• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero II: New Songs appear in MTV's G-Hole

rhino4evr

I posted this on the GHII forums. Enjoy. This is all the confirmed stuff, with guesses on the artists.
HERE:
http://forum.guitarherogame.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=6787

Iam basing this off all the info we just recvd. here is what I came up with. (im reposting to avoid it getting lost in the shuffle)

Ok, here we go. My guesses

Opening Licks
Strutter - Kiss
Mother - Danzig
Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters
Shout At The Devil - Motley Crue
Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight - Spinal Tap

Amp-Warmers
Heart Shaped Box - Nirvana
Message In A Bottle - Police
Woman - Wolfmother (artist not confirmed)
You Really Got Me - Van Halan (Kinks)
Carry On Wayward Son - Kansas

String Snappers
Surrender - Cheap Trick
Them Bones - Alice in Chains
Search and Destroy - Stooges (artist not confirmed, but it damn well better be the stooges!)
Tatooed Love Boys - The Pretenders
War Pigs - Sabbath

Thrash and Burn
Cherry Pie - Warrant
Who Was In My Room Last Night - Butthole Surfers
Girlfriend - Darkness (artist not confirmed), some say Mathew Sweet
Can't You Hear Me Knocking - Rolling Stones
Sweet Child of Mine - GnR

Return of the Shred
Killing In The Name - Rage Against The Machine
John The Fisherman - Primus
Freya - Sword (artist not confirmed)
Bad Reputation - (too hard to say, my guess is Thin Lizzy, but could be Joan Jett)
Jessica - Allman Brothers

Relentless Riffs
Crazy On You - Heart
Trippin On A Hole In A Paper Heart - STP
Rock This Town - Stray Cays
Last Child - Aerosmith
Stop - Janes Addiction (artist not confirmed, but I really hope it's Janes Addiction.)

Furious Fretwork
Madhouse - Antrhax

That's it, however don't forget the following that have supposedly already been confirmed.

Hangar 18 - Megadeath
Laid to Rest - Lamb of God
Misirlou - Dick Dale
Beast and the Harlet - Avenged Sevenfold
Freebird - Lyn Skyn
YYZ - Rush.
Psychobilly Freakout - Rev Horton Heat

That's 38 Songs announced. There are only supposed to be 40 liscensed songs + 15 bonus songs. That only leaves 2 songs left to be announced. I'm secretly hoping for some Maiden, but i'm not getting my hopes up.

Looks like we will soon know ALL the tracks of Guitar Hero 2. Kind of bums me out, i guess the anticipation has to eventually end.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I hope there's a Dire Straits song yet to be announced. Chance is pretty slim now though. :(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Am I the only one who's not excited about these songs? I love GH, but these songs are just... icky. I'm more into alternative/indie rock... This GnR and Alice in Chains stuff makes me cringe. x_x

ZeoVGM

Banned
omg.kittens said:
Am I the only one who's not excited about these songs? I love GH, but these songs are just... icky. I'm more into alternative/indie rock... This GnR stuff makes me cringe. x_x

well im sorry one of the most classic rock songs ever makes you cringe :p

Ristamar

omg.kittens said:
Am I the only one who's not excited about these songs? I love GH, but these songs are just... icky. I'm more into alternative/indie rock... This GnR and Alice in Chains stuff makes me cringe. x_x

I sort of agree, but not in the same fashion. The GnR and AiC tracks are two of the goods ones, IMO. Personally I could do without Heart, Kiss, Warrant, and quite a few of the others. And I'm only cringing at Nirvana because the vocalist they're using on that track sounds so disgustingly bland.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Ristamar said:
I sort of agree, but not in the same fashion. The GnR and AiC tracks are two of the goods ones, IMO. Personally I could do without Heart, Kiss, Warrant, and quite a few of the others. And I'm only cringing at Nirvana because the vocalist they're using on that track sounds so disgustingly bland.

Yeah, I just threw those two out as [bad] examples. I actually like the beginning of Sweet Child of Mine' a bit... But I really wish they'd branch out. 'Take Me Out' and 'Get Ready 2 Rokk" were my favorite songs on GH, but I don't see anything close to those on GHII.

But I'm still gonna buy it. :D

rhino4evr

Sultans of Swing would indeed be fantastic. Just not likely. I like the tracklisting. It's got a lot of great lesser-known songs. This might turn some casuals off, but who cares.

The addition of Danzig's Mother is ... absolutely brilliant. I could not care less about the Stone Temple Pilots and Nirvana (boring guitar work!) but I admit they are great rock bands to include. Danzig's Mother is ... just supreme. A great song and the moment I played GH1 I knew it was the song I'd most want to play. The guitar and vocals duel for dominance throughout.

I don't know who 'Avenged Sevenfold' are, but I'm pretty sure we can do better than that, as a society. Lets have some GWAR!

Sugarman said:
Where's the mother****ing Ween?

Good question! They listed Deaner alongside the other "Guitar Heroes" in the credits of the first game, so I figured Ween were a sure thing for GH2.

Lets have some GWAR!

