• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Master Chief new design revealed (Toy)

WrikaWrek

Banned
That looks amazing, actually looks like some futuristic armor from gritty and realistic Universe, like say Aliens.

The former ones look like sunday morning power rangers ninjas from space like stuff. Toys stuff.

I like it, I think the chestpiece shoulder straps should be spread out just a bit more and get some damn protection near the crotch area, but other than that it looks awesome.

xHAASx

Banned
It's actually very meta. Halo is an FPS, and in FPS's, you don't turn your head-just the entire body. 343 is ahead of the curve; that's all.

tumblr_lov6izSPCg1qgabr4o1_500.gif

Hulud

Guys guys guys...maybe he finds some new Forerunner shielding improvements which makes cock armor obsolete?

Aselith

From
Master_Chief-H3.png

to

tumblr_lzapffKOK51r2yc4mo1_1280.jpg

is pretty terrible. No shoulder armor, doesn't look like he should be able to turn his head, and his chest plate has a bunch of gaps leading directly to the under-armor now. Doesn't really make sense at all.
If you look at TheOddOnes photo's, it easier to see that it's possible for him to turn it. Bad angle for the OP pic.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Those shoulder things look so fucking dumb. So does shriveled/singed crotch.

Every other change is AWESOME.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I don't mind the new look if they give a reasonable explanation as to how he goes into cryosleep with one suit of Mjolnir armor on and wakes up in another...... if not this is absolutely ludicrous.

The suites and changing of suits have always been a huge part of Halo lore, I trust 343 won't F it up...

Duxxy3

Don't like it.

With the old suit it seemed like the armor was part of it. This suit it looks like armor is slapped on top of clothing.

edit: and obviously there is no protection for his junk

Should have released a picture of the toy in a armour lock pose, because then I would have been excited for Halo 4. No armour lock no purchase.

No seriously the armour looks a bit weak compared to the original trilogy, not sure im a fan of the direction they are taking with it, but ill wait till I see game screenshots, I care more about the general art direction than just some toy.

def sim

It's fine apart from the fact that he wouldn't be able to turn his head and that's probably the fault of the toy model more than anything. The changes will most likely be reasoned by "battle damage w/ lost armor plates" and retcon magic.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Looks exactly like the one from the reveal before.

So badass. Needs more crotch armor though. A little less clipped wings on his back wouldn't be too bad either.

I don't really see the difference between Halo 4 master chief and the previous games. I guess he's missing some green plating? I don't think most people are going to notice or care.

Havok

I don't mind the new look if they give a reasonable explanation as to how he goes into cryosleep with one suit of Mjolnir armor on and wakes up in another...... if not this is absolutely ludicrous.
They've already given an explanation in the Glasslands novel. Frank suggested that there will be more explanation coming but that it was too "spoiler-y" to say at the time.

very different,he looks like crap.

...It's the exact same armor from the previous games just that it has scratchs and some of the plating has fallen off. Which makes total sense considering he just got through the hugest war in human history, got lost in space, and is now stranded on some alien world.

...It's the exact same armor from the previous games just that it has scratchs and some of the plating has fallen off. Which makes total sense considering he just got through the hugest war in human history, got lost in space, and is now stranded on some alien world.

not the same at all.look at his helmet,the added pieces on his back,chest and legs too.doesnt look like him at all.

Khezu

Are the shoulder pads jetpacks? I remember him having boosters on his back in that E3 trailer, or maybe I'm going crazy IDK.

wwm0nkey

Are the shoulder pads jetpacks? I remember him having boosters on his back in that E3 trailer, or maybe I'm going crazy IDK.

He has a thruster pack in the back, they have been in spartan armor for A LONG time but we have never really seen them used in the games.

Kinyou

I don't like those shoulder plates. I don't like them at all. And the armor gaps are weird too, it's more like a suit you'd find in Dead Space

Top Bottom