• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life 2: Some what major news for those who care.

marsomega

Full Story:

ARRESTS MADE IN RELATION TO HALF-LIFE 2 THEFT

Online Community Tracks Down Hackers

June, 10 2004 - Arrests have been made in several countries related to the break-in to Valve's network, theft of the Half-Life 2 source
code, and release of the source code on the Internet.

"Within a few days of the announcement of the break-in, the online gaming community had tracked down those involved," said Gabe Newell,
Valve's CEO. "It was extraordinary to watch how quickly and how cleverly gamers were able to unravel what are traditionally unsolvable
problems for law enforcement related to this kind of cyber-crime."

Thousands of tips were received related to the criminal activities, with a core group of people who were able to analyze and backtrack
from these clues. Subsequent to these individuals being identified, Valve has been working with various national authorities to prepare
cases against those involved, leading to these arrests.

"It was very uplifting to see how the community rallied and tracked these people down. Everyone here at Valve is once again reminded of
how much we owe to the gaming community," added Mr. Newell.

For specific details on the arrests, please contact the Northwest Cyber Crime Task Force, Seattle, 206-262-2030.

link

Perhaps it wasn't staged to buy time they don't have regardless...

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
We're sorry, but here on G-A you have to post the news 5 mins after it happens for it not to be old, therefore

This news is old :D

marsomega

I could of sworn I didn't see that thread when i did the search. Oh well, had it happen sooner or later......Least it was from a different source.....

Ummmmmmmmmm...........

Look at my crazy dance!!!

261167-dancing-embed.gif

If you blink at least once when reading something, chance is that some on has already posted it on GA.

Sadly you slept for a day the the world past you by on this one.

Better look next time!!

Top Bottom