• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker 3 |OT| - This is my Gunpla There are many like it but this one is mine

Kaiterra

Banned
I put this together when I noticed the color options for the Beargguy III head, pretty satisfied with it:

13138851_10207921908460134_6552872790301984702_n.jpg

solomon

Looking for the cheapest route to play this game, will a 4gb vita memory card be enough? (buying the used 30$ vita tv on amazon). Also are servers split between the Asian and Japanese version?

Alucrid

Banned
so could use a few things explained.

pair merge - level up is obviously increasing the part level, what does strengthen ability do? just strengthen it if both parts have the same ability? as for ability inheritance, how does that work? also, is rarity promotion making white you use a green on green, etc?

package merge - this is just level up / strengthen with the bonus of being able to use multiple parts, right?

plastic merge - same as above expect using plastic or cubes.

derive merge - do any good parts come out of this?

also, is there any way to see ability descriptions? two hand sword dps is self explained. but photon battery? invisible titanium? no clue

Kaiterra

Banned
Also as long as I'm at it...

pair merge - level up is obviously increasing the part level, what does strengthen ability do? just strengthen it if both parts have the same ability? as for ability inheritance, how does that work? also, is rarity promotion making white you use a green on green, etc?

Two non-unique abilities that have the same effect will merge together into a stronger version of that ability.

package merge - this is just level up / strengthen with the bonus of being able to use multiple parts, right?

Yes. Also abilities don't carry over.

Yeah, like, you can get a Turn X head on the second mission by getting a SUMO head and combining it with an Acguy from the shop.

also, is there any way to see ability descriptions? two hand sword dps is self explained. but photon battery? invisible titanium? no clue

This is the biggest problem with this game IMO, because there isn't any AFAIK. You can find a list here though: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KciDQHsa5LCXe_JmaSfiCipI5zViIXew4lXlcwAaCmM/htmlview?pli=1#

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

also, is there any way to see ability descriptions? two hand sword dps is self explained. but photon batter? invisible titanium? no clue

You would have to check that google docs list for the skills. Someone apparently was visited by the Good Idea Fairy as they thought it was ok to have all of these skills but no real descriptions for them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...w4lXlcwAaCmM/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1767386139

Parakeetman

thanks. pretty sure it was the same in the dynasty warrior gundam games too

When you progress even further into the game is when the weapon effects, fire, ice, electricity etc will start to show up. Along with some other skills too I think.

Flunkie

Banned
I've never played a Gundam game before and never watched any of the anime but this looks so freaking fun. I wish the Vita version was better, but hot damn do those screenshots of the PS4 version look sexy AF.

Best place to order is Play-Asia I assume?

Parakeetman

I've never played a Gundam game before and never watched any of the anime but this looks so freaking fun. I wish the Vita version was better, but hot damn do those screenshots of the PS4 version look sexy AF.

Best place to order is Play-Asia I assume?

Considering there hardly are any real choices for "Asian" versions of games. That is the most common choice GAF users go to when it comes to Asian / English localized versions.

Just whatever you do, dont pick "free shipping" if you want to see your package sometime this century.

Flunkie

Banned
Considering there hardly are any real choices for "Asian" versions of games. That is the most common choice GAF users go to when it comes to Asian / English localized versions.

Just whatever you do, dont pick "free shipping" if you want to see your package sometime this century.

heh, ok, thanks

Strengthen ability:
Receiving part will get a % of the material part's ability value, on the condition that the material part is at a higher value . Will not work if receiving part has higher value than material part.

Ex: If A has ability value at 50, & B has 100. Fusing B into A will strength A to 80.

Inheriting ability:
Receiving part will get material part's abilities. If ability slots are full, you have to decide what to keep and what to discard between the parts.

rarity promotion - yes.

Yes, but I prefer not to use this mode for strengthening, since it doesn't give you an ability preview.

Best level up option.

Depends on what you want.

