• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero 3 - first videos

Flynn

Wario64 said:
The videos were down and went back up, then got replaced by expert videos

Why don't they just test the videos here first before the send them out into the world?

Banned
wow, that person REALLY BUTCHERED Slow Ride, didn't they? Are they originals yet or still covers?

IGN Weekly

IGN Weekly has a GH3 segment where they show off the battle mode and interview some people working on the game. Its a shame that they didnt cover the new guitar in video, but still good stuff to check out.

LakeEarth

666 said:
wow, that person REALLY BUTCHERED Slow Ride, didn't they? Are they originals yet or still covers?
All the newer anounced songs are originals, all of the older ones (save Paint it Black) are covers. The original mixes were lost on those. The reason is that GH needs the original mix so that when you make a mistake, the guitar cuts out but the rest of the song doesn't. It also lets them bring out the guitar in parts of songs that might've been too quiet normally.

EDIT - seen the battle mode vid, really awesome. I love how it isn't "junk notes" like I invisioned but 'double', play lefty! Awesome.

Jesiatha

LakeEarth said:
EDIT - seen the battle mode vid, really awesome. I love how it isn't "junk notes" like I invisioned but 'double', play lefty! Awesome.

This will support online play, right? We'll have to battle since your scores on the leaderboard have been pushing me on. I'm quite happy that I finally have one song scored higher than you (Carry Me Home).

LakeEarth

Jesiatha said:
This will support online play, right? We'll have to battle since your scores on the leaderboard have been pushing me on. I'm quite happy that I finally have one song scored higher than you (Carry Me Home).
Good work, you telling me that pushes me to try for a higher score in that song :lol

The first score I have to beat is my own. I played some Guitar Hero at a friends house and I ended up beating my own score on Can You Hear Me Knocking by like 30k. :lol Then 5star Misrolou for the achievement, then your score.
Then Jordan .... maybe

Tiduz said:
holy shit, purchase confirmed, ps3+GH3 = win.
is the demo actually confirmed 100%? :eek:
Well in the IGN Weekly link that was posted one of the devs said their goal was to get one out before the end of the year, it better have Sabotage and The Metal on it I want to play those ones so bad.

phil_fish

why cant battle mode be just 2 players throwing improvised licks at one another?
it worked in amplitude.
actually, it was the better multiplayer mode in amplitude.

LakeEarth

Jesiatha said:
I warned ye! I beat it by a couple of thousand, easily re-beatable. Next time don't say anything so I don't go out and beat it :lol

And I'm now 165k in Misrolou, 200k is needed to five star. This might take a while.

Jesiatha

LakeEarth said:
I warned ye! I beat it by a couple of thousand, easily re-beatable. Next time don't say anything so I don't go out and beat it :lol

And I'm now 165k in Misrolou, 200k is needed to five star. This might take a while.

That's okay, it's a good excuse to go back and try to beat your score later. Carry Me Home is probably my favorite song to play in the game.

First I need to work on the rest of the Expert 5*s. I have a couple of the hard ones (Carry Me Home and Institutionalized) finished, but can't get past Tattooed Love Boys yet...

Vlad

phil_fish said:
why cant battle mode be just 2 players throwing improvised licks at one another?
it worked in amplitude.
actually, it was the better multiplayer mode in amplitude.

A lot of it probably has to do with the flexibility of how GH works. How could the game recognize when a player was attempting to improvise a HO/PO sequence, or was just hitting another fret button in preperation for another strum?

LakeEarth

Jesiatha said:
That's okay, it's a good excuse to go back and try to beat your score later. Carry Me Home is probably my favorite song to play in the game.

First I need to work on the rest of the Expert 5*s. I have a couple of the hard ones (Carry Me Home and Institutionalized) finished, but can't get past Tattooed Love Boys yet...
I was the exact same way. Tattooed Love Boys and Freya were the two lower difficulty songs where I just couldn't 5 star. And everyone knows Psychobilly Freakout is harder then some of the level 8 songs.

not really a video thing but two more songs have been revealed:
Two new Velvet Revolver songs are set to be included in the video game Guitar Hero III, to be released this fall. Slash and Matt Sorum stated in a recent interview that one of these songs will be "She Builds Quick Machines", and the other will likely be either "Let It Roll" or "She Mine."
"She Builds Quick Machines" isn't bad and sounds like a good fit for Guitar Hero.

Angelcurio

I still cant stand the character design for GHIII, just look at the way the main vocalist looked on GH II

542jif6.jpg

Versus GHIII

4qqa1rn.jpg

Was he on drugs or maybe a plastic surgeon went wrong?

LakeEarth

bune duggy said:
not really a video thing but two more songs have been revealed:"She Builds Quick Machines" isn't bad and sounds like a good fit for Guitar Hero.
I don't like how its the new stuff. It's like band (more accurately their companies) are paying Activision to put those songs into Guitar Hero. Which isn't that bad of an idea on a business standpoint, but sucks for the consumer when the new stuff isn't that good.

Jesiatha

LakeEarth said:
I was the exact same way. Tattooed Love Boys and Freya were the two lower difficulty songs where I just couldn't 5 star. And everyone knows Psychobilly Freakout is harder then some of the level 8 songs.

Woo! I eeked out Psychobilly last night (I managed to nail the final set of chords at 8x), and then slaughtered Tattooed Love Boys on my second try (about 40K over my previous best). 5 songs to go!

LakeEarth

Jesiatha said:
Woo! I eeked out Psychobilly last night (I managed to nail the final set of chords at 8x), and then slaughtered Tattooed Love Boys on my second try (about 40K over my previous best). 5 songs to go!
Good shit. I'm still only 165k on Misrolou (200k for 5 stars), I just can't figure out the right speed. And PacManCE and ladies have distracted me :lol

zsidane

alr1ghtstart said:
Give me the whole Appetite For Destruction album and i'll buy 2.
Slash is enough! Go buy it!

bune duggy said:
maybe I missed something, but should we be expecting to see Slash?
Yes, Slash himself announced it on a TV interview on FUSE (I'm not sure if FUSE is the name of the TV channel or the program,. You can find it on Youtube).
He said that he has been really involved in the game, that the first time that he played GH2 it was in a Gibson bus and that he's addicted to the game and that he went trough Freebird :lol

Top Bottom