• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker 3 |OT| - This is my Gunpla There are many like it but this one is mine

johnhandy

If I merge a white item with a green item does it make the white item green?
Yes. The source item will go up one rarity level if the other item is a higher rarity; i.e., pair merging a white item with green, blue, purple, or yellow item will only upgrade it to green.

Also as a random tip, each weapon type has 4 different EX actions. When you master an EX action, you remove the equip restriction. Switch up your weapon types with the goal of mastering the first 2 EX actions through regular gameplay so you don't have to grind it out when you hit Newtype. Also as an FYI, Melee, Martial Arts, and Claw Hands are all grouped under "melee" weapon type, but each has their own set of EX actions.

is play asia the best place to buy it? and will this game get a GOTY version with all the DLC included?

i finally feel like buying it and if possible i would like to know this (will pre-order SRW OG too), thanks in advance!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
is play asia the best place to buy it? and will this game get a GOTY version with all the DLC included?

i finally feel like buying it and if possible i would like to know this (will pre-order SRW OG too), thanks in advance!

Highly doubt there will be a goty as thats more of a western thing.

As spotty as playasia if you go with free shipping that pretty much is the main place for folks to get asian versions from here on gaf.

KDR_11k

Hm, even in 1.12 there's still a bug where if you use the GP02 arms and radiator shield to assemble the atomic bazooka you can hold L and then tap R while you're shooting your regular gun to make the bazooka fire at the start of the animation, not when it finishes so you can't be interrupted.

Yes. The source item will go up one rarity level if the other item is a higher rarity; i.e., pair merging a white item with green, blue, purple, or yellow item will only upgrade it to green.

Also as a random tip, each weapon type has 4 different EX actions. When you master an EX action, you remove the equip restriction. Switch up your weapon types with the goal of mastering the first 2 EX actions through regular gameplay so you don't have to grind it out when you hit Newtype. Also as an FYI, Melee, Martial Arts, and Claw Hands are all grouped under "melee" weapon type, but each has their own set of EX actions.

Wait, does + Melee DPS only apply to hand weapons, not all forms of melee?

gunstarhero

I just ordered this game after watching the GB Quick Look a few times. Recently got back into Gundam with IBO.

Wondering if they have Gundam Wing models in this game? I haven't seen any in the videos I've watched.

Luigi87

I just ordered this game after watching the GB Quick Look a few times. Recently got back into Gundam with IBO.

Wondering if they have Gundam Wing models in this game? I haven't seen any in the videos I've watched.

Indeed!
All the Gundams (most EW version IIRC) are in the game, as well as all three Tallgeese.

Does the combat ever get more interesting than mashing square/triangle and using specials when they're charged?

I really like building my own gunpla, but the boring combat is making it hard to stay invested in the game

213372bu

Banned
Does the combat ever get more interesting than mashing square/triangle and using specials when they're charged?

I really like building my own gunpla, but the boring combat is making it hard to stay invested in the game

Speaking from Gundam Breaker 2 experience and watching Gundam Breaker 3:

There's different styles of combat depending on your parts and weapon styles, as far as style goes. Other than that, each weapon set has a combo, and you can cancel them into air-combos/other combos.

There was enough variety in combat to keep me invested through the first few games.

It mechanically feels great to play, and definitely is a lot more involved than a Warriors game or the like.

Thats a good question its been so long i dont remember myself. Was there an overall stats screen?
I searched but couldn't find anything. It feels like a lot but I had so much fun playing that it was hard to tell. I don't usually 100% games. The only chore was getting the EX Collector trophy.

Parakeetman

I searched but couldn't find anything. It feels like a lot but I had so much fun playing that it was hard to tell. I don't usually 100% games. The only chore was getting the EX Collector trophy.

damn thanks for checking though! I gotta find where I put mine. Know I have at least over 40 hours though.

gunstarhero

This game!

Came in the mail today - and played for about 2 hours.

So so so good - everything about it is scratching an itch: the awesome customization and collecting is super addictive, and the combat is really fun.

Really happy I decided to pick this up. Will be playing this game for a while. :)

Kaiterra

Banned
I've got a friend who's trying to make a cat Gundam and he wants to give it a tail. He's tried using the Propellant Tank builder part but can't get it low enough to work properly. Does anyone have any suggestions on parts for him to use to make it work?

Parakeetman

I've got a friend who's trying to make a cat Gundam and he wants to give it a tail. He's tried using the Propellant Tank builder part but can't get it low enough to work properly. Does anyone have any suggestions on parts for him to use to make it work?

