• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Rhapsody

Banned
My old site did lol (RIP OG Guardcrush.NET) and probably Dustloop or at least a forum. I don't know how up to date it is though. It sucks because there's no good console port. So unless you have an AW or are playing on emulator it's a no go.

Anyway on topic for Ramlethal and Jack O, any Japanese players I should try to shadow? It's too early for Jack O, but definitely for Ramlethal and BnBs. I'm kinda motivated now, and I'll try to squeeze Revelator in with Tekken 7/old games/Pokemon.

Takehara for Ramlethal. Some 1.1 vids I remember would be Arc Revo, that GG event with Daigo and Ogawa's team, and also KVO x TSB.
I don't have the vids on hand though but there's a lot of good content of him there.

Edit: Actually I think, KVO x TSB was prepatch stuff, but you can still learn a lot from there too

Essay

My old site did lol (RIP OG Guardcrush.NET) and probably Dustloop or at least a forum. I don't know how up to date it is though. It sucks because there's no good console port. So unless you have an AW or are playing on emulator it's a no go.

Yep, Dustloop forum and nothing more that I can find.

Anyway on topic for Ramlethal and Jack O, any Japanese players I should try to shadow? It's too early for Jack O, but definitely for Ramlethal and BnBs. I'm kinda motivated now, and I'll try to squeeze Revelator in with Tekken 7/old games/Pokemon.

Jack-O's still a bit young, but I saw particularly promising stuff for her from Koichi, the I-No veteran, as well as Sharon, the prominent Elphelt player. There were a few other names I didn't recognize floating around though – Kakishi comes to mind – but we'll have to wait and see who really goes all-in with the character in the weeks to come.

For Ramlethal, Daiji's been the main innovator and loyalist, but I have to say that Karinchu has been the most successful. However, Karinchu plays half a dozen characters, and I honestly can't say if he'd consider himself a Ramlethal, Millia or Sol main. Hohiko is worth watching as a Ramlethal player too, and might show some of the more accessible BnB's compared to Daiji who gravitates towards the tougher, optimal stuff.

lupinko

Takehara for Ramlethal. Some 1.1 vids I remember would be Arc Revo, that GG event with Daigo and Ogawa's team, and also KVO x TSB.
I don't have the vids on hand though but there's a lot of good content of him there.

Edit: Actually I think, KVO x TSB was prepatch stuff, but you can still learn a lot from there too

Yep, Dustloop forum and nothing more that I can find.

Jack-O's still a bit young, but I saw particularly promising stuff for her from Koichi, the I-No veteran, as well as Sharon, the prominent Elphelt player. There were a few other names I didn't recognize floating around though – Kakishi comes to mind – but we'll have to wait and see who really goes all-in with the character in the weeks to come.

For Ramlethal, Daiji's been the main innovator and loyalist, but I have to say that Karinchu has been the most successful. However, Karinchu plays half a dozen characters, and I honestly can't say if he'd consider himself a Ramlethal, Millia or Sol main. Hohiko is worth watching as a Ramlethal player too, and might show some of the more accessible BnB's compared to Daiji who gravitates towards the tougher, optimal stuff.

Thanks I'll have stuff to study with.

Zissou

Uhh... how do you fight Bedman? Everytime I fight one I'm just kind of flailing around wildly with no clear strategy while shadow shit is flying everywhere and he's teleporting all over the place.

NEO0MJ

Uhh... how do you fight Bedman? Everytime I fight one I'm just kind of flailing around wildly with no clear strategy while shadow shit is flying everywhere and he's teleporting all over the place.

Its been some time since I played but one of Bedman's biggest problem is his close range game and the lack of a reliable reversal. Also, hit the symbols he leaves around to make them disappear immediately.

Zissou

Its been some time since I played but one of Bedman's biggest problem is his close range game and the lack of a reliable reversal. Also, hit the symbols he leaves around to make them disappear immediately.

