• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R |OT| Ready to rock on STEAM (with netcode!)

Busaiku

I gave them the benefit of doubt with the Accent Core+ port, but they didn't change much at all with +R, which isn't right.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, to sweeten this fuck-up a little bit: here are some BlazBlue palettes on +R (courtesy of SRK forums)

8toD8h0.jpg

Onemic

I gave them the benefit of doubt with the Accent Core+ port, but they didn't change much at all with +R, which isn't right.

After this bullshit, I know the +R patch will change nothing regarding the netcode, even though they said they would make improvements. These guys fuck with their fans way too much.

Who's slayer supposed to be in that palette swap?

And +R removes a bunch of the original palette options. Slayer doesn't have his swag purple and black colour anymore >:|

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
After this bullshit, I know the +R patch will change nothing regarding the netcode, even though they said they would make improvements. These guys fuck with their fans way too much.

Who's slayer supposed to be in that palette swap?

And +R removes a bunch of the original palette options. Slayer doesn't have his swag purple and black colour anymore >:|

Rachel

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, looking at the trophy list we lose the online trophies (thank god, pain in the ass those are esp. with the terribad netcode ^C has, sup X-box #Reload netcode from 2003?), and gain a few easier ones in regards to M.O.M and mission mode. You only have to beat five missions with one character and only have to get a fever in M.O.M. and then can forget those. The "time-travel" one in survival seems a little tricker since you have to get 10->(? forgetting how much time-travel skips... 20?)30->50 since it's 3 time-travels in a row.

Doesn't seem to have a beat that mode either.

Then there's two that I think are character specific ("You threw a Chikuwa and Dumbell at your opponent" Dizzy, IIRC? "You made contact with an alient" in story mode?) and "you fought on all stages" which should be easy to get with versus. Don't have to beat Order SOL (thank god) in Arcade mode and have to see all endings in the story mode. Otherwise You've got "see one ending" "beat arcade mode" "Even with a huge difference in health, you came from behind and won" "Trigger your first instant-kill (IIRC this is in the PS3 version?)" "Game started/Hello World!" from the PS3 version.

Don't you have Exceed Portable, OneMic? I should redownload that and play against you someday since you sold Marvel. :/ But I really don't like Blazblue too much. None of the characters click with me. ;_;

Onemic

Well, looking at the trophy list we lose the online trophies (thank god, pain in the ass those are esp. with the terribad netcode ^C has, sup X-box #Reload netcode from 2003?), and gain a few easier ones in regards to M.O.M and mission mode. You only have to beat five missions with one character and only have to get a fever in M.O.M. and then can forget those. The "time-travel" one in survival seems a little tricker since you have to get 10->(? forgetting how much time-travel skips... 20?)30->50 since it's 3 time-travels in a row.

Doesn't seem to have a beat that mode either.

Then there's two that I think are character specific ("You threw a Chikuwa and Dumbell at your opponent" Dizzy, IIRC? "You made contact with an alient" in story mode?) and "you fought on all stages" which should be easy to get with versus. Don't have to beat Order SOL (thank god) in Arcade mode and have to see all endings in the story mode. Otherwise You've got "see one ending" "beat arcade mode" "Even with a huge difference in health, you came from behind and won" "Trigger your first instant-kill (IIRC this is in the PS3 version?)" "Game started/Hello World!" from the PS3 version.

Don't you have Exceed Portable, OneMic? I should redownload that and play against you someday since you sold Marvel. :/ But I really don't like Blazblue too much. None of the characters click with me. ;_;

Yup, BBCP is making me want to get back into extend full on. That and I suck ass at SF and it gets me depressed because of the amount of time I spend trying to get better at it and failing miserably.

images

I was actually planning on maining Azrael once BBCP releases. Knowing that he plays like slayer with a dive kick makes me even more excited to play him.

That's it, time to start playing some Extend. Gonna try out Hellsing.

TheSeks

Ah, you were playing Third Strike earlier. You should play and beat my ass easily to feel better. :p

Onemic

Ah, you were playing Third Strike earlier. You should play and beat my ass easily to feel better. :p

you'd probably beat me and get me even more salty. Im a total beginner in that game. Maining Yun doesn't seem to be giving me any favors either.

Found another picture with all the BB palette swaps (including Kliff and Justice). Can't figure out who Johnny, ABA, Testament, and Robo-Ky are supposed to be though. Anyone?

cyrii.jpg

EDIT: Actually, I suppose Johnny is probably Izayoi, and ABA could be the new character Kagura Mutsuki.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone here please confirm than on +R the EX version of Jam's puffball doesn't wall-stick? If that's true, that's some F-tier downgrade right there.

