• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is owning these trials and not even leveling up units

Yeah, he's breezing through them and S ranking one shot go most of the time. We'll see in the later missions though.

EDIT: It's insane how good Full Cloth's Muramasa Blaster whip is. The range and speed is so good.

Wazzim

Banned
From the stream linked above:
主にPS3ですが、時々PSPやXbox360やWiiもやります。
Does that mean: "This game is a PS3 exclusive. Not on PSP, Xbox 360 or Wii." ?
KuGsj.gif

EDIT: Google translate says that it means that he prefers to play the PS3/PSP/360.

EDIT: I love how the camera moves in this game compared to GvsG Next Plus, can't wait to get my hands on it.

Was browsing /m/ and saw this staff interview quote from a Famitsu EXVS scan.

DLC機体は無料ダウンロード.ミッションにも敵として出現するので、
気に入りましたらぜひ使ってもらいたいです

Anybody want to give this a go? The wife told me it said DLC mobile suits will show up in the free DLC missions as enemies. Please play them if you want to check them out.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Anybody want to give this a go? The wife told me it said DLC mobile suits will show up in the free DLC missions as enemies. Please play them if you want to check them out.

Man, your wife should be translating this stuff, not us. :p

TreIII

Oh sweet, DLC units are free. They appear in missions so if they interest you, grab them to play.

Very nice. It seems like they really are trying to give console players a facsimile of the arcade experience, right down to the extra DLC missions being a vehicle for what basically serve the purpose as "time unlock" units in the arcade.

Yeah, glad the EXVS team is doing its best to keep that experience up. Here's to hoping system link is in as well.

And again, the DLC suits in the Famitsu scan that were teased were Freedom, The O, Gottlaran, and Arche.

matmanx1

Oh sweet, DLC units are free. They appear in missions so if they interest you, grab them to play.

What does this mean? Namco is giving away units for free? Knowing Namco I find that hard to believe.

I just watched an awesome youtube video with the Endless Waltz Deathscythe. I like melee focused units like that. Are they at a disadvantage in this game? It sort of seems like they would be but maybe thats because most of the videos Ive seen have just been ranged weapon spam.

Shouta

What does this mean? Namco is giving away units for free? Knowing Namco I find that hard to believe.

Exactly, what it means. Assuming that the information is true. DLC units are free. They appear in Trial Missions so if folks want to use them, they can download them later.

Exactly, what it means. Assuming that the information is true. DLC units are free. They appear in Trial Missions so if folks want to use them, they can download them later.

That quote I put is exactly from the Famitsu scan I looked at, so it must be legit... hopefully. xD

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The O is DLC? Fuck yes. So going to get that.

MechaX

The Freedom was taken out in the first place? What the hell, man!

That, and I like it vastly better than the Strike Freedom.

Shouta

They reverted the changes to Strike Freedom so there wasn't an real reason to keep Freedom in in the first place. However, folks wanted it or they wanted it for trial missions so they added it back in.

Zapages

After this hell week of classes and exams... I can't wait for this weekend to play the game. I am so freakin tired of exams/ exams file 's corrupting on me. :(

Bebpo

Banned
They reverted the changes to Strike Freedom so there wasn't an real reason to keep Freedom in in the first place. However, folks wanted it or they wanted it for trial missions so they added it back in.

I don't care how they play. Strike Freedom is an ugly mess that brings shame to the gorgeous mecha beauty that was Freedom gundam. I hate when games pass over Freedom for SF :(

foblitz

Neo Member
Hey, was browsing the thread and saw some people asking for play-asia coupon codes. I ordered my copies a while ago (apparently the price went up since then? lol) so if I use these codes the savings...well it'll be pointless. So yea. I'll just leave them here if anyone wants to use them.

Code TZ-UOU-YOB

Get US$7 off a purchase of US$77 or more

Code VW-LET-KVU

Get US$15 off a purchase of US$150 or more

Shouta

I don't care how they play. Strike Freedom is an ugly mess that brings shame to the gorgeous mecha beauty that was Freedom gundam. I hate when games pass over Freedom for SF :(

I don't like either of them so, I dun care!