Playing Faust, I have trouble since his cr.HS moves fuck up item tosses and his fwd dash can counter long range pokes. That and his boomerang head toss is really annoying since it controls so much of the screen for so long.

Marz

Yea I have no idea how Bedman works either. He's one of those unique characters that you have to get a ton of matchup exp. against or play him yourself to understand the MU.

Sayad

Re-posting here:

udemFdJmueQ.jpg

Sol in first place, nobody is surprised.

However, I am still entertained by how ridiculously popular the character is.

Steep drop off after 4th place.

Still no Dr. Paradigm, can't count on anime for nothin.

Though Anji is higher than I thought he would be so thats a plus.
Yeah, that is what I take away from this. He already has a significant number of votes on his own, but with Baiken they command quite a bit of respect. Too bad it's only enough to get them ready for 2017 or over.

I'm surprised by Zappa's results, though. I thought guys like him and Testament were more popular. I certainly saw far far more of them than I did Anji, but things have changed nowadays.

Essay

Re-posting here:

Are these open-and-even-vote results, or are these the voting results that were generated based on arcade players grinding the game and then putting their earnings towards boosting their character-of-choice up the standings?

Didn't think Robo-Ky and Anji were more popular than Zappa. Hope he still manages to make it in the next version.
From things I've read on the internet (and /v/ recently) Zappa sounds like Guilty Gear's VSav Wolf. A lot of Japanese aren't exactly keen on his play-style. Anji is on a whole other level. He has more points than both Zappa and Robo-Ky put together. I feel bad for Kliff and Justice when I look at the current results lol.
We need more Valentines. Ramlethal, Elphelt, Jack-O. Can't get enough of them.
We've got plenty already.

Zissou

Played a good Chipp the other night for the first time… ever, and I had no idea what the hell was going on. What do you do against this character? o_O

I was trying a bunch of stuff just to see what might be effective (a lot of drill cancel j.HS to see if it’d punish teleports, for example) but didn't really come up with anything great. Seems so dangerous/risky to do almost anything since his crazy mobility and teleports means he could be wherever he wants in the blink of an eye.

Zissou

You flail around like an idiot then finally land a hit and play like normal.

I guess that makes sense, haha.

It’s hard to even keep all of his options in mind- he has a million specials and then they could come from anywhere due to his amazing mobility (it’s really hard to understand what space he controls relative to other characters in the game).

Seyob

Blocking his setups on wakeup in the corner when he climbs the wall is absolutely maddening. I've had a good Chipp player explain it to me but my brain definitely can't cope with such convoluted phases!

Hey, so I bought this game and am enjoying it quite a bit (though I suck at fighting games in general so it's not enjoying it successfully), so I'd like to check out some of the older titles.

What games are worth checking out whether it's for story, unique characters, gameplay evolution or whatever?

The original seems to be available as a PS1 classic, and looking on ebay for PAL copies, Guilty Gear X2 (PS2), X2 #Reload (PS2), and XX Accent Core (Wii) seem fairly easy to come across.

Are all the X2/XX games just revisions of each other or are they unique games?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hey, so I bought this game and am enjoying it quite a bit (though I suck at fighting games in general so it's not enjoying it successfully), so I'd like to check out some of the older titles.

What games are worth checking out whether it's for story, unique characters, gameplay evolution or whatever?

The original seems to be available as a PS1 classic, and looking on ebay for PAL copies, Guilty Gear X2 (PS2), X2 #Reload (PS2), and XX Accent Core (Wii) seem fairly easy to come across.

Are all the X2/XX games just revisions of each other or are they unique games?

GGX is it's own game, x2, reload, and slash are all revisions of X2, accent core is different game. Accent core plus has the new story mode

Celcius

°Temp. member
I've finally unlocked everything in the gallery and I've level 10 in MOM mode. I'm not sure if I'll finish this mode...

Top Bottom