In addition, each time you diverge merge, it'll give you 1 free ability assuming you have slots open. It's a way to fill slots if you don't want to inherit/use cubes.

P.S. Be careful with mech-specific abilities (orange text), they don't always work with everyone. For example, giving Strike Freedom's Dragoon system to a zaku body will not all of a sudden grant the zaku with dragoon funnels. You're just wasting a slot.

Hagi

Hmm I'm really debating on whether to get this or not I've played a lot of 2 and enjoyed my time with it. Is there anywhere cheaper to get Singapore PSN points than Play-Asia? Basically losing £10 buying from them which is totally fair because they need to make profit but I'd like to shop around. I'd buy it physically but don't see the point.

tensuke

P.S. Be careful with mech-specific abilities (orange text), they don't always work with everyone. For example, giving Strike Freedom's Dragoon system to a zaku body will not all of a sudden grant the zaku with dragoon funnels. You're just wasting a slot.

Those aren't mech-specific (ex/burst actions are though). SF's Dragoon ability gives +10% boost speed to the gunpla. There are 3 kinds of abilities, white, yellow, and orange. White abilities (like durability x) stack, yellow/orange do not. Yellows just add some unique effects so you wouldn't assume they'd stack in the first place. Orange abilities have effects (see the ability list in the google doc) that you'd think would stack, but they don't. Instead, your machine gets the highest effect from all the parts you have for that type. For example, you have Minovsky Drive (boost spd +10%) on the head, Super Dragoon Wing (boost spd +10%) on the body, and Thruster Vein (boost spd +5%) on the legs. Because they all have the same effect (increase boost speed), you will only get the effect from either Minovsky or Dragoon, because they're the highest, but not both. So if you attach Super Dragoon to a part and that part or another already has a +10% boost speed, it's a waste. If you don't have parts with boost speed abilities, or you do but it's lower than +10%, you will see an increase (although now the lower part is taking up space). Orange abilities DO stack with general abilities in the sense that you can get benefits from both.

It's an incredibly unclear mechanic, but once you get the hang of it you learn to spread ability types over all your parts so you can see as many stat boosts as possible, and don't waste slots. It's weird, because some machines like the Build Burning Gundam have Plavsky Particle Control on like all the parts, but only one will actually net you a boost, or Unicorn parts that come with Full Psychoframe AND Intention Automatic System, despite them both doing the same thing making one of them useless. It's like they're trying to trick players to waste slots.

Well there's https://heavy-arm.com/

A new store in malaysia that's been getting pretty well known amongst asian copy importers due to being able to source rare copies of asian games while being friendly and having a good service. I sent them an email and they told me it's 50 usd with 10 usd shipping which is a great price for GB3.

A new store in malaysia that's been getting pretty well known amongst asian copy importers due to being able to source rare copies of asian games while being friendly and having a good service. I sent them an email and they told me it's 50 usd with 10 usd shipping which is a great price for GB3.

Heavy-Arm Store is great. You can stack up to 5 games and the shipping costs remain 10$. They also provide excellent customer service. Follow them on twitter for recent updates, new stocks and restocks.

-> https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/

Thanks!

deim0s

Cracked open my copy earlier and I'm happy with what I've played so far. It's like musou-lite but with focus on customization.

Is there a combo list for each of the weapon types and part abilities? Are there some tips for part merging, do and don'ts?

Want to make some ridiculous gundam mongrels but not really gimp the combat output.

Cracked open my copy earlier and I'm happy with what I've played so far. It's like musou-lite but with focus on customization.

Is there a combo list for each of the weapon types and part abilities? Are there some tips for part merging, do and don'ts?

Want to make some ridiculous gundam mongrels but not really gimp the combat output.

Stats don't matter in GB3, all the parts are the same stats at the same levels, focus on making the coolest stuff you want and finishing the story as parts will continuously drop better the more of the story you beat.