Scroll down till you see the picture of what looks like a black cat.

http://openworldnews.net/archives/1057069704.html

Thats basically all I could find

Vex_

Banned
I put this together when I noticed the color options for the Beargguy III head, pretty satisfied with it:

HOLY SHIT THE FUCKING GRAPHICS.

Is this what it looks like in action? Or is this like gran turismo where it up rezzes it for a photo?

Man Im gonna look at some vids now. I totally forgot about this game.

gunstarhero

Question:

Is there a way to save out multiple Gunpla builds and have them all displayed in the hub area?

The layout of the room suggests you can, but I cant seem to figure out how.

tensuke

Question:

Is there a way to save out multiple Gunpla builds and have them all displayed in the hub area?

The layout of the room suggests you can, but I cant seem to figure out how.

It will display the current gunpla for every party member in multiplayer, not multiple from the same user.

Parakeetman

Yeah he can't quite get it to look right. It works on those GN-X legs though.

My guess would be it depends on the hardpoints available on a model. So your buddy is gonna have to keep trying out different legs till he can find a height that hes happy with. At least there is a ton of parts available so eventually would imagine he will be able to find something that works lol

Kaiterra

Banned
13769476_10208506332910380_3878021414697752557_n.jpg
I'm a certified Gundam and a bona fide stud and you CAN'T TEACH THAT
And this right here? This is Big Zam. He's 60 meters tall and you CAN'T TEACH THAT

Boogdud

I really want to thank bandai namco for finally getting these games out with english subs. I am enjoying myself immensely. I've been a fan of gundam since the early 80's, a gunpla builder since inception and this game scratches itches within itches. Does anyone have a direct line to the folks that do the translation/asian version because I'd like to personally thank them and tell them to keep it up.

(on a side note, I take it any of us R1 folks aren't going to be able to get any of the dlc?)

Just got the game and I have a few questions about the save transfer if anyone is still checking this thread. My GB2 was a JP copy and my GB3 is HK, can I still transfer the save? If so, my JP account isn't my main account so I can't upload it to cloud storage, is there any other way to do it? I could buy a month PS+ card for like ten bucks, but the final question is would that even be worth it since it's just lvl 1 HG parts and a GP bonus?

Edit: Figured it all out. You can transfer the save between regions and you can use the PS3>Vita transfer option on GB2, but from what I saw you have to do it through the shop menu after the tutorial mission, not from the start menu when you boot up the game the first time... Not that anyone is going to end up on this specific page if they have that same question, just didn't want to say "fix'd lol" with no answer just in case.

Parakeetman

Major Gundam Breaker 3 DLC announced

Bandai Namco is preparing more new downloadable content for Gundam Breaker 3, the game’s official Twitter account reveals.

“We’re hard at work on downloadable content for Gundam Breaker 3 for PS4 and PS Vita,” the tweet reads. “The total volume of the additional scenario will likely be about the same scale of the main story. There will be new playable Gunpla, too, so please look forward to it.”

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/major-gundam-breaker-3-dlc-production

Credits to Gematsu

Zensouken

Neo Member
So I got lucky and was able to get GB3 (Japanese ver) for both PS4 and PSV and I played it on my PSV, cross-save transferred the data and continued on the PS4. Now I'm trying to cross-save transfer back to the PSV and it sees the updated data and goes to download but the game doesn't actually reflect the downloaded data. I'm confused and wondering if anyone came across this issue?

I'm using my US account on both systems with PS+ btw.

EDIT: I realize now that the versions became incompatible because of one having access to the DLC (PS4) and the other not having access to the DLC (PSV) because of the dumb single account system on the Vita. Tried everything under the sun and just gave up and purchased another Vita via trade-in credit. So now I have one Vita for US and one Vita for JP and everything works fine.

Add me if you want to Gundam, US PSN = superschure JP PSN = suupaashaa

Dragoshi1

Got the game recently, and am doing a HG Z'Gok only run. I buffed it up with tons of HP recovery and DMG up skills, and spamming the square to triangle stab move is usually more than enough to kill nearly anything.

AQUATIC DEATH ON ALL FIELDS OF BATTLE.

Got the game recently, and am doing a HG Z'Gok only run. I buffed it up with tons of HP recovery and DMG up skills, and spamming the square to triangle stab move is usually more than enough to kill nearly anything.

AQUATIC DEATH ON ALL FIELDS OF BATTLE.
I should try a full build run at some point to breathe life into the game for me. I hit a wall creatively and can't seem to top a gunpla better than my main unit.

Parakeetman

Im still waiting to see what kind of content will be in that massive content update DLC for the game.

Top Bottom