• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Only 2 days, more or less! Gonna pick it up at the 7-11 after I get off work on Thursday. =o
Nice!
I have to wait until the 10th though... so jealous :(

Coxy

So what would everyone like to see in a custom album for this? Gundam remixes? hot blooded mecha songs from other series to kick ass to?

Assuming the online has the same option as the arcade version, we can also do a shuffle tournament.

So you're saying we can have a...

kCoS5.jpg

Shuffle Alliance?

TreIII

So what would everyone like to see in a custom album for this? Gundam remixes? hot blooded mecha songs from other series to kick ass to?

JAM Project always works. It's what I plan to be loading up my custom OST with, anyway.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Hey Shouta, do you mind going into why Haman's Qubeley and Marida's Kshatriya are ranked C in the 2500 point group?

Wasn't really sure about getting this game (I didn't get too much into ZAFT vs Alliance back on the PS2), but popped in GM3 this morning and after a few maps with Haman, I wanted to play her in another game. It was either this or
Ghiren's Greed

Got really excited reading the OP. I've always had an interest in Gundam and this Virtual On style Gundam game sounds really fantastic!

Then I saw the cost of importing

;_;

Beth Cyra

I see a bunch of metals I recognize, like the King of Hearts and O8th and Zaft.

Guessing that stuff is for trials, didn't see the EW logo so I wonder which one if any it is associated with.

Coxy

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqqk7n6B6u1r1owudo1_500.gif

Looks like all the emblems you can win in trial mission mode are there as well. This might be my first platinum for sure.

well played :D

hmm the only challenging looking trophies are play for 100 hours and 100 online wins, was planning on both anyway

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Looks like all the emblems you can win in trial mission mode are there as well. This might be my first platinum for sure.

How does the emblem system work? Do you just get emblems from finishing certain missions? Does it affect anything, or is it just a cool stamp collectathon thing?

How does the emblem system work? Do you just get emblems from finishing certain missions? Does it affect anything, or is it just a cool stamp collectathon thing?

From what I've read, you get the emblems from completing certain missions which are more than likely the goal missions in Trial Mission Mode. You can then use those emblems online, kinda like the ones you get from the training missions in SFIV.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
From what I've read, you get the emblems from completing certain missions which are more than likely the goal missions in Trial Mission Mode. You can then use those emblems online, kinda like the ones you get from the training missions in SFIV.

Oh gotcha. So they're basically tags. That's cool.

I will be getting all of them, and using this one (gotta love CCA Amuro):

16S04624d.png

Though, the Vist Foundation logo is tempting:

43S271247.png

Shouta

Hey Shouta, do you mind going into why Haman's Qubeley and Marida's Kshatriya are ranked C in the 2500 point group?

Wasn't really sure about getting this game (I didn't get too much into ZAFT vs Alliance back on the PS2), but popped in GM3 this morning and after a few maps with Haman, I wanted to play her in another game. It was either this or
Ghiren's Greed

Haman's biggest problem is getting out consistent and reliable damage. Her two big sources of damage are her BR and her funnels. However, relying on Funnels for damage is somewhat unreliable and, on top of that, Haman's Funnels require you to manually fire after launching them. Pressure isn't nearly as good as it was in Next either and her melee isn't as overpowered as in Next. She's fun to play but very much aimed towards advanced players.

Kshatriya does great damage but problem? It's HUGE. It's the largest unit in the game and that makes it easier to get hit with ranged fire and melee attacks. Damage can be fairly good otherwise though.

People are freaking out over at GameFAQs that the Asian version does not have online play. There is no information to support these claims, so people who went with the Asian version should remain calm.

Coxy

People are freaking out over at GameFAQs that the Asian version does not have online play. There is no information to support these claims, so people who went with the Asian version should remain calm.

i got buy initial D asian version and it didn't have online battle and japan version got

he's basing it on nothing but an experience with a game released years ago, no need for anyone to worry I'm sure

he's basing it on nothing but an experience with a game released years ago, no need for anyone to worry I'm sure

Yep, he's basing it on nothing at all. Previous Gundam games that were released in Asia (Gundam Musou 3, Gundam 0081) had online play intact.

Reknoc

Think I may end up getting this for Christmas, never played the Vs games before other than Federation vs Zeon on the PS2 (shitty Europe releases). Shame Yes-Asia doesn't seem to actually have the asian version yet though.

matmanx1

In honor of the new VS I've gone Gundam with my Avatar.

I watched a few of those matches on the youtube channel that was linked on the last page. The game looks fast, frenetic, deep and yet true to the Gundams themselves.

I didn't see it answered on the last page (or I may have missed it) but does the PS3 version support voice chat for online multiplayer? It seems like it would almost be a must for getting the most out of your teamwork.

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
I've always been intimidated by the line of people playing this at my local arcade. I know those guys would show me no mercy. Maybe now I can finally give this game a try...

thetrin

I've always been intimidated by the line of people playing this at my local arcade. I know those guys would show me no mercy. Maybe now I can finally give this game a try...

Let me know if you get it. We haven't played a game together in more than two years.

thetrin

Stream's over. Was a good watch, but was hoping he'd actually play the mode everyone is buying the game for. There must be a function to play 2v2 with bots.

Shouta

I totally should've went and tried Raphael Gundam at the arcade tonight, as it was just unlocked, but there's only 2 days until the game is released so holding myself back.

fionel

Not sure if this has been posted, but apparently both Trial mode and online versus are 1 player only, so you can't co-op trial mode nor play with a friend in split-screen against other players online.

Source is from one of the threads on amazon.co.jp BTW.

Kinda disappointed honestly. So split-screen is only good for what, arcade mode and local vs?

Not sure if this has been posted, but apparently both Trial mode and online versus are 1 player only, so you can't co-op trial mode nor play with a friend in split-screen against other players online.

Source is from one of the threads on amazon.co.jp BTW.

Kinda disappointed honestly. So split-screen is only good for what, arcade mode and local vs?
I believe I put trial mission mode as single player in the OT, but it's good to get confirmation on that and online versus.

But yes, that would mean split screen is limited to those two modes you mentioned.

BTW, you can rewatch the stream that was posted earlier: http://www.twitch.tv/myui1080/b/301237466

It has Raphael, Dynames, and Blue Frame gameplay on top of Trial Mission mode stuff and BGM edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom