• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd REVELATOR PS4 PreOrder Demo Out (JP/EU/US) with PS3 Stick Support!

Does this have the awesome revelator OP video as well every time you boot the demo up?

Should I wait for a limited edition announcement or just preorder digitally?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Golden Arena though, mmmmm that was some good stuff.
The grind for the platinum was a nightmare though. MOM I find hella convoluted.

Does this have the awesome revelator OP video as well every time you boot the demo up?

At this point I think I'll get the PS4 version digitally and the PS3 version on retail for free online. Well fucking played ASW and Aksys.

Nocturno999

I'm waiting for a limited edition too.

Xrd's whole package is one of the best of this generation.

I'm waiting for a limited edition too.

Xrd's whole package is one of the best of this generation.

Yea I agree. Isn't it a bit late for them to announce that though? :( I see the JP one has a limited version with a visual book and live 2014 archives(?)

Edit: Amiami lists it as having the following :

Set Contents]
-PS4 GUILTY GEAR Xrd -REVELATOR-
[Limited Box Bonus]
-New illustration designed premium box by Daisuke Ishiwatari
-Visual fan book
-Live audio used live ver. "GUILTY GEAR Sound LIVE 2014 Archives"
[Early Purchase Bonus]
-Download product code for in-game playable character "Kum Haehyun"

Just goes straight into the menu, no opening movie.

Damn :( Thanks.

Slaythe

Just goes straight into the menu, no opening movie.

That's not true.

If you wait 10 seconds it has some story bits then it has the kick ass intro.

Also i thought pre orders were getting some DLC colors ? I can't find that info anywhere on the psn store.

Tu101uk

That's not true.

If you wait 10 seconds it has some story bits then it has the kick ass intro.

Also i thought pre orders were getting some DLC colors ? I can't find that info anywhere on the psn store.
Hmm? It definitely says in on the UK store:
RwkGLHI.png

The pre-order is up but I can't find the demo (if it's even up yet). On the app there's a "dl to PS4" option but it doesn't say demo and it just endlessly loads. On the PS4 store it just says "full game available in 60 days".

Tu101uk

The pre-order is up but I can't find the demo (if it's even up yet). On the app there's a "dl to PS4" option but it doesn't say demo and it just endlessly loads. On the PS4 store it just says "full game available in 60 days".
On the PS4 PSN store is there a "Try Demo" button underneath the countdown? That's where it was for me but obviously that's for UK/EU store, could very well be different for US.

You can also try your download list/library on PS4.

Has it been confirmed that the US store takes the money right away when you preorder? I've preordered Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi on the Japanese PSN, and it didn't take the funds until release day. I'm a bit short on cash due to some unexpected PC repairs, so I can't get it right away.

Tu101uk

Updated the OP to reflect the US pre-order going up with the demo. It looks like there might be regional differences with the bonuses, the US page does not mention Kum Haeyun being playable on release or the DLC colours (though they did mention them when they first announced the demo according to SRK).
Has it been confirmed that the US store takes the money right away when you preorder? I've preordered Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi on the Japanese PSN, and it didn't take the funds until release day. I'm a bit short on cash due to some unexpected PC repairs, so I can't get it right away.
This is a screenshot from the US store, apparently no refunds or cancellations depending on state law according to that last line.
Also could a Mod please change the thread title to reflect the US release as well? Cheers much!

Deimo5

Are there any screenshots of cosmetic damage? I've been trying some 5 round versus matches but haven't noticed anything.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit it's $79.99 in Canada. As much as I'm dying to play this now, I'll just wait for my discounted preorder I guess...

Sayad

It's not MK9 level(thank god) with bruises and torn cloth, it just shows that they came out of a fight.

Slaythe

It's not MK9 level(thank god) with bruises and torn cloth, it just shows that they came out of a fight.

They have different levels of damage.

Some are really messed up. Jam gets a bandage on her forehead haha.

But they don't flat out bleed out or have entirely new sets of clothes or anything like that.

It's exactly how it should be done IMO. That was the only thing I could think of the original Xrd missed.

Battle damage ! Now it looks pretty cool.

Also, I barely ever see it when I play alone, but whenever I play versus with a human, it shows up every fight. It's probably not fully implemented.