Joule

Wall stick on the force break puff ball was kinda derpy though. Jam still seems like a really good character in +R without it.

Onemic

Looks like Slayer got nerfed across the board :(

Johnny got buffed like crazy. S Mist finer lvl 1 makes an opponent airborne now like lvl 2 in AC+

TheSeks

Oh wow. You unlock EX AND Gold with Survival. Was it always like this? I can't recall #Reload X-box doing it that way and it was more "time unlock" like the arcade Marvel 2 cabs.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh wow. You unlock EX AND Gold with Survival. Was it always like this? I can't recall #Reload X-box doing it that way and it was more "time unlock" like the arcade Marvel 2 cabs.
That's how I've always done it, I remember it unlocking another way as well.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You think it's a bad update?

I do, though it's so far into the future it might help bring some life into the game. I honestly feel AC was one of the most balanced 2d fighters ever made even with some of the stronger characters.

ACR to me is like the GG version of HDremix

Shinriji

4Ih2mVc.jpg

#TeamKy <3

Wow, they nerfed Ky pretty badly on +R. Ok, so I admit Ky was pretty god tier on the last few GG, but this is ridiculous.

Onemic

Found another picture with all the BB palette swaps (including Kliff and Justice). Can't figure out who Johnny, ABA, Testament, and Robo-Ky are supposed to be though. Anyone?

cyrii.jpg

EDIT: Actually, I suppose Johnny is probably Izayoi, and ABA could be the new character Kagura Mutsuki.

Who's Baiken supposed to be?

TheSeks

I don't think I could play this on my Vita unless it had like 5 face buttons.

Er-P/K/S/HS is four face buttons Dust is R. What is the problem? It's the same on the PS3. Unless you're playing with an arcade stick this is a pretty flimsy argument.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Aw man, the announcement was so hype it got me playing ACP again. I relly hope +R hits consoles soon, as I see the changes as a guide of what's to come.

Onemic

Aw man, the announcement was so hype it got me playing ACP again. I relly hope +R hits consoles soon, as I see the changes as a guide of what's to come.

I wish the art style wasn't so blocky looking. Looks like it took too many cues from SF4. BBCP looks a lot better to me.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I wish the art style wasn't so blocky looking. Looks like it took too many cues from SF4. BBCP looks a lot better to me.

Well, this is the very first footage we've seen of the game. I think it will improve over time (e.g. debuffing Sol a little). Given on how time-consuming sprite-based games are these days I see BB going the same route.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hey chaps, horray for Xrd announcement and all. Looks great.

It's got me excited for a GG fix (bearing in mind I haven't played since AR came out on the Wii). Is this worth getting? I have some kizash left on my JPN account and was wondering what to drop it on.

I was never very good back in the day, but I do love the music and characters. No online doesn't really bother me, and I have no friends who'd play it with me, so biggest concern is single-player content I guess. Any nifty combo challenges or mission mode or fancy stuff like that?

Edit: I should clarify that I'm thinking about getting it for Vita.

Who's Baiken supposed to be?

Bullet, I think.

From the top it's...

Sol(Ragna), Ky(Jin), May(Platinum), Eddie(Carl), Millia(Noel)
Axl(Hazama), Potemkin(Tager), Chipp(Bang), Baiken(Bullet), Jam(Makoto)
Anji(Azrael), Johnny(Izayoi?), Venom(Relius), Dizzy(Mu), Bridget(Amane)
Slayer(Rachel), I-No(???), Zappa(Arakune), Robo-Ky(Terumi?), ABA(Kagura?)
Order Sol(Tsubaki), Testament(???), Kliff(???), Faust(Litchi), Justice(Hakumen)

I dont know who Taokaka, Valkenhayn, or Nu are supposed to be; they don't fit the remaining three palettes(Kliff, Testament, I-No) all that well.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Hey chaps, horray for Xrd announcement and all. Looks great.

It's got me excited for a GG fix (bearing in mind I haven't played since AR came out on the Wii). Is this worth getting? I have some kizash left on my JPN account and was wondering what to drop it on.

I was never very good back in the day, but I do love the music and characters. No online doesn't really bother me, and I have no friends who'd play it with me, so biggest concern is single-player content I guess. Any nifty combo challenges or mission mode or fancy stuff like that?

Edit: I should clarify that I'm thinking about getting it for Vita.

It seems that +R on the Vita has the exact same SP content as ACP excluding the multiplayer. So M.O.M, survival, mission, story, and arcade modes should keep you pretty busy.

I bought this on the Vita!

There was no tutorial. D:

Yeah, in GG is very old school. Check out the Hitconfirm videos from the OP to help you understand the mechanics a bit better.

Do any GG characters play like Labrys in P4A?

The closest you'll get is probably May.

Top Bottom