• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core for the Wii??

duckroll

Kintaro said:
Yeah, just ignore the millions of PS2s still going strong out there. Ok. w/e works though.

Have you seen the pathetic sales of PS2 Guilty Gears lately? The PS2 fanbase is sick of the milking. Maybe there's a Wii audience that hasn't already bought 3 GGXX games that might actually appreciate the release? :p

Slash is already out in Japan, if that's what you're wondering. So its not much of a stretch that Accent Core might be Wii only.

Kintaro said:
Yeah, just ignore the millions of PS2s still going strong out there. Ok. w/e works though.

Geez, going by this mentality there would never be a reason to switch to new consoles. The Wii is new and it's popular. It's as simple as that

wsippel

Banned
Mr. Pointy said:
Are Aksys still passing this off as just rumours?
Yes. But they don't really deny it, either - the admin at Aksys' boards posted this in regards to the games popping up (Gish, GGXX, Hoshigami Remix):

Sorry to burst this bubble, but nothing you've read on the intarweb is official until we say it is.

Patience my friends!

duckroll

Avalon said:
Someone needs to start releasing these Guilty Gear games in NA. My poor PS2 only has Guilty Gear X2. :(

You do know that #reload, Slash and Accent Core are all just X2 right? They're pretty much just balance tweaks. Accent Core is going to be the biggest jump because they re-recorded all the voices (with some changes in casting) and tweaked the backgrounds a little, and added some new systems. But in the end it's still the same game. Same character roaster, same plot, same everything.

Avalon

duckroll said:
You do know that #reload, Slash and Accent Core are all just X2 right? They're pretty much just balance tweaks. Accent Core is going to be the biggest jump because they re-recorded all the voices (with some changes in casting) and tweaked the backgrounds a little, and added some new systems. But in the end it's still the same game. Same character roaster, same plot, same everything.

Yes I know that. :)

I've been playing X2 vanilla for years now and any kind of update would be nice. Didn't #Slash add new moves and two (if you count Aba) new characters?

USD

Wow, Guilty Gear has a ridiculous number of techniques/guages. You got the life bar, tension guage, guard level, and burst meter. Then there's faultless defense, psych bursts, dead angle attacks, roman cancels, false roman cancels, overdrives, instant kills, dead angle attacks, and now force break, slash back, and throw escapes. Still needs more.

wsippel said:
Yes. But they don't really deny it, either - the admin at Aksys' boards posted this in regards to the games popping up (Gish, GGXX, Hoshigami Remix):

Can you give me the URL to the Aksys board?, Thank you :)

Top Bottom