• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero II: New Songs appear in MTV's G-Hole

=W=

As much hate as the Darkness gets, some of their songs would be absolutely perfect for the game. 'Girlfriend', however, is not one of them.

Still, a great list of songs there. Can't wait.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Fopp - Soundgarden would be a great song ^_^

I don't get Alice in Chains, they have a nice grunge-rock feel, but they always go completely gay(read:happyhappysunshine-pop) in the chourus. like 'Grind'; great song, but the chourus kills it without remorse!

tralfazz

Anything Darkness off the first album would be great like Love On The Rocks. Disappointed if they didn't have early Oasis either like Cigarettes and Alchohol.

rhino4evr

guitar hero in general is made for wireless. Let's hope RO releases a wireless guitar soon. EBgames has one listed shipping on 11/07/06

atomsk

Party Pooper
shidoshi said:
(even going to crazy extents like some good indie J-rock).

if The Pillows ever showed up in a guitar hero game, i would probably need a new pair of pants

xsarien

daedsiluap
Man, Miserlou is going to be the one that makes me break the GH controller in frustration. I can feel it.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Awesome @ Wolfmother if it gets confirmed and ****ing surprised by it too (their recent US tour must've turned a few heads). That would easily make it a day 1 purchase alongside RATM.

Now they just need to hit up some Karnivool for GH3 and make it an Aussie double!

Froschi

God, i hope that one day somebody at Harmonix discovers the guitar beauty of Rory Gallagher. "Walk on hot coals" would be one wonderfully tough bitch to play. :D

rhino4evr

speedpop said:
Awesome @ Wolfmother if it gets confirmed and ****ing surprised by it too (their recent US tour must've turned a few heads). That would easily make it a day 1 purchase alongside RATM.

Now they just need to hit up some Karnivool for GH3 and make it an Aussie double!

Wolfmother is getting pretty big. I hear Woman all the time, if not on the radio then on Television commercials and promo spots. They're all over the place. I'm not surprised they made it.

how cool would Dinosaur Jr be? I'm a bit surprised The Pixies, Pavement, or Sonic Youth didn't make the cut. I was hoping for at least one Indie Rock legend on there

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
They should sell this game with no songs on the 360 version, and then let you download what ones you want.

rhino4evr

ElectricBlue187 said:
i refuse to watch MTV

I don't even know what channel MTV is on in my house. I'm serious. The only music channel I ever watch is VH1 Classic. Even that is pretty rare. I still hear Wolfmother all over the place.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I have to admit. I bought Guitar Hero last night. I know. I know. I am really late to the party. But, man, can I tell you? I have not had that much fun with a video game in a LONG time. My wife and I played with it until too late in the evening (paying for it today). I simply cannot wait to have GH2 (and the red guitar!!!!) so she and I can duel each other in the living room.

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
Matthew Sweet's "Girlfriend" has a pretty "rockin" solo, if I remember correctly. I'd be surprised if it were in the game, though.

sa24

Gnarly list. Awesome.

If they throw in a Kicked in the Head tune in the Bonus Tracks I will cum in my pants.

chadums90

Honestly, Guitar Hero really needs Thrice. A lot of people take issue with the vocals, which I can understand, but they have some of the best riffs around.

Also - how about some other great stuff like Jeff Buckley?

Mar

speedpop said:

Yeah I'm very happy about Wolfmother being in it. It has renewed my interest in the game to be honest. I was starting to get concerned about some of the tracks they announced ;).

Enron

Banned
chadums90 said:
Honestly, Guitar Hero really needs Thrice. A lot of people take issue with the vocals, which I can understand, but they have some of the best riffs around.

Also - how about some other great stuff like Jeff Buckley?

Jeff Buckley, while great, isnt exactly what I would call "rockin' ". And it sure as hell ain't RAWKIN enough for Guitar Mother F***in' Hero.

rhino4evr

UPDATE: It seems that someone was pissed about MTV sharing all this new info. The MTV video has since been censored, and all of the posts on the Guitar Hero Message Boards have been deleted. Strange Indeed.

PS- a bunch of folks are starting to find the demo/magazine at local stores. I went to a few today with not luck

that is all.

Top Bottom