• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd: Chipp, May, Venom, Potemkin confirmed.

Steaks

Everyone thought Zanuff was a foreign name and asked for his birth certificate, so he had his name changed.

Duhhhh.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone thought Zanuff was a foreign name and asked for his birth certificate, so he had his name changed.

Duhhhh.

Chipp 'Nuff Said.

I can get behind that.

EDIT: dammit renz

Designs are OK, I'm not worried because DLC will fix everything but is too bad that they didn't stick with Daisuke's style a little more, May looks funny with those pants and Potemkin looks weirdm can't imagine what are they going to do with Baiken and I-No.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone only plays girls apparently on gaf :x

Some of the portraits look weird, but they got time to straighten it out. I just want to see the ingame models in motion. Cellphone cam ninjas don't let me down!

I can't wait for Testament. Hope he makes the transition from Accent Core.(don't think everyone is from that game)

Skilletor

Everyone only plays girls apparently on gaf :x

Some of the portraits look weird, but they got time to straighten it out. I just want to see the ingame models in motion. Cellphone cam ninjas don't let me down!

I can't wait for Testament. Hope he makes the transition from Accent Core.(don't think everyone is from that game)

I play Chipp. This + +R buffs = happy skilletor.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Testament was in it since the beginning.

Well I mean the roster in general. I def think there will be some cuts as this is a new game and the roster is p huge in AC. On top of them probably wanting to add some original characters as well

basically sucks to be an O.Sol player.

Ravidrath

Potemfaust / Panzerkin!

DLC_Panzerfaust.png

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
For those worrying about Potemkin, keep in mind he was killed in Accent Core Plus' story mode. So, this can only mean:

MECHA-POTEMKIN IN DA HOUSE BAYBEE!

Just looks like he has on a uniform to me

I was actually thinking the story was going to pick up from Reload, as I'm not sure Ishiwatari was involved in the story stuff afterwards in AC and from what I understand it was mostly inconsequential and fanservice

DominoKid

Order Sol pls... :(

Well I mean the roster in general. I def think there will be some cuts as this is a new game and the roster is p huge in AC. On top of them probably wanting to add some original characters as well

basically sucks to be an O.Sol player.

at this point i'll just settle for an HOS costume.
although a separate HOS character would be too dope.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone pull the list of finalists from ASWs popularity contest from a couple of months ago? Are all these characters among the top 10?

Qvoth

potemkin looks great
chipp and may don't look different at all? anybody noticed anything different?
venom looks buff as fuck, too buffed imo, oh and doesn't look like he had any real design changes either

Naite

Are Mike and Alex freaking out.

I'm sure Mike wouldn't mind, he plays Pot and I'm sure he'd enjoy playing a character that looks related to something from his project.

Can anyone pull the list of finalists from ASWs popularity contest from a couple of months ago? Are all these characters among the top 10?
10. Slayer
9. Jam
8. May
7. Johnny
6. Chipp
5. Baiken
4. Ky
3. Dizzy
2. Sol
1. Bridget

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I still think the game is a reboot plot wise, but who cares about plot in a fighting game...

I actually care about Guilty Gear's more than any other fighting game

It's actually the only one I care about really

Rhapsody

Banned
No Eddie yet?

I'm starting to worry... *bites lip*

Eddie's basically confirmed because of the trailer. Pretty sure they just haven't completed him yet because of how he is. I didn't expect him to make it to this 1st loketest anyways since I figured he would've been revealed on the site like Millia did.

Unless your post was sarcasm, I don't know lol

Eddie's basically confirmed because of the trailer. Pretty sure they just haven't completed him yet because of how he is. I didn't expect him to make it to this 1st loketest anyways since I figured he would've been revealed on the site like Millia did.

Unless your post was sarcasm, I don't know lol

It's not...I'm a huge Eddie fan! He's my favorite character to play out of all fighting games. I know he's in the trailer, I'm just starting to worry he's only in the story or background stages.

:-/ I would assume he'd be harder to create in 3D with his mind game (pet/mines)

Rhapsody

Banned
It's not...I'm a huge Eddie fan! He's my favorite character to play out of all fighting games. I know he's in the trailer, I'm just starting to worry he's only in the story or background stages.

:-/ I would assume he'd be harder to create in 3D with his mind game (pet/mines)

Ok. Lately, I've been taking posts literal so sometimes I confuse myself lol

And I imagine Eddie and Zappa to be the hardest to convert to for 3D. Lot of weird movements and everything.

TreIII

I still think the game is a reboot plot wise, but who cares about plot in a fighting game...

Seeing how Ky's profile refers to him being a "King", it's safe to say that this is not only a sequel to the XX series, but GG2, as well.

And besides, GG's actually had one of the more enjoyable narratives in fighters.

Top Bottom