pls

Chip's face looks sorta weird there...just looks off to me

Potemkin sure leveled up though, I love characters that look like some super tough knights! The more crazy armor, the better.

I think sol and ky's are too, it's a little different artstyle it seems.

Imm0rt4l

If you could only have one of the two, it being good or the fgc embracing it, which would you prefer?

I guess it being good. That's actually a really good, and tough question. I mean, I think KOF13 is awesome, but I can't be bothered to play it since the netcode is trash. I'm now wondering if my not playing it is more a result of not being able to play anyone online, or because I know it wouldn't get the size audience of sf4. But I guess 'good' is really relative. There's a lot of things I don't like about ssf4, but I enjoy the game probably mostly in part because so many people play it.

Top Bottom