Alucrid

Banned
Strengthen ability:
Receiving part will get a % of the material part's ability value, on the condition that the material part is at a higher value . Will not work if receiving part has higher value than material part.

Ex: If A has ability value at 50, & B has 100. Fusing B into A will strength A to 80.

Inheriting ability:
Receiving part will get material part's abilities. If ability slots are full, you have to decide what to keep and what to discard between the parts.

rarity promotion - yes.

Yes, but I prefer not to use this mode for strengthening, since it doesn't give you an ability preview.

Best level up option.

Depends on what you want.

In addition, each time you diverge merge, it'll give you 1 free ability assuming you have slots open. It's a way to fill slots if you don't want to inherit/use cubes.

got it, thanks for the explanation.

Those aren't mech-specific (ex/burst actions are though). SF's Dragoon ability gives +10% boost speed to the gunpla. There are 3 kinds of abilities, white, yellow, and orange. White abilities (like durability x) stack, yellow/orange do not. Yellows just add some unique effects so you wouldn't assume they'd stack in the first place. Orange abilities have effects (see the ability list in the google doc) that you'd think would stack, but they don't. Instead, your machine gets the highest effect from all the parts you have for that type. For example, you have Minovsky Drive (boost spd +10%) on the head, Super Dragoon Wing (boost spd +10%) on the body, and Thruster Vein (boost spd +5%) on the legs. Because they all have the same effect (increase boost speed), you will only get the effect from either Minovsky or Dragoon, because they're the highest, but not both. So if you attach Super Dragoon to a part and that part or another already has a +10% boost speed, it's a waste. If you don't have parts with boost speed abilities, or you do but it's lower than +10%, you will see an increase (although now the lower part is taking up space). Orange abilities DO stack with general abilities in the sense that you can get benefits from both.

It's an incredibly unclear mechanic, but once you get the hang of it you learn to spread ability types over all your parts so you can see as many stat boosts as possible, and don't waste slots. It's weird, because some machines like the Build Burning Gundam have Plavsky Particle Control on like all the parts, but only one will actually net you a boost, or Unicorn parts that come with Full Psychoframe AND Intention Automatic System, despite them both doing the same thing making one of them useless. It's like they're trying to trick players to waste slots.

oh wow, that is super unclear. i'll probably wait until i finish the game and start getting MG parts to dive in to it

Risette

A Good Citizen

Thanks for this, I've been interested in this game but the idea of giving Play-Asia money grosses me out.

What shipping speed do I get for the $10 USD?

duckroll

The game has really poor documentation, and no manual. I can't believe they didn't even include the full Japanese manual in digital form. Wtf. Have some questions:

- When I get dupes of the same parts which are better in quality, is there any way to equip those parts and then transfer the current paint job over? It seems silly to change the same part and have to redo the paint job each time. Would it be any different if I decided to just merge those parts into the existing part instead? Not really sure how all this shit works.

- How do I check the specs of my SD kits? You can see the parts it has when you go into the paint menu, but what about the attacks and stuff? Knight Gundam learned some new skill in the previous battle, but I can't find a way to view it again.

deim0s

The game has really poor documentation, and no manual. I can't believe they didn't even include the full Japanese manual in digital form. Wtf. Have some questions:

- When I get dupes of the same parts which are better in quality, is there any way to equip those parts and then transfer the current paint job over? It seems silly to change the same part and have to redo the paint job each time. Would it be any different if I decided to just merge those parts into the existing part instead? Not really sure how all this shit works.

This. Quite an inconvenience really.

But here's the JP manual: https://gb3.channel.or.jp/

Vipes

Neo Member

Single merge parts. Make sure the part you want to merge with is only one rank higher. Say you have a white part, merge with green and it becomes a green. But merge white with blue, it becomes a green.

Anyway incase people don't know: If you bought and played the Japanese version of the game, apparently you can use that same save in the translated English version. Haven't been able to test as my copy isn't here yet.