The DMG are fluid, you can see this Ky doesn't have the exact same ones :

Tu101uk

Just an update for you North Americans pre-ordering through the PlayStation store - looks like you guys and gals won't be getting Kum Haeyun for your preorder, only the DLC colour pack and the demo.

EDIT - looks like another update from Aksys, apparently instead of having it as pre-order DLC, Aksys will make Kum Haeyun, Raven and the DLC colour pack free to download for all, but only for the first two weeks (7th June 2016 to 21st June 2016). After that, you'll have to pay if you miss it. This means that you can go digital or physical for the North American version and still get those DLC bonuses for free.

http://www.aksysgames.com/2016/04/0...or-preorder-demo-available-for-ps4-psn-today/

Unless I missed it the first time, Raven has been added to the DLC preorder bonus list for the Japanese digital release too.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The training mode is just you against a dummy or does it have combo tutorials as well?

Tu101uk

The training mode is just you against a dummy or does it have combo tutorials as well?
No it's just Training Mode (a really in-depth training mode at that), the full game on release will have Tutorial and individual character Challenge modes.

zoobzone

How many new songs are in the demo?

You can select the 3 new character songs thats it, but there are more songs in episode mode that aren't selectable in the demo.

A note for all Millia players, 6K > S tandem or 2S > S tandem does not work on crouching Jam, it's been that way since Revelator came out in arcades.

Wow, these characters look even better than on -Sign-, going by the screenshots. I guess that they've upgraded to Unreal Engine 4 this time around.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
If I download the game under my account on my friend's PS4 that will count as using one of the two available licenses, correct?

Slaythe

If I download the game under my account on my friend's PS4 that will count as using one of the two available licenses, correct?

No. You have only one license.

To play the game on your friend ps4, you will have to be logged in at all times. Your friend can't play it on his account for example.

And you have to make your ps4 the "primary" one too. If you make his ps4 the primary one, he can play on his account.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
No. You have only one license.

To play the game on your friend ps4, you will have to be logged in at all times. Your friend can't play it on his account for example.

And you have to make your ps4 the "primary" one too. If you make his ps4 the primary one, he can play on his account.

What happens is that I don't have a PS4 and borrow my friend's occasionally, but I've always played retail games on it. I wanna get a PS4K down the line, but if I understand what you're saying I should be ok as long as I set whatever PS4 as my primary, correct? On the PS3 you had a limited number of activation for digital titles, which is why I'm asking this in the first place.

Pompadour

I pre-ordered the game today at work using my phone but no option to download the Demo appears on the actual store on the PS4, my phone, or my PC. Hitting the download button for the game causes endless loading. What's the issue here?

In your Library on PS4 it should have a 'Try the demo' button.

---
I'm surprised, some of these story episodes in the demo are... pretty good. Folks weren't lying when they said it has more content than SF5 at launch, lol.

Moraizen

I hope people start Tweeting about the Raven DLC situation to PQube in Europe and figure out if they manage to also offer the character like in the other regions. The EU release needs all the love it can get after all the crap we got in the past.

Slaythe

I hope people start Tweeting about the Raven DLC situation to PQube in Europe and figure out if they manage to also offer the character like in the other regions. The EU release needs all the love it can get after all the crap we got in the past.

Raven is unlockable in the game anyway, you just have to beat story mode and you can get him.

It's not like it's a big deal.

Moraizen

Raven is unlockable in the game anyway, you just have to beat story mode and you can get him.

It's not like it's a big deal.

Like Sin in Xrd? Ahh cool, somehow I missed that info. In that case I'm fine with him being "locked", I plan on playing through Story Mode anyway.

Still, kind of weird that they would announce him as pre-order DLC... It's like pre-ordering a cheat code. But I guess that is for the people who just want to enjoy the multiplayer part of the game, which fine by me.

Anbec7

It looks a lot better.
Question trying Jacko, seeing some combos she seems cool.
But currently playing on pad, on a hori commander 4.
How do pad players set up their controls?

I have to pre order to play a demo?

The world we live in now....
it may be called a demo, but its more a bone thrown to competitive players. There is more here than any other demo in history as its the entire arcade version of the game, ported over to consoles.

There is really so much here that it could cost sales of the final game if they offered it freely.

Got the demo, really enjoying it.

My first Guilty Gear though so I'm kinda button mashing at times lol

How do I go about getting gud?

Top Bottom