• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd: Chipp, May, Venom, Potemkin confirmed.

Qvoth

if i'm not mistaken chipp can travel along the wall/corner now

may has ensenga? (yes, with the question mark)

Qvoth

just realized it's actually written on the site that "for this 1st loketest, you can use 7 characters"

sounds like full version will have quite a few more

Time to sit back and wait for Jam & Slayer to get confirmed because I don't think Order=Sol will be making an appearance.

And taking a look at the translated info lets on that we're somewhere in the events of Overture. I'd expect to see some of those characters here. Probably Sin, Valentine, Raven & Izuna. This probably also means no Dizzy & Testament unless this game will serve as a huge retcon to Overture which makes anything is possible. Should be interesting to see how that shakes out.

TreIII

Time to sit back and wait for Jam & Slayer to get confirmed because I don't think Order=Sol will be making an appearance.

And taking a look at the translated info lets on that we're somewhere in the events of Overture. I'd expect to see some of those characters here. Probably Sin, Valentine, Raven & Izuna. This probably also means no Dizzy & Testament unless this game will serve as a huge retcon to Overture which makes anything is possible. Should be interesting to see how that shakes out.
I don't think a retcon would be that necessary. With the Valentine that was ruining shit dealt with at the end of Overture, the whole "Gear sublimation" incident should have been deal with, as well. Thus, Ky shouldn't need to keep her in suspended animation anymore, I'd like to think.

Besides, Dizzy is like the 3rd most popular character according to the most recent poll. They'll likely find a way to make sure she's in.

Fandangox

Wonder if Johnny's hair will be visible during gameplay now that we have 3D models instead of sprites.

I always assumed his long hair was out cause it'd be hard to animate.

I don't think a retcon would be that necessary. With the Valentine that was ruining shit dealt with at the end of Overture, the whole "Gear sublimation" incident should have been deal with, as well. Thus, Ky shouldn't need to keep her in suspended animation anymore, I'd like to think.

Besides, Dizzy is like the 3rd most popular character according to the most recent poll. They'll likely find a way to make sure she's in.

Now that I think about it this game being Xrd may just be that and we may be in a new part of the narrative now. If this is the case then Dizzy & Sin will be there and it'll be a family affair. I just want some of the Overture characters to make it just for the fact of the possibilities that the game left for those characters to be in a fighting game.

Kusano123

Neo Member
What is going on with Chipp's face?

Actually, what is going with the new art style!?

Oh hey, at least Venom looks the same!

Fuck it, an actually new guilty gear is better than having another revision of X2!

Chippy Z! :D Potemkin looks pretty rockin', too. The only other fighters that could excite me this much are Darkstalkers, Samurai Shodown, maybe Red Earth. Can't wait to dive head first into this upon its eventual release.

Busaiku

Probably just the perspective, but May's a little taller than she used to be relative to the anchor.
So yeah, maybe she's grown, maybe.

Busaiku

So according to the site, the only character to change significantly was May (10 lbs heavier).
Millia's slightly shorter/lighter, but it could also be due to rounding error.

Keasar

regpVpJ.png

I know who I am gonna main.

Really liking Chipp and Potemkin's new designs. Also glad they're doing what they did from the original to X and giving characters a noticeable design change. It's refreshing for a series that's seen little aesthetic change for over a decade.

I like Potemkin's and Millia's changes so far. Shifts their color pallete to ones not already present in the cast (barring alt. colors).

However, the only thing that comes to mind when seeing Pot's new shoes is: "My goodness, that buffed 5K hurtbox."

spoonztt

Anyone know if they plan on streaming the location tests ? I seem to recall they streamed the +R location tests at one point. Hidden phone cam recordings will not do this justice.

TreIII

Now that I think about it this game being Xrd may just be that and we may be in a new part of the narrative now. If this is the case then Dizzy & Sin will be there and it'll be a family affair. I just want some of the Overture characters to make it just for the fact of the possibilities that the game left for those characters to be in a fighting game.

I'm counting on it, actually! Considering that Ky's profile definitely lists his status as being a King, it's safe to presume that this game not only takes place after the XX series, but GG2O, as well.

Besides, they'll never have a better chance to reintroduce the GG2O characters in a game that more people will stand to play. For example, Mecha-Valentine could just stand to be a replacement/inheritor of Justice's place in the roster, and I've been waiting on Raven to be a playable character in "GG proper" for years.

Mesoian

None of my mains have been announced...

::Sigh::

I will make a new Faust Cosplay for this...when he's revealed...

Tizoc

AW YEAH MY HOMIE POTEMKIN UP IN THIS BITCH!
What does he profile say and did he get any new moves?

Hope they announce new characters for the game though. Returning is OK, but new characters is where its at!

Steaks

Location test footage is forbidden, so it could be a bit.
It starts on the 9th though.

Usually some person finds a way with a cell phone camera hidden in their pocket or bag. It often goes up after the first loketest date at night (Japan), so like, morning-afternoon here of the day the test happens is when we usually see the first loketest footage. Sometimes at a very late hour if they upload in the morning. This almost invariably happens with ArcSys games. Can't remember a loketest without footage.

yeah I remember some stealth Blaz footage back in the day even though recording was forbidden. nothing beats direct feed, but beggars can't choose.

Takuan

Chipp was my shit back in the day when I was still competent at fighters. I'm onnit like flies on shit brah.

I'm counting on it, actually! Considering that Ky's profile definitely lists his status as being a King, it's safe to presume that this game not only takes place after the XX series, but GG2O, as well.

Besides, they'll never have a better chance to reintroduce the GG2O characters in a game that more people will stand to play. For example, Mecha-Valentine could just stand to be a replacement/inheritor of Justice's place in the roster, and I've been waiting on Raven to be a playable character in "GG proper" for years.

It'd be too good and opportunity to pass up to be honest. Just might be that time though.

I'll just wait for Fanny in this corner here.

Chev

They're 3D models but some have been partially painted over, with May's face being the most obvious one. Look in the PDF for May's actual model face for comparison.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
They're 3D models but some have been partially painted over, with May's face being the most obvious one. Look in the PDF for May's actual model face for comparison.

Looks MUCH better. Chipp's face does too

Not a fan of the artwork for this game so far but at least the models look good.

Top Bottom