Have some of the suits I made just because:
8YO0HFN.jpg

My main suit, based off of Captain Gundam from SDGF. Carryover from GB2

ZNhIVxg.jpg

My secondary suit, an Ingram. Carryover from GB2

sTnt44R.jpg

Air Man. Carryover from GB2

EIpeXLg.jpg

Skywarp because he's best Seeker. Fight me.

1mWF0FO.png

Papyrus and Sans. Pretty proud of Papy, Sans not so much but I tried.

duckroll

Can I confirm that the screenshot upload function doesn't work for us using the Asia/EN version?

It works but I haven't tested the code I got from it because it was just a luck booster shit. So I don't know if it works for my asian account.

Thanks for linking the manual!

BONKERS

How is the English so far?

I'd kill for a PC version of this. But if the English is decent, i'll import it right away!

How is the English so far?

I'd kill for a PC version of this. But if the English is decent, i'll import it right away!

The translation is pretty good actually. Some abilities seem sloppily translated (e.g Long Rifle DPS just got translated into just "Long DPS") but other than these minor ones, it's fine.

Parakeetman

The translation is pretty good actually. Some abilities seem sloppily translated (e.g Long Rifle DPS just got translated into just "Long DPS") but other than these minor ones, it's fine.

Id imagine some stuff like that, if the game never originally was planned to be localized in English, they would not have kept in mind things like character limit when using western alphabet, therefore causing space limitation.

Unless there are other ability names which are longer, then yeah your initial point would stand.

duckroll

Oh, not via the PS Share, was talking about the Gundam Perfect site upload feature, my bad.

Yes, it works. I uploaded the screenshot, and I logging in to my Bandai Account, and got a reward code for it. But I haven't bothered to check if it's a JP code or an Asian code.

deim0s

I keep failing to connect or upload the photo for some reason. :/

Anyone know what these abilities do?
Adjustment (w/o parts)
Cancel combo damage

Orange abilities doesn't stack, that true? Say Nanoskin on every part.

kjacobson

Neo Member
Sad that Mudrock doesn't seem to be in it.

I built my own using parts from Guncannon (body), and Gundam/Gundam Ground Type mostly. Gundam Alex parts will replace some of those when I unlock them.

Whenever I see "lost parts" on the screen, am I permanently losing parts?

The only thing that kind of stinks is the Japanese control scheme and I don't really want to bind with accessibility options for just this game.. Wish there was an option to switch it in game but I can live with it.

I keep failing to connect or upload the photo for some reason. :/

Anyone know what these abilities do?
Adjustment (w/o parts)
Cancel combo damage

Orange abilities doesn't stack, that true? Say Nanoskin on every part.

Orange abilities, you only need one for the whole MS I think. If you have other orange abilities the more powerful ones replace them.

Adjustment I think is the % of breaking down the enemy's parts and cancel combo damage is press X to boost during your combo to get increased damage when you continue your combo.

Just got my copy of the sub version from Playasia! Hype!

Now just to clarify, I need to make a Chinese PSN acc to buy and use dlc right?

Genryu

Banned
Orange abilities, you only need one for the whole MS I think. If you have other orange abilities the more powerful ones replace them.

Adjustment I think is the % of breaking down the enemy's parts and cancel combo damage is press X to boost during your combo to get increased damage when you continue your combo.

Oh shit, the more powerful orange abilities replace the weaker ones?

Damnit, I can't have massive Aim Mode damage boost.

Guymelef

Just got my copy of the sub version from Playasia! Hype!

Now just to clarify, I need to make a Chinese PSN acc to buy and use dlc right?

Keep in mind that seems like even if you download the dlc with the Singapore acc, you won't have access to the dlc with your main Us/EU acc.

Keep in mind that seems like even if you download the dlc with the Singapore acc, you won't have access to the dlc with your main Us/EU acc.

Huh that's inconveniencing but hey, that only means a few less trophies on my end :/.

Thanks for clarifying guys!

Top Bottom