Beth Cyra

Well, to be fair this is the same thing GX, Shining, Wing have to go through. They get an upgrade and the lesser loses out.

Hell think about Wing and Wing Zero TV fans, they don't even get their series repped half the time haha.

After this hell week of classes and exams... I can't wait for this weekend to play the game. I am so freakin tired of exams/ exams file 's corrupting on me. :(

As a school psychologist for the public schools, I've got December 17th to January 3rd off. Oh yeah!! Can't wait for my pregnant wife to yell at me for not sleeping cause I'm playing "another one of your stupid robot games."*

*All said with love.

thetrin

Yeah. Strike Freedom is seriously fucking ugly.

So for someone who's last Gundam game was FvZ2 for the PS2, how does this game play out? or is this game very different from the FvZ series? :eek:

Oh yes this! I understand they need to have the Dragoons for SF but I just love how sexy the original Freedom was.

Shouta

Thanks for the confirmation! See, this is why I ask. =)

Time to add to the OT!

Correction on the info now that I've seen the article. The units appear in the free download missions, not that they are free. Someone added an extra period to the Japanese that you C&P'd

Correction on the info now that I've seen the article. The units appear in the free download missions, not that they are free. Someone added an extra period to the Japanese that you C&P'd
Thanks for that. So the wife was right then. Hopefully they won't be an arm and a leg.

Who am I kidding. I'm gonna get them anyway.

Sounds like what they did with some of the units in Battlefield Record U.C. 0081. The units would show up as enemies in downloadable missions, but then you had to buy them as separate DLC if you wanted to use them (ie. GP-02).

Time to get my buddy in Osaka to stock up on moonbuck PSN cards for me.

Shouta

Sounds like what they did with some of the units in Battlefield Record U.C. 0081. The units would show up as enemies in downloadable missions, but then you had to buy them as separate DLC if you wanted to use them (ie. GP-02).

Time to get my buddy in Osaka to stock up on moonbuck PSN cards for me.

If I was coming home earlier, I'd get you the card myself but I won't be heading back to Seattle until the 22nd.

Astery

Damn the streams, I'll just get jelly watching them. :<

Was browsing /m/ and saw this staff interview quote from a Famitsu EXVS scan.

Famitsu says that there are gonna be DLC units that is free to download and appear as enemy units in trial missions, but you gotta pay for them if you want to actually control these units.

From the stream linked above:

Quote:
&#20027;&#12395;PS3&#12391;&#12377;&#12364;&#12289;&#26178;&#12293;PSP&#12420;Xbox360&#12420;Wii&#12418;&#12420;&#12426;&#12414;&#12377;&#12290;

Does that mean: "This game is a PS3 exclusive. Not on PSP, Xbox 360 or Wii." ?
KuGsj.gif

EDIT: Google translate says that it means that he prefers to play the PS3/PSP/360.

EDIT: I love how the camera moves in this game compared to GvsG Next Plus, can't wait to get my hands on it.

The streamer plays on PS3 mostly, sometimes on PSP, 360 and Wii. Nothing related to EXVS.

I don't know if it's old news or not, but it appears that there's Fight Request similar to SF4/MVC, etc. Where you can play in arcade mode against CPU until you get matched up with players.

I don't know if it's old news or not, but it appears that there's Fight Request similar to SF4/MVC, etc. Where you can play in arcade mode against CPU until you get matched up with players.

That's only in online ranked/player matches with the lobbies. If there aren't enough in the lobby for a full game, you'll play matches with the CPU, which is apparently similar to the arcade cabinet system setup. Arcade mode (with the routes) is offline only.

Also just saw a rage quit in that stream. LOL.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
That makes more sense... time to find JP PSN cards somewhere then!

Also, Amiami has it in stock now!
Came out relatively cheap, 8130Y including shipping.

Can't wait :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom