• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gwen Ifill of PBS Dead at 61

Status
Not open for further replies.

M52B28

Banned
I grew up seeing her face on TV. My mom always cheered for her when she came on the TV.

I'm gonna miss her.. so much, especially since she reminds me of why my mom watches PBS. She was a great person.

Espada

Damn.

McLaughlin and Ifill dead in the same year, PBS lost some of their best this year. These two were a constant whenever I would turn on PBS.

TylerD

Wow, I didn't even know she was ill. Rest In Piece Gwen. Loved you on Newshour over the years I've been watching. You will be deeply missed.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
No, I liked her.

This terrible year continues.

BBboy20

I wonder if her last thoughts was that of despair with this election or did she still believed we will survive and prosper.

I saw one of her last appearances a couple of weeks ago (I think debate related) and I knew something was wrong because she looked drastically different but I couldn't put my finger on it. She was very jubilant and relaxed and everyone seemed to really be enjoying her company. I am happy that my last memories of her are positive. I have grown up watching her and admiring her "just right" approach to journalism. I'm surprised this thread is so short because her impact on news/reporting is resounding! RIH Gwen!

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
I'm surprised this many people did not know she was ill. There have been a myriad of guest hosts on Washington Week for probably at least a year and you could tell she had lost a lot of weight.

RIP Gwen.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Lets remember 2016 not for what we have lost but the memories we had made.

All I remember is the loss. Aside from American sports being interesting, this year has been atrocious.

RIP, Gwen.

Xe4

Banned
Yo, WTF. Sad she had to die this year, of all years. I remember always tuning in on Friday evenings to watch Washington Week with my dad back when I lived at my parents house. She was one of my favorite and most respected journalists, in the US or otherwise.

RIP Gwen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom