• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gungnir |OT| The War to End All Wars

Volcynika

Yeah I'll probably get some PSP games digitally when I get a Vita later this year, but I can only hope they'll be compatible by then. Yeesh, Sony.

acceptable to me: vita psp umd incompatibility
sorta acceptable to me: not all psp umd games on psn
unacceptable to me: absence of any psn psp/ps1 games on vita store. anything short of full psn psp/ps1 compatibility is fucked. 'game by game' is fucked. message to sony: get your friggin' shit together...

I would be even more lenient and say only new PSP releases absolutely need to be compatible with the Vita. There are not a lot of them anymore anyway, but even that is apparently too much to ask.
I hope this is something they can sort out for the European release. Especially for a game like Gungnir where every sale should count.

Aeana

I can't believe it's not compatible with Vita.
If Growlanser isn't compatible with Vita, I may not even buy it. I could just play the PS2 version again instead..

TimeKillr

I can't believe it's not compatible with Vita.
If Growlanser isn't compatible with Vita, I may not even buy it. I could just play the PS2 version again instead..

I don't know the process, but maybe it failed Sony's Vita cert?

Does the publisher have to pay extra for Sony QA cert for the Vita?

Venfayth

Well, there goes my hopes of playing these games. Will they -eventually- be compatible with Vita, or am I SOL unless I buy a PSP?

Teknoman

You'd at least think that the new PSP games would be Vita compatible from the start. Guess i'll have to hold off for awhile...stopping physical purchases since I dont want to have to swap handhelds all the time.

NichM

Banned
We're looking into the Vita thing. None of us are sure why it isn't compatible yet, but fingers crossed that it won't stay that way for long.

Volcynika

Well they forgot about it on "The Drop" maybe they forgot about making it Vita compatible!

(Srsly, it's weird why it wasn't made compatible yet)

TimeKillr

We're looking into the Vita thing. None of us are sure why it isn't compatible yet, but fingers crossed that it won't stay that way for long.

I really, *really* want to buy it. I'm an Atlus (also Sting) whore.

But I'm not taking my PSP out. I hope it works out, Nich!

NichM

Banned
Okay, it's looking like this is just a victim of Sony's backlog for testing and approving native PSP games (and minis) for Vita compatibility. Unfortunately, I don't have an estimated date of when to expect this to show up on Vita, but I have no reason to believe it won't happen eventually.

The same thing's going to apply to Growlanser, sorry to say. We asked about whether it would be possible to expedite the process for that game at least, but there's nothing that can be done.

Okay, it's looking like this is just a victim of Sony's backlog for testing and approving native PSP games (and minis) for Vita compatibility. Unfortunately, I don't have an estimated date of when to expect this to show up on Vita, but I have no reason to believe it won't happen eventually.

The same thing's going to apply to Growlanser, sorry to say. We asked about whether it would be possible to expedite the process for that game at least, but there's nothing that can be done.

thank you for the info...

which, unfortunately, confirms that the problem is indeed sheer lack of interest on sony's part. pretty pathetic - a big batch of ready-to-go vita content that's just basically left to gather cobwebs...

Eusis

Just gotta wait and see if Gungnir and others are playable by the time Growlanser is out I guess. I'm hoping the homebrew incident just caused drastic slowdown.

Just gotta wait and see if Gungnir and others are playable by the time Growlanser is out I guess. I'm hoping the homebrew incident just caused drastic slowdown.

well, if this 'approval process' is basically all in the hands of some poor, underpaid bastard, stuck in some dim, poorly ventilated cubicle, left to figure it all out on his own (which i'm starting to believe), yeah, you just may be right :) ...

scy

:/

I guess I can always play them on my PSP but ... still ...

Glix

Man, Sony, you guys are the fucking worst when it comes to the Vita. As I've said many many times before on this forum...

GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER SONY

cj_iwakura

One of many reasons why parting with the PSP is silly. Not just this, but there's many UMD-only titles and stuff that may never hit the PSN.
(If you never owned one, well, my condolences.)

C-Jo

Sony's general incompetence surrounding the Vita would be hilarious if it wasn't so disheartening. What a complete and utter gong show.

Kid Marin

Hopefully Atlus will put up a pdf manual online like they did for Yggdra Union (the PSN version has no digital booklet). :/

Emitan

As someone who basically only plays Fire Emblem would you recommend this game or Yggdra Union to me? I don't really have experience with SRPGs outside of those but Fire Emblem 7 is my 2nd favorite game of all time.

As someone who basically only plays Fire Emblem would you recommend this game or Yggdra Union to me? I don't really have experience with SRPGs outside of those but Fire Emblem 7 is my 2nd favorite game of all time.

Hmmm... I think I would go with this game. It is pretty straight forward and the tutorial is very good at explaining the systems.

By the way, is anyone else kind of ignoring treasure chests? Takes so long to break them open... Is there a way to calculate how many turns are needed in order to 3 star a stage? If I knew that I could fit breaking one open into my plans better...

UberTag

Both Sony and Nintendo continue to one-up each other in terms of ghastly incompetence.
Good thing both have incredible development studios to compensate for their corporate missteps.

Even still I'm contemplating picking this up to play on my PSP Go in the interim. Always love supporting Atlus.

Ricker

Just got the UMD...reading through the manual I see there's perma death but also a retry option after Battle Loss,with the difficulty turned down and you keep experience already earned...they say there is a basic and advanced difficulty at the start of the game to choose from...is the game hard on advanced,kinda like Riviera was? with the retry option,I am thinking of starting on advanced...

Should have known better than to sell my precious PSP Go to help fund the purchase an over priced handheld SCEA couldn't give a crap about :( :( :(

I've got too many UMDs in my backlog, and 80% of them will most likely never show up on PSN. Stuff like Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean, Crisis Core, etc. I'm grateful I have them or I may have sold mine for funds as well.

gate777

Got through the opening battle playing on advanced relatively easy. Will dive in deeper this evening after work and the Spain - Ireland football match.

Eusis

Stop being logical. It's making me cry on the inside :(
Well, I do hope that anger over the Vita not supporting this serves as a wake up call to start getting support added, especially since it seems to be quiet on the homebrew front.

Verelios

Buying this on PSN once it becomes available on the Vita store. I'm almost holding myself back, but I really can't go back to the PSP now. Yeah, it's that bad.

Top Bottom