• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker 3 |OT| - This is my Gunpla There are many like it but this one is mine

Om3FrQO.jpg

I'm having way too much fun with the martial arts hand weapons, most of my Gundams have it equipped (except for a Barbatos)

Delio

Wait how do I get my uploaded screenshots from the game? I went to that site but i have zero clue what im doing.

Genryu

Banned
Whoops, I think I accidentally found the way to have Never-ending awakening mode.

I love the 6 tube missile pod.

Guymelef

As a 4X level player on Story mission 3 I love when some high level players accept me online on post game groups.
What a crazy loot, lots of MG Grade that I can't use before beating the game and lot of high quality plastics to upgrade.

Just out of interest (was thinking of importing this yesterday) - how is the performance of this game compared to Breaker 1 on Vita? I've heard terrible things but played that game absolutely fine.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
The kitbash most def is tops in this game. Really hope it sold well enough so we get 4 with a larger dev budget

The kitbash most def is tops in this game. Really hope it sold well enough so we get 4 with a larger dev budget
I hope so too. I'd really like to see them pushing this series. I was thinking what a Breaker game would be like with full on space combat thrown into the mix.

Phloxy

I grabbed this game at Paxeast on a whim, I'm so glad I did. The coop is so smooth and fun, even though I'm not a huge Gundam guy it's become my go to fun coop game to play, especially the loot grind. Celtickennedy and I played some and do what gaffers do best, e3 rumor monger lol
https://youtu.be/uesV11_8_SA
Love this game!

Guymelef

So after beating the game and unlocking hardest mode... How do you unlock Newtype? Do I need to finish the whole game and then again on Newtype?

So after beating the game and unlocking hardest mode... How do you unlock Newtype? Do I need to finish the whole game and then again on Newtype?
You'll have to finish Extreme mode to unlock Newtype, yes. When NT is unlocked, you can access any stage at any time though it is recommended to start from the beginning stages.

B.K.

Has anyone imported the English version? I want to, but I want to make sure it's a decent translation first. I don't to spend the money on it and it turn out to be a horrible mess. Also, how is the Vita version of the game? I don't have a PS4, so I'll probably get the Vita version of the game.

Has anyone imported the English version? I want to, but I want to make sure it's a decent translation first. I don't to spend the money on it and it turn out to be a horrible mess. Also, how is the Vita version of the game? I don't have a PS4, so I'll probably get the Vita version of the game.
It's a solid translation, it's only certain skills like "Long DPS" (long rifle damage) that are kind of vague but nothing serious. I hear the Vita version is a bit rough in terms of performance, I own the PS4 version so I can't speak on that.

Just unlocked Extreme Mode and Jesus Christ do enemies burn through your health fast. Constantly having to heal just to survive
I have the English version and I haven't really noticed any issues translation wise. I say go for it.

Just unlocked Extreme Mode and Jesus Christ do enemies burn through your health fast. Constantly having to heal just to surviveI have the English version and I haven't really noticed any issues translation wise. I say go for it.
I pair merged a shit ton of durability/dps/option dps specifically in prep for Newtype. I'm on Chapter 3 and enemies are starting to give no fucks. Was a breeze until it wasn't, lol.

Parakeetman

I pair merged a shit ton of durability/dps/option dps specifically in prep for Newtype. I'm on Chapter 3 and enemies are starting to give no fucks. Was a breeze until it wasn't, lol.

the whole parts merging and whatnots is one of the best additions to the series. since helps a ton for various skills and keeping the parts you like.

the whole parts merging and whatnots is one of the best additions to the series. since helps a ton for various skills and keeping the parts you like.
It took me until halfway through Extreme mode to realize how good Pair Merge was. I was relying on the cubes for stat boosts. I really hope they keep the parts merging, you're right it's a really good system.

Seems like the 1.10 update on its own does not let you access the DLC, to access it you still need to download an unlock key from the PS Store :/

It's already out in Japan's PS Store. HK/SG Store does not have it yet (although the 1.10 update is already out on those versions as well).

Seems like the 1.10 update on its own does not let you access the DLC, to access it you still need to download an unlock key from the PS Store :/

It's already out in Japan's PS Store. HK/SG Store does not have it yet (although the 1.10 update is already out on those versions as well).

So it is effectively account locked? Awesome.

Luigi87

!! My copy finally arrived!

wat? that fucking sucks. does it usually take that long?

Apparently Play-Asia to Canada orders have been getting stopped by customs a lot lately and delayed tremendously.

Anywho, is there a way to not auto-advance the story cutscenes?

KDR_11k

How much effort should I put into upgrading my main gunpla to MG after finishing the campaign? I like the specific parts I have and while it's obviously easy to transfer all special attributes to an MG part I'd have to substitute different parts for that and thus lose most of the option features (and the nuclear blast). I like the CIWS and 18 tube, especially the latter will probably be hard to replace.

How much effort should I put into upgrading my main gunpla to MG after finishing the campaign? I like the specific parts I have and while it's obviously easy to transfer all special attributes to an MG part I'd have to substitute different parts for that and thus lose most of the option features (and the nuclear blast). I like the CIWS and 18 tube, especially the latter will probably be hard to replace.
I've been using HG parts all the way up to Newtype and still going. You can use whatever you want, just make sure to pair merge the stats/abilities you want.

KDR_11k

Ah, okay, I thought MG parts had higher base stats but they seem to be identical. So what's the point of them then?

EDIT: Woooow, just got 400k GP from my first arena match from the coins...

Ah, okay, I thought MG parts had higher base stats but they seem to be identical. So what's the point of them then?

EDIT: Woooow, just got 400k GP from my first arena match from the coins...
They do have better stats but those can be transfered to HG via pair merge, besides that, MG units are bigger than HG.

Foofaraw

Is there a way to get the Asian version digitally? Can I make a Singapore account, but codes on play Asia and download the game, or is there an issue with not having a disc?

Is there a way to get the Asian version digitally? Can I make a Singapore account, but codes on play Asia and download the game, or is there an issue with not having a disc?
I typically import physical but I don't see why that wouldn't work. I'm not sure how the online is affected with that since you have to be a PS Plus member to go online in GB3.

Luigi87

I think you should be fine as long as you also set the PS4 as your main PS4 for your Singapore account as well, and don't delete the account.

Takeru

Loved this game when I played the Japanese version. Thinking of getting it in English too so I can actually understand it.

CcuocDwWoAESgb9.jpg:large

deim0s

1.10 patch notes did say it has the DLC. I'll have to boot it up and check.

Maybe I should create one anyway, since most BAMCO english releases are on SG.

Skatterd

I'm sure this has been answered 100 times, but what are the advantages of going digital vs. physical? Digital (I imagine) turns out being cheaper?

Parakeetman

I'm sure this has been answered 100 times, but what are the advantages of going digital vs. physical? Digital (I imagine) turns out being cheaper?

1 you get an imaginary pixie dust version aka digital or you can have an actual physical copy that you can pop in and play whenever you want.

When you put the real differences of having a physical vs digital version the digital price just is not worth it for the most part. Though shipping costs can add to the physical costs.

It just boils down to what you want.

That and going digital means you need to set up an account for the specific region, track down point cards for said region. Unless you are part of said region already then this does not apply to you.

Guymelef

So is the DLC from the SG Store compatible with other regions accounts?
Is the HK Store dlc compatible (it says Japanese/Chinese) I don't want to create a SG Store for nothing.

Top Bottom