Oh **** yeah. Since when did people on GAF like the same music as me?!

tralfazz

I hope it's Matthew Sweet's Girlfriend. Awesome song and one of the first I thought of when playing the last game. Please. Still hoping for Hendrix, Audioslave and Chili Peppers.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Danzig? shiiiiiitt.
really the only thing that could top this shit off is some Tenecious D, Dire Straits, or maybe some kind of Jeff Beck / Stealy Dan shit.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i think this list is amazing.
it's come to full fruition with the reassurance that rage did make the cut.
wheeee

pilonv1

tralfazz said:
I hope it's Matthew Sweet's Girlfriend. Awesome song and one of the first I thought of when playing the last game. Please.

Indeed. I'd love an indie version of GH, with stuff like Pavement and Sebadoh.

Carry On My Wayward Son. :O :O That is awesome and unexpected. Agreeing with all the Maiden people. We need some Trooper or Fear of the Dark.

mollipen

omg.kittens said:

I'd love to see the game go sort of like iTunes, where you connect to XBLA or PS3 shop or whatever and have a huge selection of music to pick through. I'm not so hot on a lot of the 70's/80's rock, and would rather be able to pick more songs from the artists that I like (Nirvana, for example), or have a far greater range of genre choices (even going to crazy extents like some good indie J-rock).

I'm a GnR fan, though, but I'm not too happy with the selections we're getting. I'd much rather have You Could Be Mine.

rhino4evr said:
Girlfriend - Darkness (artist not confirmed), some say Mathew Sweet

Holy crap... if Matthew Sweet's Girlfriend makes it into the game, that alone will sell me a copy. I'd also super-love other songs from him, like Devil with the Green Eyes, Holy War, Don't Go, or Live Without You. Hell, almost anything from him would be fun in the game.

Fxp

CajoleJuice said:
I thought it hit newstands on the 10th?????

Or are you a subscriber?

I'm not, not possible to buy the magazine where I live. It's a downloadable copy of the demo disc.

stray cats?

TEH STRAY CATS?

did you make that up or was it confirmed?

that'd be so frigging cool i'd poo my pants.

if i was wearing any :)

Enron

Banned
shidoshi said:
I'd love to see the game go sort of like iTunes, where you connect to XBLA or PS3 shop or whatever and have a huge selection of music to pick through. I'm not so hot on a lot of the 70's/80's rock, and would rather be able to pick more songs from the artists that I like (Nirvana, for example), or have a far greater range of genre choices (even going to crazy extents like some good indie J-rock).

I'm a GnR fan, though, but I'm not too happy with the selections we're getting. I'd much rather have You Could Be Mine.

Holy crap... if Matthew Sweet's Girlfriend makes it into the game, that alone will sell me a copy. I'd also super-love other songs from him, like Devil with the Green Eyes, Holy War, Don't Go, or Live Without You. Hell, almost anything from him would be fun in the game.

No kidding. Matthew F'n Sweet was one of my favorite artists growing up, and that was before I found out he was a big (now FAT) anime nerd. Regardless, he's the king of Power Pop and Girlfriend kicks all sorts of ace. If this is the Darkness' "Girlfriend" I will smash my TV with my plastic guitar.

Sick of Myself ftmfw

Vlad

shidoshi said:

I used to think the same thing, but the guitar part in that song isn't nearly as interesting as SCoM's.

I find myself listening to a lot of songs nowadays and thinking about how they'd work in GH, and quite a few of the more popular songs would end up being fairly dull to actually play.

As far as this list goes, I'm personally pretty happy with it. There's a nice mix of stuff I know and like, stuff I liked but didn't know the name of beforehand, and stuff I've never heard of, just like the first game...

And out of the first game's 47 songs, I really don't like playing about four of them, so I trust their selection abilities.

rhino4evr

plagiarize said:
stray cats?

TEH STRAY CATS?

did you make that up or was it confirmed?

that'd be so frigging cool i'd poo my pants.

if i was wearing any :)

No i didn't make it up. You can pretty much bet that it's going to be on there. I don't know of any other artists that sing Rock This Town. A few people over at the forums think Search and Destroy will be the RHCP version. I really hope not, covers of artists covering other artists is kind of weak. I wish we could have gotten a better Van Halen song, even though I do love the Kinks.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
where is Pearl Jam - Animal? that song is made for Guitar Hero :(

And some Soundgarden would be nice... nobody likes Alice in Chains more than Soundgarden :(

impirius

rhino4evr said:
No i didn't make it up. You can pretty much bet that it's going to be on there. I don't know of any other artists that sing Rock This Town. A few people over at the forums think Search and Destroy will be the RHCP version. I really hope not, covers of artists covering other artists is kind of weak. I wish we could have gotten a better Van Halen song, even though I do love the Kinks.
Besides, GH1 already had a cover of a RHCP cover!

rhino4evr

Brobzoid said:
where is Pearl Jam - Animal? that song is made for Guitar Hero :(

And some Soundgarden would be nice... nobody likes Alice in Chains more than Soundgarden :(

I do. Not a Cornell fan. AIC is a little tired, I would have rather seen "would" on this this, but im not sure how exciting it would actually be to play.

would

Top Bottom