• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom |OT| - All's fair in love and the Shinsengumi.

That's a great write-up DS, hopefully it'll give some people here more insight into the game considering so few sites have posted reviews for this game.

I haven't had a ton of time to spend on this lately due to work, but I have been playing a bit each night before I go to sleep and have been enjoying it.

Why won't Shinpachi love me... ;_;

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That's a great write-up DS, hopefully it'll give some people here more insight into the game considering so few sites have posted reviews for this game.

I haven't had a ton of time to spend on this lately due to work, but I have been playing a bit each night before I go to sleep and have been enjoying it.

Why won't Shinpachi love me... ;_;
Thanks. It's too bad I posted it at the end of the other page, though, so no one would read it! :lol

I hope you got on the Harada route! That one was nice.

I also wish Shinpachi were dateable. He's an awesome character... Seems like a lot of people in this thread wish he were dateable.

First ending get. (Harada Good!) :D

Overall, a very enjoyable game. It's too bad that this has moved to Community already. Now it's even harder to give this game some more exposure when almost zero sites have done a review for this.

More visual novels please.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Ugh, I know. I really like the game, but it's a shame that not a lot of people'll pay attention to it.

Didn't notice this was in community either.

I posted the review I wrote in here to Giant Bomb (edited, of course), but I doubt people there will read it, lol. I'm an idiot and decided to post it as people were finishing Mass Effect 3.

Cheska

I'm guessing there's been no further update on the Vita compatibility issue? I'm saving a nice PSN card for this bad boy :)

I'm guessing there's been no further update on the Vita compatibility issue? I'm saving a nice PSN card for this bad boy :)

You could ask Akselziys and see what the situation is.

I still can't believe that there has been almost zero reviews from any of the "big" sites.

cj_iwakura

Oh what now?

61KxXDJx2OL.jpg

oh this thread got bumped ...

i boughthe day day one ( preordered ) but only got time to start it last week ..i've done chapter 1 ..so far i'm loving it and i hope i haven't screwed up the ruote i'm intrested in..

I only regret that i can't use a bouton when a red term comes up to quickly go to the encyclopedia to see the meaning

Cheska

Since I don't see this posted anywhere Hakuoki is $25 as a digital download through Gamestops website,pretty darn good deal and the lowest I've seen it go. It be interesting to know if this finally got Vita compatibility since Unchained Blades and Gungnir jut went through.

EDIT: Apparently it's $24.99 through the PSN as well Damnit, I should have read the first page again. I guess it's always been $25 for the digital download. I can't believe I forgot -_-

Cheska

the real question is : did the game got vita compatibility ?

Well there was no announcement for the recent games that did get the compatibility update, so fingers crossed that this made the pass. I'm tempted to just double dip right now and give it a try.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Should probably PM Akselziys or Belisarius about that. As far as I know, it's on the Sony end of things and they haven't gotten it approved yet.

It's quite a shame too because I really liked this game a lot and I think more people should play it. I'd take the PS3 game. :)

On that note, I hope that Hakuoki was somewhat successful in that it opened the doors for more otome games to be localized somehow. I know most of the work is going into VLR now, but after that, I wonder what Aksys has up their sleeves.

Speaking of, I bought Agarest War 2 and Jikandia but I won't be playing those for a while. :s

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Well there was no announcement for the recent games that did get the compatibility update, so fingers crossed that this made the pass. I'm tempted to just double dip right now and give it a try.

From what we've recently heard, Hakuoki should be VITA ready in August :)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Awesome~

I hope Vita owners enjoy it. :D

(Btw, this doesn't have the capacity to take screenshots, does it? I'm not all familiar with PSP games + screenshots on Vita.)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh its on Vita now? Guess Ill get tthis game when I finally get the white vita. Wish the OT was longer for actual impressions of the game.
I posted lengthy impressions here, but I was silly and ended up making it the last post on a page. :(

So I ended up posting an edited and easier-to-read version over here instead. I really enjoyed the game a lot. And keeping the Japanese voiceovers added tremendously to the experience, but that's because I ended up liking how the seiyuu portrayed most of the characters.

I really hope this did well, because I'd love for more otome games to be localized, this is one of the few IF games I like, and I kinda like the Hakuoki universe now that I've been introduced to it.

I posted lengthy impressions here, but I was silly and ended up making it the last post on a page. :(

So I ended up posting an edited and easier-to-read version over here instead. I really enjoyed the game a lot. And keeping the Japanese voiceovers added tremendously to the experience, but that's because I ended up liking how the seiyuu portrayed most of the characters.

I really hope this did well, because I'd love for more otome games to be localized, this is one of the few IF games I like, and I kinda like the Hakuoki universe now that I've been introduced to it.

Are they the same va's in the Hakuoki anime thats currently airing?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Are they the same va's in the Hakuoki anime thats currently airing?
Yes; I believe they use the same seiyuu for all of the Hakuoki media including video games and anime. So the likes of Shotaro Morikubo, Kousuke Toriumi, Hiroyuki Yoshino, and Koji Yusa are in here.

Ugh, that's another anime I have to add to my backlog. Too much anime in my backlog already. ;_;

goober

so my gf loves this game, is there anything similar for the PSP?

or something adventure-ish or a PSP equivalent to Professor Layton for the DS?
I'm not sure this is the right thread, but worth a shot

firehawk12

Subete no aware
so my gf loves this game, is there anything similar for the PSP?

or something adventure-ish or a PSP equivalent to Professor Layton for the DS?
I'm not sure this is the right thread, but worth a shot
There's an English Visual Novel thread in gaming somewhere you could look through.

PSP has tons of VNs though, but most of them haven't been localized for obvious reasons.

Setre

Now that the game works on the Vita, through the PS3 work around, I’m finally playing it. I’ve only played the Prologue but so far Okita seems more my style.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Now that the game works on the Vita, through the PS3 work around, I’m finally playing it. I’ve only played the Prologue but so far Okita seems more my style.
Okita route is best route. Enjoy! :D

(And don't discount the Saito route, the Heisuke route, or the Harada route; they were better than I had expected.)

Again, apologies for yet another necro, but if I'm playing the PSP version, do I really NEED the 3DS version?
Well, the 3DS version has more story content.

I'm getting it mainly to support Aksys and VNs in general. I liked the game a lot, but the narrative is really heavy and slowly paced. I'm getting it day one, but I don't think I'll be replaying it again right away. (Harada is the only eligible guy I really liked, and I already did his route.)

It's not like Sweet Fuse, where I just want to keep playing and playing.

pariah164

Well, the 3DS version has more story content.

I'm getting it mainly to support Aksys and VNs in general. I liked the game a lot, but the narrative is really heavy and slowly paced. I'm getting it day one, but I don't think I'll be replaying it again right away. (Harada is the only eligible guy I really liked, and I already did his route.)

It's not like Sweet Fuse, where I just want to keep playing and playing.
My money already is going to Pokemon; I'm pretty strapped for cash after buying Sweet Fuse. If there's ever a sale or something, I might get it then.

Top Bottom