• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gwen Ifill of PBS Dead at 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/11/14/gwen-ifill-dead-at-61.html

Long-time journalist and newscaster Gwen Ifill passed away at the age of 61, PBS confirmed on Monday. Ifill was best known as being the moderator and managing editor of PBS talk show Washington Week, as well as the co-anchor of PBS NewsHour. She moderated two vice-presidential debates, between John Edwards and Dick Cheney in 2004; and between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden in 2008. She released her only book, The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama, in 2009.

Fuck 2016.

story just broke..

2016 continues its fuckery :(

49305006.cached.jpg

Long-time journalist and newscaster Gwen Ifill passed away at the age of 61, PBS confirmed on Monday. Ifill was best known as being the moderator and managing editor of PBS talk show Washington Week, as well as the co-anchor of PBS NewsHour. She moderated two vice-presidential debates, between John Edwards and Dick Cheney in 2004; and between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden in 2008. She released her only book, The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama, in 2009.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/11/14/gwen-ifill-dead-at-61.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I've been watching PBS' news coverage since I was a kid, so this one really hurt. Just out of nowhere, I didn't even know she was sick.

She was a leader in the industry. We need reporters like her now more than ever. Terrible terrible news. RIP.

TissueBox

RIP. May she stay in the memories of many of those whose lives had at least partially been touched and informed by her words.

CDX

Apparently she had been in ill health for a little while at least, and she died in hospice care, so it wasn't completely out of the blue. That said, I don't think many people knew about it.

RIP

Oh, wow.

I feel like I saw her very recently on TV, and I assumed she was healthy. I had no idea she was ill.

RIP.

dramatis

Oh, wow.

I feel like I saw her very recently on TV, and I assumed she was healthy. I had no idea she was ill.

RIP.
She was, I think she was even on for election night?

Earlier this year she took a break to get some rest, but she basically kept working.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Whoa. RIP.

She was, I think she was even on for election night?

Earlier this year she took a break to get some rest, but she basically kept working.

Unless she did just a small piece, she didn't do election night.

I think the last major events she did were the debates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom