• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunpoint [STEAM] A Rube Goldberg stealth machine

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Interesting level Morningbus, but yea the level breaks if you knock everyone out.

Thanks for giving it a shot! I've added a failsafe for the final room in the latest version (2.0): http://goo.gl/CjBzs

Everything can be completed as a psychopath or a ghost now.

Edit: Might as well post it here, too:

Finally finished my level:

i2ji0XXsrI65h.png

Cheque Pointe: (v 2.0): http://goo.gl/CjBzs

Changes:
(v 1.5) Fixed a misplaced tile. Also added a way to get out of an impossible-to-complete situation if you choose ultra-violence. Save for being shot and killed, there is always a way to complete the level.
(v 2.0) Accounted for even more ultra-violence, which makes me afraid of you people. Also added in one more trigger to prevent getting yourself stuck in the last room. I've completed the level as a ghost and also a psycho, so we should be good for reals this time.

elfinke

Put the game in your cart but then play the demo anyways just for the chunk of dialog at the end of the playable area.

It's worth it.

Just finished the demo and yeah, totally worth it. So bought it on Steam per the dev's wishes, and I think this (and perhaps The Swapper) will be my goto gift game(s) for the near future.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just finished it, lovely game. I think that above all I appreciate its sense of humor.

Morpork

Thanks for giving it a shot! I've added a failsafe for the final room in the latest version (2.0): http://goo.gl/CjBzs

That was fun! I had to
re-wire a guard's gun to a light switch
to get through all the trap doors. Did I need to do that?

Also, I just noticed this in my achievements. I punched a dude over 1000 times lol. I How many times do you have to punch someone to get it I wonder? I didn't notice it pop up while I was doing all the punching.

AEREC

Threw some tf2 items (buck turner all stars and shred alert) on the marketplace so I could buy this. Hoping they sell by tonight.

Edit: that sold fast...game bought.

Such a fantastic game.

I've been really taking my time with this one since I've heard its length isn't the longest, but I'm enjoying the mechanics and openness so it's so much fun doing each level multiple times/ways to see how many different ways it works.

Can't wait to dive in to community levels after I eventually finish, but I can see it needing a repository somewhere.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Just as a reminder if you keep posting more levels:

I think its best if I link ONE post by every member in the OP that the members themselves update with their other levels. You are free to bump the thread to tell others that you made a new level and can link it, but please also update your first main post that should contain ALL of your levels if you have more than one.

Added your post to the OP now too.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
That was fun! I had to

Also, I just noticed this in my achievements. I punched a dude over 1000 times lol. I How many times do you have to punch someone to get it I wonder? I didn't notice it pop up while I was doing all the punching.

Hilarious achievemment, i got it yesterday.
So far loving this gem of a game. Well worth every cent.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
I tried using the Hush Cracker but it won't work.
I click on mid-air and nothing happens, it says its ready to use.

Lanbeast

Just beat this yesterday and it was one of my favorite short lived games in a long time. The last level and some of the achievements I got had me laughing out loud. Props to the developer.

sqwarlock

That was fun! I had to

Just got this achievement and laughed my ass off. The messages at the bottom make it even better, especially when you do it so much you get a punch counter.

EDIT: Just beat the story. Here's my ending (spoilers, obviously).

Thraktor

I've now managed to get Lightning on all the levels!

Some of them are almost trivially easy when you can kick down doors, but there are some challenging ones in there, particularly the last.

Also, if we want to have a leaderboard for the lowest cumulative time, you can stick me on at 8m 58s.

AEREC

Is there a way to upgrade the normal game later, if I want the soundtrack and the commentaries?

I'd like to know this as well...bought the regular version thinking I could upgrade later like other steam let you do. No big deal if I can't but would be nice to have the option.

dejay

Banned
I didn't even know about this game until I saw it pop up on Steam's featured games list this morning. The artstyle grabbed me (platform noire?), I tried the demo and I'm now loving the full game. I love it when little games like this pop up and enthral me. Recommended.

megalowho

Just played through this in one sitting. Cool cool game. Took a bit for the mechanics to fully click but once they do and you get a few more abilities you can pull off some really creative and sneaky tricks. Soundtrack is note perfect, the writing is sharp throughout and some of the achievements are downright hilarious. Haven't gone achievement hunting in ages but might make an exception here.

I've been anticipating this game for ages yet I didn't buy it the moment it came out, I know, I'm bad, but to those who bought the Special and Exclusive edition, are the commentary and prototypes worth it? They interest me but I don't know if I should delve for the extra or just stick to getting the game alone.

Wok

I have noticed several times what appeared to be blinking text, similar to subliminal stimuli (think of "Fight Club" for instance). It happened during the conversations between the hero and the protagonists, not during the gameplay. Has someone else experienced this?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
New update out, anyone knows what it does?

Toma

I could never do that based on the success of one game. I would have constant fear that it was just luck, and then my career that I left would be ruined.

Yeah, but since he now has enough money to make a game and NOT being bothered by when its not selling a single copy... I dont think we are talking about the same amount of money here :p

I just completed my first run and it's totally awesome.

the punches at games journalism are a bit odd when you read about the author though. :p
(was that what the 'who / whom' dialogue option referred to?)

HoosTrax

I just finished my first playthrough and I have a question -- I noticed that the plotline seems to branch. How do I replay the missions I didn't play (due to taking a different plot branch)? Do I have to start an entirely new game from scratch?

NSider

I was thinking about Gunpoint a lot today, since I voted for it as one of my games of the years (#4 for me), so I had to take a look at the official GAF thread. Shame there aren't that many replies.

Anyway, it's obviously a fantastic game, but I've always thought that it was a bit light on content. The level creator had such potential, but not including any in-game way to share, rank and download user-made levels was a disappointment. The way you download and play levels is pretty awkward.

I was expecting Tom to update the game with more levels and/or improvements on the level creation tool.. but that never happened. Is there somewhere where I can find the best user-made levels?

I'm really LTTP on indie games. Just got into them recently and why I haven't got into them before just amazes me. Gunpoint on googling best indie games of 2013 came up multiple times. Looks interesting, love the art style and gameplay mechanics. Going to try this out for sure.

Top Bottom